• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 Legend

Legend

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

If you do not understand role-playing, familiarize yourself here: http://thewiiu.com/t...lay-guidelines/
Important Class Information: http://thewiiu.com/t...__80#entry80613

Prologue Story:

Dear Student,
You are receiving this letter to be informed that you are not alone.

You have a gift. You may have to us or we may have heard of you, but we know you and can help aid you in the growth of your abilities. Perhaps people do not know of your gift. Maybe it causes you problems. Well, rest assured that there is a place for those like you.

Welland Academy is a beautiful and luxurious boarding school for those with special gifts like you. We will tend to your needs and help you master your abilities while receiving an education. You will learn academics and combat, both to help you on your road through life. There are many dangers that this world can offer and all gifted must stand together for their own safety and the safety of the world.

The professors at Welland Academy are excited for the growth of our school. You are not alone and you can find a new home at Welland.

Headmaster John Pralen

Character Setup:
Name:
Physical Description:
Gifted Ability:
Background (optional)

Other Notes:
Begin by either entering the academy or showing that you've already been there
The ages should range from late middle school age to early college age

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Cy Masters
Physical Description: Short black hair, dark skin, muscular build
Gifted Ability: Photokinesis (Power to control light)
Background (optional): Not much is known about Cy other than the fact that he came from a far away place. He seems to show a happy and friendly disposition no matter what.
---
Cy walked into the courtyard of the academy smiling and looking around. He wore dark, slightly baggy jeans and a tight black t-shirt.

"Wow," Cy stated with a grin. "This place looks even better than the brochures." Cy, with his bags in hand, sat on a nearby bench to enjoy the scenery. Cy had never seen greener grass and there was a beautiful fountain in the center of the courtyard that he couldn't take his eyes off of. The sun was shining bright, and rays of light seemed to radiate especially on Cy. Cy leaned back on the bench. "I think I'm going to like it here."

Edited by Legend, 25 May 2012 - 11:38 AM.

The Legend

#2 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Totally joining.

Name: Lucas Sleith
Physical Description: Tall and slender, has short spiky hair and hazel almost golden eyes. Usually seen in the Welland Academy uniform. Carries a silver pocket watch in his right pocket with a photo inside.
Gifted Ability: Not much is known about Lucas's abilities because he doesn't really show it off. He will only show people he trusts. He can see things that people can't, and has sharp senses. That is all that is currently on file on him.
Background: Lucas was taken in as a boy when he was around 7 to the academy. He was found on the streets, abused by the people he worked for and in bad condition struggling to survive. He is usually friendly to everyone and is understanding. He enjoys talking to the new members, yet doesn't have many friends himself. Although friendly, there is something he is hiding.

---
Lucas stood behind the bench Cy was sitting on. He had heard there was a new member to the school, and came to investigate. He was observing him, but he must have not noticed him.
"Hello there. I've heard that you were new to this school, and came to introduce myself. Welcome to the Academy. My name is Lucas, i've been here for quite awhile at this academy. I'm sure you will like it here," Lucas said walking around to the front of the bench with a small smile on his face. His green-golden eyes gleamed as he offered his hand to shake.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Name: Joseph "Joe" Anderson
Physical Appearance: A brunet with short cut hair, green eyes, tall (about 6 foot). Commonly found in the school uniform, but on more casual days he's often found in a University of Kentucky tee shirt, jeans, and a Belt with a Triforce on the buckle.
Gifted ability: Seer, can see (short and somewhat vague) visions of the future. They can come to him either throughout the day in random visions; or, rarely, through his dreams (where they tend to be a bit clearer). Also shows promise with a blade.

---
Joe had just stepped through the gates to the Academy, a look of awe plastered on his face. "Now I know how Harry Potter feels," he claimed, to no one in particular. He took his bags and took a seat in the courtyard. "I wonder if they can really help me with my "gift."" He then took out his papers, and began to look to see where his room was. "All the way on the other side of the campus. Greaaat. Ah well, I guess I can hang around here for a little while longer, maybe I can meet some people."

