• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry

Jerry

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

"Popular online retailer Amazon is currently listing Wii U games at $49.99. That’s roughly ten dollars cheaper than rival games on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which generally appear to retail for $59.99. It would be extremely interesting if Nintendo decided to price Wii U games ten dollars cheaper than the same games on rival formats. I’m sure more will be revealed at E3 next month."

http://mynintendonew...ames-for-49-99/

Here's Amazon's listing for Tekken Wii U - http://www.amazon.co...pd_sim_sbs_vg_2

Let's see if this turns out to be true.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

It is probably a place holder
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

i think third party devs have to give some money to nintendo for each game sale, im not certain this is true but i think so. if this is the case, nintendo might have significantly lowered this fee so that even third parties can make their games cheaper. that might be one of the reasons they love the console so much
Posted Image

#4 Kuta∞sthA

Kuta∞sthA

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

While I wouldn't personally shun any games for being 10 dollars cheaper than the same ones on competitors' consoles, I think a cheaper version of the same game can have a negative impact on how the general gaming population views Nintendo's version of those games. Many people will see that the Nintendo version is ten dollars less and assume it means that the game is somehow not as good. Of course, smart people like us will know better. Also, I guess that is where advertising would come into play. If people see the Nintendo version of the game being advertised and see how it offers a new play experience, then the price difference might just be the icing on the cake.

#5 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I may be wrong. but didn't Satoru Iwata say Wii U games were going to be a higher price then Wii games?
Posted Image

#6 Jerry

Jerry

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I may be wrong. but didn't Satoru Iwata say Wii U games were going to be a higher price then Wii games?

Kinda-

http://kotaku.com/58...-u-game-pricing

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

I don't believe this for a second.
Amazon probably needed a price for the listing, and just picked the current price of new Wii games.

But if this is true, that would be awesome! :P

#8 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

This is pretty good news; games are getting way to expensive.
Posted Image

#9 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

I think this would be a good move for the big N
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

It should be more that is way to small of a price considering the disc capability.

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

I don't think it's true. But it be awesome!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

This is pretty good news; games are getting way to expensive.

Creating games is getting way to expensive.

im gonna go ahead and say this is false it just seems highly unlikely with the higher production cost of next gen games.

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

At the same time you noticed dozen of articles and complaints from people who stopped buying games anymore, because 60$ is to much.. and 60 euro is 15% higher than 60, but they always balance it like that.. So nobody buys, it is their call. It is not NEO GEO age with 150 or 250$ per game.. lol.. materials are so cheap, production is massive and automatic.. they cant ask more, also economic crisis..

Anyway if wii U is more than that, it will be really rare to pick a release title, instead of wait up to 4-5-6-7-8 months and get it as a classic.. lol only the super duper titles, and they are not many for all short of likes.. I also believe wii U game prices, will determine the wii U sales on release!.. Also PC is a strong competitor in this section, always cheaper and better.

Edited by Orion, 16 May 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#14 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

At the same time you noticed dozen of articles and complaints from people who stopped buying games anymore, because 60$ is to much.. and 60 euro is 15% higher than 60, but they always balance it like that..

i seem to recall call of duty and grand theft auto selling at $60 with no problem, i have rarely seen people complain about dropping $60 on a game

#15 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Creating games is getting way to expensive.

im gonna go ahead and say this is false it just seems highly unlikely with the higher production cost of next gen games.

Yes, and in turn buying them is getting too expensive; it's all because of the obsession with better and better graphics.
Posted Image

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yes, and in turn buying them is getting too expensive; it's all because of the obsession with better and better graphics.

Thats the thing though the price of games have only went up by $10 in the last 10 years.

Its like i always say people want a better product but expect the same price of the last experience its utterly ridiculous logic.

#17 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Thats the thing though the price of games have only went up by $10 in the last 10 years.

Its like i always say people want a better product but expect the same price of the last experience its utterly ridiculous logic.

I don't see why you're trying to argue about my opinion. I believe $60 is a lot for console games and $40+ is too much for handheld games. Also, I never said I expected better products for lower prices nor did I hint at it. Better graphics doesn't equal better products in my eyes.
Posted Image

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

I don't see why you're trying to argue about my opinion. I believe $60 is a lot for console games and $40+ is too much for handheld games. Also, I never said I expected better products for lower prices nor did I hint at it. Better graphics doesn't equal better products in my eyes.

im not trying to argue about your opinion, i was merely stating my opinion about yours.

#19 jackedward17

jackedward17

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarFox, DK, Mario, Zelda

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Its actually the value of the american dollar that is changing. Thats why the pricing seems to appear higher.

#20 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

im not trying to argue about your opinion, i was merely stating my opinion about yours.

You misinterpreted my opinion (This is mostly about my pride).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!