Photo

Rumor: Wii U To Feature Revolutionary NFC "Gamer Card".

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

http://www.dualpixel...-nfc-gamer-card

Earlier today, the NFC functionality of Wii U was previewed in a leaked Rayman Legends trailer that showed Ubisoft character action figures being migrated into the game by simply sitting them on the Wii U tablet display. We've gotten word that the tablet won't be the only NFC device featured with Wii U. According to Geno, a small device that's comparable to Pokemon's pedometer (seen with Heart Gold and Soul Silver) will accompany Wii U to "Street Pass" gamers everywhere. This small device can be carried inside a pocket or can be clipped upon one's waist. The device currently has no name but 3rd Parties have nicknamed it the "Gamer Card". It's a small low res color LCD device that shows an image of your Mii and a few stats about you. The device will gather the Nintendo Network profiles of the people you come in range with allow you to play games and communicate with them via Wii U. The slogan for the device is "When you walk back from work or school and log into Wii U you will have met new friends and even more enemies."

It also sounds like the VMU from the Dreamcast, what do you think?.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I actually like this idea.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs/rumor-wii-u-to-feature-revolutionary-nfc-gamer-card

Earlier today, the NFC functionality of Wii U was previewed in a leaked Rayman Legends trailer that showed Ubisoft character action figures being migrated into the game by simply sitting them on the Wii U tablet display. We've gotten word that the tablet won't be the only NFC device featured with Wii U. According to Geno, a small device that's comparable to Pokemon's pedometer (seen with Heart Gold and Soul Silver) will accompany Wii U to "Street Pass" gamers everywhere. This small device can be carried inside a pocket or can be clipped upon one's waist. The device currently has no name but 3rd Parties have nicknamed it the "Gamer Card". It's a small low res color LCD device that shows an image of your Mii and a few stats about you. The device will gather the Nintendo Network profiles of the people you come in range with allow you to play games and communicate with them via Wii U. The slogan for the device is "When you walk back from work or school and log into Wii U you will have met new friends and even more enemies."

It also sounds like the VMU from the Dreamcast, what do you think?.

Wow, that sounds great!
Especially the part where you can play online with the people you, I guess, "StreetPass."
Brilliant idea!

#4 Rvaisse

Rvaisse

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, zelda,FF,mariooooo

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yeah nice but stupid for 3ds owners!
Hope there will be a software for 3ds to do the same thing
Because if i do what they want now i have to carry my 3ds, my psvita and my gamercard .........walong with my phone of course...

#5 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

I like... although there are some people who i don't want to play with .... People i meet nearly everyday, and i hate talking to... So i'd rather not play game with them.... Hopefully the Nintendo Network will have a block feature..
Posted Image

#6 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Mind=Blown
Posted Image

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I like... although there are some people who i don't want to play with .... People i meet nearly everyday, and i hate talking to... So i'd rather not play game with them.... Hopefully the Nintendo Network will have a block feature..

I'm sure the online play will be optional.

Mind=Blown

Haha, exactly.

#8 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Man, if this is true, it will be huge in Japan!

Not where I live tho.
Where I live sucks.
lol
Posted Image

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Man, if this is true, it will be huge in Japan!

Not where I live tho.
Where I live sucks.
lol

It would be great where I live, if I go basically anywhere, I get a StreetPass on my 3DS.

#10 Rvaisse

Rvaisse

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

It sounds Fake to me, does anyone in the family has to buy one? What happens if you loose it? It's not wifi....! Theres no way nfc can work just by streepassing people!

#11 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Wow, this is an awesome idea. A lot better than what people said about using the 3DS for Wii U streetpasses. I hope they package it in with the console, they should be able to considering they can't be too expensive to make.

Posted Image

#12 Rvaisse

Rvaisse

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

And Dreamcast 's VMU was a real failure, Nintendo cannot let one of the most important feature ( streetpassing system, meeting new players, social gaming) relay on a kiddy plastic toy that no one will carry around except nintendomaniacs like us.
If its only an option its ok but its useless! You can do the same and better with only an ios or android app!

#13 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

It's not wifi....!

How do you know you can't connect the Wii U and this "Gamer Card?"

You don't know if it can connect to Wi-Fi either.

Edited by Blakexd9, 28 April 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

It sounds Fake to me, does anyone in the family has to buy one? What happens if you loose it? It's not wifi....! Theres no way nfc can work just by streepassing people!

That's right.
NFC requires touching your card off a receiver the way it's used now.
If your gamer card had both a receiver and an RFID tag, you'd be constantly streetpassing yourself.

I think this is just an idea a fan had for the Wii U, nothing more.
It would be pretty cool, but I'd prefer having my 3DS sync up with my Wii U for streetpassing.

Edited by Nollog, 28 April 2012 - 11:10 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Rvaisse

Rvaisse

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

How do you know you can't connect the Wii U and this "Gamer Card?"

You don't know if it can connect to Wi-Fi either.

Just because of the size, the price, wifi means bigger battery bigger size bigger price

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Actually...this would be interesting for physical gamer cards. Like actual cards. :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Just because of the size, the price, wifi means bigger battery bigger size bigger price

Ok, maybe not the Wi-Fi, but it can't be that much money for it to just connect to the Wii U.

Edited by Blakexd9, 28 April 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

http://simplyrfid.ty...ssive-rfid.html

So we're looking at 40 foot range.

Okay, so maybe this is possible, and I'd love to see it.
Seems a tad on the expensive side though.

And the conversation happening above:
NFC uses RFID tags.

Edited by Nollog, 28 April 2012 - 11:16 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Rvaisse

Rvaisse

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Ok, maybe not the Wi-Fi, but it can't be that much money for it to just connect to the Wii U.

Of course it can connects to wii u via nfc ir or rfid

#20 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Is this "Geno" a reliable source?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!