Photo

do you think the wii 2 controller is going to be expensive?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SHADOW

SHADOW

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

the wii 2 controller has a screen and very powerful I wonder if there going to be more expensive than a normal controller? what do you think?
Posted Image

#2 J_phoenix

J_phoenix

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

Welll they said they are not selling it seperately soooo....

#3 seakingz ★

seakingz ★

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Fandom:
    The legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

Welll they said they are not selling it seperately soooo....

^ what they said

Oh, and SHADOW, your signature is awful.

Posted Image

#4 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

Don't people listen? It's been said all over that it isn't going to be sold separately. xD

^ what they said

Oh, and SHADOW, your signature is awful.

I have to agree. It's too big and ghastly on the eyes. x_x

Posted Image

#5 Mojave

Mojave

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

They already said they're not selling the controllers separately because of the high cost, and that that's also why they won't be "focusing" on making multiplayer games for the thing. (Nintendo said).

#6 Storm

Storm

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

They already said they're not selling the controllers separately because of the high cost

Here's a source in case anyone doubts this.

#7 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

So if the controller breaks, you have to ship it off to Nintendo and wait weeks, if not months?

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#8 Droenix

Droenix

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

I believe I read somewhere that Nintendo is going to see what third-parties can do with the controller first, to decide if they will sell extra controllers or not. I don't see why they wouldn't, as what if the Wii U controller broke? Would Nintendo treat the Wii U in the same manner as a console, meaning would you have to ship your Wii U controller to them, so that they could do repairs or replace it? It just makes sense for them to sell Wii U controllers separately, but we can not be so sure of this happening or not.

Can't wait to hear more news in the near-future.
Posted Image

#9 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:15 AM

That's true, you must be able to replace damaged controllers. I seem to remember that there is a sync button on the back of the controller? If so it doesn't seem to be the case that the console and controller are built as a "matched pair", in theory any controller could be used with any base unit.

#10 izakthegoomba

izakthegoomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

Perhaps they will be purchasable separately, but only one can be used with each console. But Nintendo stuff rarely breaks, anyway. Unless you smash it.

#11 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:49 AM

My guess is that if they ever get sold separately or if it breaks and you have to buy a new one they will cost ~$120-150 AUD and about the same in USD and similar in UK after allowing for currency conversion.

#12 RedYoshi

RedYoshi

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Perhaps they will be purchasable separately, but only one can be used with each console. But Nintendo stuff rarely breaks, anyway. Unless you smash it.

Wiimote Wrist strap...nuf said

#13 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Nintendo can manufacture the parts for about 40-50 and sell them at $60/$70/$80.

Price is not the reason the console is so far supporting only one controller.

According to something I read, the Ipad screen is about $70 to manufacture and that is bigger and better than what the Wii U controller has.

Edited by Play4Fun, 14 June 2011 - 03:06 PM.

You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#14 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

I think it's going to be expensive; there's no doubt in my mind that it would be over $70 if they sold them separately! They are good quality, but the better something is, the more expensive it usually is. I can't imagine how much it would cost if you had to pay to get them repaired!

#15 HermantoWang

HermantoWang

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

I think it's going to be expensive; there's no doubt in my mind that it would be over $70 if they sold them separately! They are good quality, but the better something is, the more expensive it usually is. I can't imagine how much it would cost if you had to pay to get them repaired!

I agree with this.

#16 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

They never came out and said that they won't be selling it separately. It was a rumor that the console would only use 1, but now apparently it may use 2. And involving the breakage issue, I agree. They wouldn't want a bunch of people worldwide having to ship their controller in to get it fixed. They are going to sell separately. At least online most likely.
Posted Image

#17 sonicguy25

sonicguy25

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

If you couldn't actually buy another controller in stores if it broke, they would probably let you order one online.

#18 Kinvara

Kinvara

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

I've heard different rumors saying that the U will support more than one controller. I don't think Nintendo themselves have decided on it. I hope it costs around $60-$70.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!