Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

At least these types of threads help pass time till E3.
I mean, we are discussing a slight (VERY minor) change in color for the Wii U logo.

Haha!

At least this is confirmed! :P

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

I like the new one better.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#23 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Eh all it is is just darker. But still cool.

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

We are discussing a very small change in the brightness of a color. We are really desperate...

So where are the real cool leaks/rumors/infos?
No sig.

#25 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

Aww, come on. I designed Wii U Go's theme with the original teal colour. This small change suddenly made my site's entire design obsolete. :(

#26 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Aww, come on. I designed Wii U Go's theme with the original teal colour. This small change suddenly made my site's entire design obsolete. :(

You can always change it again?, actully I would wait till E3 just in case lol.

#27 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

You can always change it again?, actully I would wait till E3 just in case lol.

True... I'll just have to find an hour or two to do it. :P

#28 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

True... I'll just have to find an hour or two to do it. :P

Lol yeah.

Edited by Meelow100, 26 May 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#29 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

I made my own version of the wii u logo. Not much of a difference to keep nintendo's style. But it still reminds the hard core of the power that's inside. pokemon gotta catch em all...

My version
Posted Image

The current one:
Posted Image

Edited by Hinkik, 26 May 2012 - 10:59 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Get with the times, using such an out-dated colour!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

agreed

the black ones should have a more hardcore look of the logo too , a different font maybe

Absolutely not. You don't want to confuse the consumer too much; enough people are confused by the "U" already.

#32 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

If it wasn't pointed out i wouldn't even have noticed the change lol

#33 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

I'm digging the darker blue. I hope they make their game cases this shade of blue to separate it from the Wii game cases. Plus blue is a sexy color.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#34 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

I'm digging the darker blue. I hope they make their game cases this shade of blue to separate it from the Wii game cases. Plus blue is a sexy color.

Blue is my Uncle's favorite color.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#35 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

Blue is my Uncle's favorite color.

Random lol.

My hope was Nintendo would go back to their red logo and make the Wii U look white, grey and red. Have the "Wii" as grey and the "U" as red and the console white with red trimmings, a red tray light and home button light, and some grey lines as well.

Something like these 10 minute shops I did with Gimp (the poor man's Photoshop)

Posted Image
Posted Image

I mean like, the 3DS is already branded as black and red, and Nintendo does use the red Nintendo logo on game cases and the back of game cases. Why not share the themes as they are similiar products? PS3 and Vita are now blue themed. Apple's iProducts are all similarly colored in white or black. Microsoft brands all there stuff in green. Nintendo needs to use Red like in the good old days. Red cases for 3DS games and red Wii U game cases.

Red 3DS cases in Japan:Posted Image

Mock Wii U case with Red theme: Posted Image
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#36 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

I made my own version of the wii u logo. Not much of a difference to keep nintendo's style. But it still reminds the hard core of the power that's inside. pokemon gotta catch em all...

My version
Posted Image

The current one:
Posted Image

M upside down that looks weird I want to see a logo similar but the Wii is in black and a different font.

#37 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Huh. I guess the slight change actually DOES change perceptions. I guess it does sorta change from a "girly" teal color to a more neutral blue. I do agree that I miss the red branding though. Even if I do associate purple systems with Nintendo...
Posted Image

#38 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

My version:

Posted Image

#39 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

Huh. I guess the slight change actually DOES change perceptions. I guess it does sorta change from a "girly" teal color to a more neutral blue. I do agree that I miss the red branding though. Even if I do associate purple systems with Nintendo...

Red FTW!
Posted Image

#40 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

I certainly hope not. Blue is the last colour they should use. I much rather have clear cases like PS3 ones. I don't particularly like the blue cases of the Vita games. That said clear blue ones like the ones used for bluerays would be OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!