• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Since there is barley any direct screencaptures of the tech demos nintendo released( strange i know), i have decided to post my collection of the best cropped pictures i compiled.
*Things to take into consideration*
-Pictures have been cropped from youtube e3 videos as it was the only source.
-Offscreen shots meaning reduced: color depth,clarity,resolution.
-Multiply what you see by at least 2x since most of the pictures look compressed.

Here is a comparison of offscreen vs e3 footage capture so you can begin to imagine!
Posted Image
vs
Posted Image

Anyways here are the pictures
Posted ImagePosted Image

and now the offscreens
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SOOOOOOO... is anyone excited for e3 to see a massive visual upgrade of the v1 dev kits vs the final mass produced devkits?

Edited by The Ferryman, 17 May 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#2 KennGalaxy

KennGalaxy

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm definitely excited to see the improvements from the first dev kit. I just wonder how significant the difference is. The Zelda demo and that bird demo both looked good to me already so I'll probably be impressed either way :D

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

Will this be in-game graphics?

If yes, do you think current gen consoles can produce this?
No sig.

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

Off-screen or on-screen, they both look beautiful.
What is more exciting is that we know this is only a devkit, and that the final version would look (hopefully) phenomenal.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

OMG, I am pumped to see what they have to offer at E3
Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#6 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

Well there was not a rumor I can't remember who said it. Now nintendo isn't one of those look at us and our great graphics that no other machine can do. But someone from nintendo said the fevelopers that put the Zelda HD experience together confirmed it couldn't be done on another console. Now weather that's because it was 1080P,60fPS, or just the lighting and effect I'm not sure.that was the first dev kit plus only took a couple weeks to gwt it up and running. So we shall see...E3 is a must watch for nintendo fans new and old.

#7 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

Will this be in-game graphics?

If yes, do you think current gen consoles can produce this?

Hello keviin, yes this is 100% realtime the whole bird demo was both running from the console and the controller, watch this video .
I do not think current gen consoles can produce anything close to this, i would have to guess being that current gen consoles only support directx9? (maybe im wrong) but i do know that some of the effects in the garden tech gave off a directx10 vibe. Just my guess but the dof,shadows,water reflections,and when the hawk walks on the snow near the end of the video, it looks miles ahead of what uncharted 2's snow was. Watch the video to see!

Edited by The Ferryman, 18 May 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

Hello keviin, yes this is 100% realtime the whole bird demo was both running from the console and the controller, watch this video .
I do not think current gen consoles can produce anything close to this, i would have to guess being that current gen consoles only support directx9? (maybe im wrong) but i do know that some of the effects in the garden tech gave off a directx10 vibe. Just my guess but the dof,shadows,water reflections,and when the hawk walks on the snow near the end of the video, it looks miles ahead of what uncharted 2's snow was. Watch the video to see!

The Zelda HD Experience
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And here is a little comparison i decided to make
Posted ImagePosted Image

That demo is about the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, I was so impressed last year and I still am. I instantly believed it when someone said it couldn't be done on PS360. And this is still old devkit..

It's quite a honor. My favourite franchise showing off nextgen graphics as the first ever.
No sig.

#9 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

Every year I am excited for Nintendo's, they are the ones to always watch since they have the more interesting content. Sony and Microsoft have good content and games but Nintendo are the most controversial, either they hit the ball put of the park or just tank like 2008.

Reggie did say that this was heart early dev equipment, the Zelda and garden demo are one of the first experiences created

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 18 May 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#10 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Now i haven't been keeping up with current wii u tech info but this video is very informative about the power of the wii u. Basically says that the entry level power 7 processor obliterates the cell, much less the xenon. Idk if it is reliable but i enjoyed it a lot.

Edited by The Ferryman, 18 May 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#11 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Well there was not a rumor I can't remember who said it. Now nintendo isn't one of those look at us and our great graphics that no other machine can do. But someone from nintendo said the fevelopers that put the Zelda HD experience together confirmed it couldn't be done on another console. Now weather that's because it was 1080P,60fPS, or just the lighting and effect I'm not sure.that was the first dev kit plus only took a couple weeks to gwt it up and running. So we shall see...E3 is a must watch for nintendo fans new and old.

Iwata said that : http://wiiublog.com/...other-consoles/
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#12 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

One thing I would like to add is the off screen bird demo was different then the E3 presentation demo.Notice there is a rock by the tree in one picture and then it is gone in the other.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Chinomanila, 18 May 2012 - 08:02 AM.

Posted Image

#13 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

yes, strange why the conference garden presentation was inferior. Only cause would be they totally forgot to update the garden tech with the version that was shown at the kisosk.

#14 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

The Zelda HD Experience
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And here is a little comparison i decided to make
Posted ImagePosted Image

You would be surprised. Go on YouTube or n4g and there are hordes of ps3 fans that claim those graphics could be achieved on there system when it's evident that's not close to the truth. Like i said before sony has created a generation of graphic whore zombies that believe only the best can be achieved on ps3 and the cell.

#15 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

You would be surprised. Go on YouTube or n4g and there are hordes of ps3 fans that claim those graphics could be achieved on there system when it's evident that's not close to the truth. Like i said before sony has created a generation of graphic whore zombies that believe only the best can be achieved on ps3 and the cell.

Ahem, they are not fans, they are fanboys. Fanboys don't deserve to own anything because their minds are clouded, they don't have an open approach to most technology. That applies to all fanboys.

Fanboys really ruin the gaming community and most forums. I enjoy being on Nintendo forums but it gets to a point of when instead of appreciating Nintendo it turns into a slag off contest against other consoles and other people's constructive opinions (an opinion is still an opinion despite how wrong they've been before ala pachter. It gives a great insight to people's thoughts outside your inner circle. (On pervious nintendo forums I tried defending the PSP since it was a good console, it had great games and came at an attractive price but they would still slag it off because it never sold as many as the DS, so I just stopped going to forums because most of it would just be fanboy biased))

#16 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

I like seeing the bird demo pictures. They kind of have a greater appearance of realism than the video does. I can't wait to see what other beautiful creations will be present this E3. I can just imagine how amazing Pikmen 3 will look.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#17 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

I still questioin weather the japanese garden demo is suppose to reflect what the graphics of Wii U would look like in game. Because seriously if Wii U in game graphics can pull that off.....

#18 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

I still questioin weather the japanese garden demo is suppose to reflect what the graphics of Wii U would look like in game. Because seriously if Wii U in game graphics can pull that off.....

Why question it? It was in real time and interactive, it shows that the Wii GPU can do affects that the current gen can't because of the new tech(something that journalists can't seem to understand), plus the demo was interactive and running on the hardware on two screens with different points of view on each screen. So of course it's representative of what the Wii U can do.

#19 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Why question it? It was in real time and interactive, it shows that the Wii GPU can do affects that the current gen can't because of the new tech(something that journalists can't seem to understand), plus the demo was interactive and running on the hardware on two screens with different points of view on each screen. So of course it's representative of what the Wii U can do.

not to mention that it was only dev v1. im actually waiting to be amazed by how far the hardware has come along since then.

#20 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Posted Image

Sony is evil... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!