#1 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

- Some folk at Retro Studios wanted to develop a new ip that involved 3rd person sci-fi action with intense aerial combat.
- Others apparently were leaning towards taking the Star Fox helm.

- Nintendo sees Retro Studios as a very competent developer and worked with them in creating the hybrid title of Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga.

- The title has multiple gameplay mechanics and needed a wide staff of talent to incorporate the many ideas.

- The story begins as you control Fox McCloud and the Star Fox team on deep space mission in your Arwing, flying through a Meteos-like stage. As you enter a light speed warp, there’s a collision with an
orange ship (Samus’) and the game continues with you now plummeting to a planet as Samus in her craft. You’re in mild control of her ship, using the Wii U controller to look around and touch screen press
the lit up buttons to prepare for impact (while the TV stays locked on what you see out of the cockpit). You’re now on land, as a “yet again” stripped down Samus Aran with the most basic of weapon abilities, in first person perspective, traversing through this unknown planet.

- The game switches off between intense Arwing space and planetary battles as Fox makes his way to the planet that Samus crashed on and a Metroid Prime-like experience of gameplay as Samus on this planet, gradually uncovering its mysteries, leveling up, etc.

- The Star Fox stages represent what the series is best known for, including the chatter and coming to the aid of the rest of your team, all range mode battles, and on rails stages.

- The Metroid part of the game puts you alone, void of human or any talking character contact, and like the Prime series, sees you gaining upgrades, battling bosses, and in this case, repairing your ship.

- The game is said to be epic in size, scope, ambition.

- The pacing has been perfected to not interrupt what the feeling is behind either franchise, since Star Fox is more often known for being acceptable to have short sessions with and Metroid rather the opposite. You can opt to continue playing either just Samus’ part or Fox’s part without crossing over for much of the main game (or play it as it’s scripted back and forth), but will eventually have to complete both, as the characters will ultimately meet up.

- There will be later parts in the game where you do get to control Samus’ ship and fly it Star Fox style.

- Likewise, Fox McCloud will be controllable by foot (both the above and this bullet point represent a period in the game after the two sides meet up) and be played via 3rd person perspective. Think of Jet Force Gemini with Fox’s known agility as he’s portrayed to having in the Smash Bros. series. (Fox will move more like Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and less like he did in Star Fox Adventures).

- Though a tentative title, the idea behind the story of “Fusion Saga” is both a play on the fact that the two series are fusing together into one game and of course, a storyline behind Andross using Metroids to enhance himself, his army, etc.

- Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga is wholly a satisfying adventure game as Samus, an equally electrifying aerial combat game as Fox, and something that delivers an exciting, special change that fans will love.

- In consideration was the Star Fox portion having 4 player co-op online, but instead the game will have leaderboards for time and percent complete for all parts of the game and multiplayer will be simply versus mode based.

http://paulgalenetwo...id-fusion-saga/

As always, take this with a grain of salt. We'll know in a couple of weeks whether this is true or not.

Paul Gale from Paul Gale Network who broke the news is the same guy that reported a new TMNT a while back, and also the new Sony fighter. The latter turned out to be true.

So, if this rumor turns out to be true, what are your thoughts on it?

Edited by Wix, 19 May 2012 - 05:25 AM.

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#2 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#3 Fatso

Fatso

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

This sounds fantastic, if they can give us the best of both worls, fast paced starfox action and classic metroid gameplay everyone will be happy.

#4 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

It sounds utterly ridiculous... BUT at the same time, immensely awesome. I'm confident that Retro can make this work if it's really what they're doing, but we'll wait and see. It is just a rumour after all.

Posted Image

#5 DigitalGreenTea

DigitalGreenTea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

This sounds fantastic to me!!

I guess they were like: "F*** it, they want Metroid, they want Star Fox, well they can have it TOGETHER!!!!" MUUUHAHAHAHAHA! (Bad joke, I know. :( )

Posted Image

DGT - The Nintendo Enthusiast

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

Sounds very intresting.

#7 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

Was going to post this topic yesterday but it's the craziest rumor yet so I didn't. But if it is true, this would be an incredibly massive game.
http://paulgalenetwo...id-fusion-saga/

#8 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

This could work if the story is awesome. If its just here's a metriod game, and here's a star fox game, both suffering because they are half a game, it could leave us dreaming what might have been if they had been seperate games. But who am I kidding? I'd buy it.

For the record, this sounds strangely too good- and bad- to be true, if that makes sense.

Edited by Fig, 19 May 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#9 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

AAWW YEAAH *Head explodes*

1367065580450s.jpg

#10 ArnarFB

ArnarFB

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, F-Zero

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

I'm not too sure how this can work, two rather different franchises from A to Z. Only thing in common is space, guns and spaceships I think. But space is vast enough for all kinds of creatures to exist so why not haha

#11 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

I will take this with a grain of salt, but could be interesting if true.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#12 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

The idea sounds confusing but very cool. Can't wait to see it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#13 Holloweaver

Holloweaver

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Buck Bumble - and many more... ;)

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

no thanks, i'll pass... !

#14 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

Tekken/Street Fighter. Metroid/Star Fox. Plausible. Online would be insane literally. Who to choose who to choose. If true it could be a HALO killer.

#15 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

This sounds.... AMAZING!!! Even though it's a long shot, I really hope this rumor is true. I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

this sounds amazing, one of the only recent rumors that i actually care about, really hope its at E3

#17 KennGalaxy

KennGalaxy

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

I actually played with this kind of idea before, talking to my brother lol I think it can be an excellent game if done right.

#18 Hoodbury

Hoodbury

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

I was personally hoping they'd have a game that would compete more with the big Online multiplayer games that are out there.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Well, I'm a pretty big Metroid fan, and honestly:

This sucks.

Yes, I haven't seen a single screenshot or whatever yet, but I (usually always) despise fusion/crossover games. Yes, they both have a futuristic setting and are both awesome, but seriously. Fox and Samus meeting up? What's in their effing minds?

Having a Starfox title by Retro would be awesome. Having a Metroid title would be, as we already know, PURE AWESOME. But this... Seriously, I don't think I will buy it before it's available for a discount.

The sad thing is that this might be true, because a Retro Starfox has been implied for a long, long time.

In the name of God... If this turns out true, it better be IMMENSELY awesome. But it won't be. Screw fusions.
No sig.

#20 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

*drools*

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!