Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

I'm afraid I'm with Ninja and Keviin on this one. I just can't see these two games mixing and it turning out well.
Posted Image

#22 MetaMS

MetaMS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

I choose to remain cautiously optomistic. Looks like it could be amazing though

#23 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

This sounds simply awful. Why would anyone want this? I’d rather have a Metroid and a Star Fox game, not a Metroid and Star fox game.

#24 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

Nope :)

#25 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

This sound crazy ridiculously awesome, if done right. Also the Starfox world is very different from Metriods, unless they made Starfox a bit darker of a game.

Edited by Chinomanila, 19 May 2012 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

#26 BeyondSmash

BeyondSmash

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

Think how good the music could be in this game.

#27 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Remember people that Nintendo is most likely helping retro which means that they will make sure they're not going in the wrong direction. Have faith in them

Posted Image

#28 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Definitely the weirdest rumor ever. O_o
Well. I'll be optimistic and hope it turns out well. I was hoping for a Star Fox but... This might be interesting.
Posted Image

#29 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Mixed feelings toward this one.

#30 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

I find it weird how many people are not willing to give this game a chance. We hardly know what the game will be like. We'll just have to wait until E3 to see if the game is worth buying or not, if it even exists.

The wait for E3 is becoming increasingly difficult.

#31 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Sorry OP but hiphopgamer is the one who broke the story on sony smashbrother clone like november last year. This guy paul gale just piggy backed and got credit for it. Now on to the game. Even though the concept sounds different if there is any development team that could pulls this off it's Retro studios. IMO they are in the top 5 developers in the world right now.

#32 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I find it weird how many people are not willing to give this game a chance. We hardly know what the game will be like. We'll just have to wait until E3 to see if the game is worth buying or not, if it even exists.

The wait for E3 is becoming increasingly difficult.

I never said I won't give it a chance, but it just seems weird to me. I never liked crossovers. It seems forced and usually too commercial, but Starfox and Metroid aren't Nintendo's most profit-gaining franchises so luckily that's ruled out. I just have them rather making a SEPERATE Starfox game and a Metroid game. Samus and Fox teaming up, really? That's so cliché.

I'm afraid I'm with Ninja and Keviin on this one. I just can't see these two games mixing and it turning out well.

Well, the only thing they have in common is a futuristic setting in space, but other than that..

I was expecting something better from Retro, but off course I realise it's just a rumor and I haven't seen anything of it yet so I won't judge already. Holding my breath for E3, one thing is for sure, it's gonna be an interesting year.
No sig.

#33 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Sorry OP but hiphopgamer is the one who broke the story on sony smashbrother clone like november last year. This guy paul gale just piggy backed and got credit for it. Now on to the game. Even though the concept sounds different if there is any development team that could pulls this off it's Retro studios. IMO they are in the top 5 developers in the world right now.

off topic but who are the other 4?

#34 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

By the way, I would like to know the credibility of this source.
No sig.

#35 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

So... Retro now knows how to read minds...
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#36 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

I would say rockstar,and valve are the only ones other than Retro I would put in. A lot of other talented developes but in my opinion no innovation. There are a lot of developers that rely on specs and action sequences. As far as the rumored game goes. All I want out of Retros new game is when it launched is to be the most graphically intense game out for any CONSOLE. I want them to make the last of us look dated.

#37 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

^Agreed on the last point. People need to see that Wii U is truly next gen
No sig.

#38 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

They really do and the only way is to blow away this gen. So when nintendo shows this retro games the scale, scope, polygon counts, art direction everything needs to be above what the best of what PS3 will show at E3. Like I said before. Sony will show off the last of us, the last guardian, and the new God of war which all will be VERY good looking games. If wii U is just a little better than those. Gamers will laugh and say no way I'm buying one when it can barely outdo the PS3.

Edited by TRON, 19 May 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#39 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Oh god no. DO NOT merge 2 games together like this. That could kill off both games. Metroid should always be just that...Metroid. And StarFox should remain Starfox. I am calling this BS though. Retro Studios would never make a mistake like this. I still say their Mystery game is StarFox.

Rocksteady and Nintendo themselfs are the other great devs.

I would say rockstar,and valve are the only ones other than Retro I would put in. A lot of other talented developes but in my opinion no innovation. There are a lot of developers that rely on specs and action sequences. As far as the rumored game goes. All I want out of Retros new game is when it launched is to be the most graphically intense game out for any CONSOLE. I want them to make the last of us look dated.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#40 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Oh god no. DO NOT merge 2 games together like this. That could kill off both games. Metroid should always be just that...Metroid. And StarFox should remain Starfox. I am calling this BS though. Retro Studios would never make a mistake like this. I still say their Mystery game is StarFox.

Rocksteady and Nintendo themselfs are the other great devs.

i agree with you and tron except for rocksteady imo they haven't done enough to prove themselves, sure they made an amazing game but i want to see an original ip from them before i call them top 5. till then gearbox is my fifth for that list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!