• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

I was doing some research on Google and Nintendo and apparently they both own rights to ES which is an operating system. ES was developed by Nintendo and makes perfect since for the Wii U. I'm not a tech guy so someone please help me understand it better. But apparently the google employee that leaked the android info knows what they 're talking about.

http://code.google.c...erating-system/

#2 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

That's interesting, it must be something pertaining the Wii U or 3DS. Most likely the Wii U being that they just added V8 Javascript in April 2 2012. Good find man.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

Kudos! This is a nice find. We dot have much longer guys to ALL will be revealed.

#4 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

ES is old news. Google may be helping Nintendo with the development of the OS, but it will not be android based.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#5 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

I was doing some research on Google and Nintendo and apparently they both own rights to ES which is an operating system. ES was developed by Nintendo and makes perfect since for the Wii U. I'm not a tech guy so someone please help me understand it better. But apparently the google employee that leaked the android info knows what they 're talking about.

http://code.google.c...erating-system/

It's not Android, please change the title.

This has been floating around they internet for some time, even in the forums but we know so little as to what is going to happen and I sort of doubt the OS will be shown at E3, it might but I believe its highly unlikely

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Discussed and debunked here.
http://thewiiu.com/t...__20#entry76984

This is how software licensing works.

ES isn't linux(android) as Usman said.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

It is NOT going to be Android-based. So many vulnerabilities that would be present, it's not even funny. If Nintendo doesn't want their console to get hacked a week after it comes out, they just can't have it be Android-based.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

^Good point. No matter how much I love Android, I don't want them using it. Do something original.
No sig.

#9 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

I'd like them to use sell their souls so they can use iOS. Then we can have the Apple U.
Posted Image

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

It. Makes no sense to have an OS for the controller when it's controlled by the Wii U? It's a screen it doesn't have a CPU.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#11 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

not entirely CPU-less but definitely sad on its own by the looks of it, I would not expect android but something in the back of my head says Nintendo might let you put android apps onto the tablet, and at least that part seems plausable
:laugh:

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

@morbid

i dont think anyone was implying that the os was being built specifically for the controller

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

@echo The original rumor being discussed was that Nintendo is putting Android on the controller, if I am not mistaken.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#14 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

The Info shows that Nintendo and Google have a patent together on ES operating system which means they have come together before OS systems. The partnership that............You know what forget it. E3 IS A FEW DAYS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

well then in that case i agree as that is highly unlikely i don't really see them building an os for the system and the controller it just seems like a waste.

then again you never know they are Nintendo after all,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!