Edited by Andy, 13 May 2012 - 08:42 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Name: Rafael Bennett

Physical Description: Tall, Slender, Green eyes, Semi long shaggy hair, fair skin, facial scruff, wears a chain containing a green stone. He dresses in an ironic shirt, sweater, jeans and his worn sneakers.

Gifted Ability: Animal transfiguration.Can only transform into a few animals,though not many have actually seen this power in action.

Background: He is an American born, but his parents are both from different countries. He lived in the City when he was younger but moved to the country side later in his life. He has been going to the academy for the last three years and does not like to flaunt his powers. He is very nice when you get to know him, but comes off as cocky when you first meet him.

---

He walks down the campus corridors grasping a cup of coffee he had just made himself. While admiring what beautiful weather they were having, he sees a collection of students through the window. "That's different", he thinks to himself. With nothing better to do, he decides to approche the group. "Hello Ladies!", he proclaims, while walking past them. "Beautiful day, isn't it?"

Edited by Chinomanila, 13 May 2012 - 10:09 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

Never done role-play's before, but I like this scenario.

Name: Dean Lawson

Physical Description: Tall (about 6"1') with a mesomorph build. Has brown eyes with straight, dark brown hair with lightly tanned skin. Dresses appropriately with a blue-white striped short-sleeve, buttoned up shirt, stonewashed jeans with black and white FILAâ„¢ sneakers.
Does not wear any accessories.

Gifted Ability: Leadership. Being raised on the streets (unwillingly) with underground gangs he was eventually put into a leader position because of his incredible talent. Not many are born with the natural gift Dean possesses. Being around Dean gives his companions a sense of security and the insurance that even going into hell itself with him is possible to survive through.
Whether or not it's a "super-power" or just a superstitious aura that people obtain when they are around him is unknown, even to Dean. This is why he agrees to enter Welland Academy; to find out.

Background: Dean Lawson was born an orphan in the streets of New York, USA. He was raised by the homeless who later abandoned him at the age of 8 for money and food. He fended for himself and eventually made 3 very close friends. At the ages of 15, together, lead by Dean, the boy's survived the harsh life of being homeless in one of the worst areas of New York City.
Eventually they were caught up with gangs who they entered into conflict with. After a year of surviving through violent confrontations with the gang, 1 of Dean's friends lost his life. To end the conflict and to remove the risk of loosing his other 2 friends, he asked if he should join the gang. They accepted. It only took 2 months for the gang to realise his incredible gift of leadership. Dean became one of the leaders of the gang and subtly steered them toward a less violent way of dealing conflicts.
For 2 years Dean went through a life that was in constant danger, but his gift was keeping him alive with his highly effective split-second deductions that get him through situations that people deem impossible. He never let fear cloud his judgement and always strives to find the best solution possible to a problem; never the quickest or the one that resorts to violence.
At the age of 18 he received a message from a man named John Pralen, inviting him to Welland Academy. He told his friends that this was an opportunity he couldn't pass away. They agreed with him and planned a way to escape the gang. The plan was a success and soon Dean found himself in the front of Welland Academy's gates.

---

Dean had a long hard look into the foreign life he was heading to. He met the Headmaster who gave him a brief but informative introduction along with the reason why he was chosen to be put into the academy. He was given the keys to his dormitory where he placed his old, rugged suitcase filled with what little items he had. He tidied himself up with a warm shower and put on the uniform. He decided to go to the courtyard to collect his thoughts. He sat there for minutes, watching everyone and how people act in such an environment (it is all unknown to him). Suddenly a tall and slender male student approached him with a slight smile on his face saying in a friendly tone:
"Hello there. I've heard that you were new to this school, and came to introduce myself. Welcome to the Academy. My name is Lucas, i've been here for quite awhile at this academy. I'm sure you will like it here."
Dean replied with a slight smile along with a brief nod while shaking his hand.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

"Hello there. I've heard that you were new to this school, and came to introduce myself. Welcome to the Academy. My name is Lucas, i've been here for quite awhile at this academy. I'm sure you will like it here."

