#1 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

With the launch of a new console, there's always a flood of games, accessories, hardware, controllers, and just general stuff put out to cash in on day-one buyers. Given that a large percentage of the members of this forum will be buying a Wii U on day one (including myself), I thought this would be a fun thread.

Feel free to copy my format below:

Hardware
  • 1 Wii U (in black, if available)
Software
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (if available); if not available Ghost Recon Online
  • Pikmin 3 (if available)
  • Wii U Play (probably going to be a pack-in title, but whatever)
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Whatever crazy-good launch titles Nintendo puts out
  • Whatever crazy-good launch titles third parties put out
  • Killer Freaks From Outer Space
Accessories
  • If there's a new Classic Controller they put out, I might pick that up
  • A headset (if the U isn't compatible with my current headset)
Other Stuff
  • A $20 eShop gift card
  • Energy drinks and lots of sweets to keep me awake

#2 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

I really don't think that people can answer this question until we know of everything that is going to be available on launch day.

Edited by Rainbow Dash, 26 May 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

I really don't think that people can answer this question until we know of everything that is going to be available on launch day.

I agree to this. This thread will be fun to post on AFTER E3.

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

In no offense to the author of this thread at all (I like the idea of the thread) this thread should be locked for now, and unlocked after E3.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

not much we know right now, but of what we do know, darksiders 2, Rayman Legends, and Bit.Trip.Runner 2. then a first party game, as well as a few other downloadable titles.

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

In no offense to the author of this thread at all (I like the idea of the thread) this thread should be locked for now, and unlocked after E3.

Exactly.

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Assassins creed looks (at this point) like the only must buy. I want to see what the finished product of killer freaks looks like but to my knowledge its not a launch title. So E3 will determine what else I get. I'm only getting 2 launch games.

#8 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Wii U in Black if possible.
Pikmin 3
NSMBMii
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#9 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

ghost recon online seems cool for the actual gameplay but what they actually add in will tell, I like it for being a game where they say **** campaign, lets dump everything into a good multiplayer shoot your friends and watch as they sacrifice tactics for unfruitful revenge, but then again, I love playing on the losing team!
as for every other game... Who knows, e3 will show enough for me to add more to the list

edit: nvm, it does have, it also does not look as good, hmmmm now I don't have anything I want to buy
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by uh20, 26 May 2012 - 06:56 PM.

:laugh:

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

I would get a black console, no doubt.

#11 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

I most likely won't buy the wii u on launch date, but i will buy it close to the launch... maybe on december(if it launches in nov)
Wii U Console(In black)
Pikmin 3

Yes only pikmin. There are other games i want, but i will start with pikmin when i finish it ill buy another

Edited by PipoPito, 26 May 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

idk honestly im waiting until after e3 to have my official things to buy with my purchase of the wii u. One of the mods should sticky this so everybody can post their decisions after e3 hits.

#13 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

The only console I ever bought at launch was the Gamecube and certainly have no regrets about that one. Generally I wait for a good offer but like the wii I've a feeling the wii U will be in short supply and there will be little need for retailers to discount. I think prices before Christmas will be poor i.e. high but as we move into the new year some offers will be available especially in February and March. No doubt in November I shall turn green with envy watching other people buy and start salivating when I get to try one. I really hate paying full price for anything though.

I already own a lot of ps3 and 360 games that I haven't even started to play yet. I really need to catch up on my gaming. I tend to only play the single player scripted experience for most games. I've got about 5 3DS titles I haven't started as well. Too many games and not a enough time to play them.

I never assume games are going to be good but I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to first person shooter games and anything that Nintendo does with Mario or Zelda in the title is likely to be purchased.

I'd love to see a new Pilotwings game for wii U. I was enjoyed but was still disappointed with Pilotwings Resort on 3DS it was very limited but would love to see a full on cartoon flight game perhaps using Windwaker cell shaded type graphics with a lot of famous Nintendo characters in like Mario, Luigi etc. Online dogfighting with completely mad cartoon planes and lots of areas to fly over and explore etc. Anything like that as a surprise Day 1 launch title will mean I will raise the money and fight my way to the front of the queue.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

I agree it's way too early to have a thread like this. I'll certainly be buying the console on launch day but I doubt I'll get any accessories unless there is something that is really needed and/or is practical. As for games it all depends what's available at launch and how much the games cost.

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

I'll just keep this here and edit it once E3 has rolled past.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#16 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

i think this post is one week too early :P
Posted Image

#17 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Right now I'm not planning to go crazy with software at launch, and I also want to see if they launch it with a game. But I have just about $1,000 credit to gamestop I've been amassing waiting for this launch (actually whichever next gen launch was going to be first, looks like it's the Wii U!)

So that said I'll be getting the console, probably a warranty if Gamestop offers one, and most likely 2 games - hoping one is a good first-party title, and then maybe a FPS that'd utilize the tablet controller in a cool new way.

But it'll obviously depend on the launch lineup. I'm not going to buy 3rd party, multi-platform games on the Wii U unless they really sell us on how it'll be BETTER with the Wii U controller...or if there's a significant graphics upgrade on the Wii U, which I can't really see right now because I imagine the Wii U will just be getting the ports and they'll be designed for the PS360...just my gut feeling right now at least for the next year.

#18 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

1st of all you dont need a headset. Controller has a built in mic and can do video calls and such.

I will get a Capture Card but like a month ish before Wii U.

Wii U System

Darksidders 2
Miyamotos New Game
Retros Mystery Game
Super Mario Bros 4.

4 games should be good for a launch lol. I wanted Killer Freaks but its a Launch Window so I will get that to.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#19 Fully87

Fully87

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Half-Life

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Batman Arkham City and one of the first party titles hopefully Pikmin 3, Missed out on Arkham City due to the amont of great games last year on 360 Dark Souls,Skyrim etc. So will be tempted to buy the Wii U version as it will probaly have better graphics and all the download content.

Didnt own a Wii this gen so will probaly pick up games like Xenoblade and Super mario galaxy 2 also.

#20 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Besides the console itself, and maybe an extra Wii U controller (depending on whether or not 2 can be used simultaneously), not much else. One game for sure, but which one will depend on what I like the most at E3 this year.

I'd like to be able to purchase a first party title, like Mario. I don't know for sure that there will be a Mario launch title, though. Hopefully E3 will clarify this.

If there aren't any good Mario games at launch then I'll be forced to buy something 3rd party, but I don't know if there are any 3rd party launch titles I can get excited about yet. I haven't seen any good ones on the confirmed launch title list so far. Again, have to wait and see what really grabs my attention at E3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!