(You're not supposed to control or create dialog for other people's characters. Don't feel bad, I made the same mistake my first time playing, but lets try to avoid this in the future.)
Posted Image

#7 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

(He didin't make it up, my character actually said it.)

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

(oh...... Well this is awkward..... Sorry Joshua. Guess I'm kinda paranoid about stuff like that since it happened to me. Let's move on.)

Joseph had overheard Lucas greeting his fellow new students. "Hey guys!" He exclaimed. "Glad to see I'm not the only new arrival today. So, what dorms are you guys in? I was placed in Hatfield, all the way on the other side of campus."

Edited by Andy, 13 May 2012 - 08:49 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Legend

Legend

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

((I'm confused here, because I thought that Lucas was approaching Cy, but Dean shook Lucas's hand. Am I sitting next to Dean? Heh, someone else say something, and I'll continue RPing))
The Legend

#10 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Seems interesting...

Name: Vacili Zestav (20 points who knows who this dude is)
Physical Description: A tall man who is well built and has jet black hair. His eyes are like coals straight from a fire. He is still in his youthful age despite his appearance. He likes to wear plain cloths with solid colors.
Personality: Very kind and has a warm and welcoming felling when people are around him. He doesn't like to yell allot. However don't get this dude mad or he really will just blow up at you and try his best to destroy you.
Gifted Powers: He long has been able to control fire. He has little control over it however because they are controlled by his emotions. The stronger the feeling the stronger the flame.

Background: Vacili was a boy born in Russia. He was not a very rich child and was just making it by. One day he was very mad at his parents because they were fighting over his little sister. They wanted to send her to an orphanage because the family didn't have the money to support another growing kid. He got extremely angry. So not knowing what he was doing he burnt the house down and everyone in it. Then as he was sobbing on the streets one day begging for spare cash a man dropped a paper into his lap and said "Here this should be what you need". It was an application to go to a school.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vacili arrived at the school campus and found a group forming. "Hello I come from the motherland! Can anyone help me? I am new here and I am already lost. I was told to go to dorm number 368 can anyone give me directions?"

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#11 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

"Hmmm.. Looks like Dorm 368 is in the Hatfield building," Joseph answered. "I'm in 370. Looks like were going to be living close to each other."
Posted Image

#12 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Seeing two new comers, Rafael walks over to greet them. "Hi, my name is Rafael, would you like me to give you guy's a tour of the Campus?"
Posted Image

#13 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

"That would be great! Please do."

Posted Image

#14 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Rafael with a chuckle hands a map to the new students. " Alright first you are going to need this,what place would you guy's like to check out first? Oh, I almost forgot whats you names?"
Posted Image

#15 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

"Well my name is Vacili Zestav. I would like to know where I could find my dorm room because as you may see I have allot of luggage."

Posted Image

#16 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

"Sure thing, let me take some of these bags for you. Lets get over to Hatfield and I can show you to your room."
Posted Image

#17 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

"Thanks" As Vacili walks through campus he notices how infinitely vast it is. Everything is green with flowers everywhere. As they make it to the dorm it was pretty small. However it didnt disappoint him because he was used to living in small quarters. The room had one bed and four walls but that was it. He quickly put down his bags and started to unpack.

Posted Image

#18 Legend

Legend

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Cy stays lounged on the bench as he looks around at all the people.

"Ha, we're just going to be a punch of crazy personalities, huh?" Cy says to himself aloud.

Edited by Legend, 13 May 2012 - 11:43 AM.

The Legend

#19 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

"Alright Vacili I will let you get familiar to your dorm, see ya later." While walking down the halls Rafael says to himself "Seems like a cool guy, I wonder what his gift is?"
Posted Image

#20 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Joe, since he already had a map of the campus, decided to stay back with Cy, Lucas and Dean. "So, what powers do you guys posses, if you don't mind my asking?"

Edited by Andy, 13 May 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!