Photo

"The Wii U Controller Needs Analog Sticks and Triggers"

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: "The Wii U Controller Needs Analog Sticks and Triggers" (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Does the lack of proper analogue sticks and triggers bother you?

1. Yes, it should have it. (15 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

2. No, but it would be nice to have. (14 votes [32.56%])

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

3. No, don't care. (14 votes [32.56%])

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Splatterhouse, Sonic

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:41 AM

The circle pad on the console is a lot different from the circle pad on the handheld, and people who have used the controller have stated that it more resembles the analog on your nunchuck than your 3DS.

One thing I stated on the old forum was that I believe people need to stop asking for 360 triggers and PS2 analog because it can't happen. Each company trademarks their controller's inner build and, as such, another company cannot make the same controller without changing the inner working. It explains why the 360 has a crappy D-Pad and the PS3 doesn't have actual triggers.
Posted Image

#22 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

You are right about the patents, but wrong about that being a reason for Nintendo not to have triggers.

You forget, the Gamecube controller had perfectly good triggers and I would much prefer those to buttons. If they had been a bit stiffer they would have been BETTER than the Xbox ones, as that extra click at the end would be awesome for activating nitrus, rather than having another button for it. A lot LOT better than the pointless clicky analog sticks that always activate by accident.

I will never buy a racing game on the Wii U if it doesn't have triggers as they are absolutely essential. A shame as that means no GTA either as trying to drive around with no control over acceleration would be a nightmare. Basically, half of my game collection would be useless without triggers.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 15 June 2011 - 07:16 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#23 Kinvara

Kinvara

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

It doesn't really matter to me as long as the controls work. I never had a problem with the wiimote despite the many complaints and I doubt I'll have a problem with the U.

#24 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

The main thing they showed off at E3 was the new controller. The controller they showed is most likely the finished product. That said, it's frustrating that Nintendo put in sub-par slide pads instead of solid analog sticks. It's a step backward, and there's really no excuse beyond "it looks better."

#25 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

Who says that they are "sub-par"?

I haven't heard any complaints from reviewers who have actually used the Wii U controller.

#26 Roy

Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

It does have triggers.....

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

#27 Magikarp

Magikarp

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

The circle pad is fine, but I would definitely prefer an analog stick that is PS3 esque.

#28 Schroedus

Schroedus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

The circle pad is fine, but I would definitely prefer an analog stick that is PS3 esque.

For me, that's good and bad. Every time I played with the analog sticks on the PS3 controller, my fingers kept slipping off at certain times.

#29 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

I'm wondering how long it will be after the Wii U launch that some third party hardware company offers domed covers for the circle pads that look and feel more like thumbsticks?

But really? Is it that big a deal? An analogue direction pad was the norm at one time, we got pretty good control out of that.

Edited by Mukkinese, 15 June 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#30 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

if they decide to go with pads,(that i believe they will do), then i hope that they are not that limited like on the 3ds, you could move it like 5 mm, i wantz it at least to be 1 cm.

#31 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

It does have triggers.....

Er... no, they mean analog triggers with graded pull (for variable acceleration)... the ones on the current version of the controller are on/off buttons.

#32 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

The only think I would want is triggers instead of buttons on the back of the controller.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#33 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Dude i need triggers for bieng in a car. The analogs? I'm fine with sliders so long as they aren't like the PsP. Otherwise - garbage, i'm sticking with classic controller.

1367065580450s.jpg

#34 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

Triggers also add to FPS.

#35 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

I Hope they change The Slide Pads on the Controler :/ And just stick with Anolog.It feels much better too me Durring Gameplay
Posted Image

#36 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

I really don't care. The circle pad on the 3DS make Street Fighter easier for me.
Why isn't there a "I like circle pads" button?
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#37 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

All I know about circle pads is that I hate the PSP ones, especially on the PSP go, that must be the most uncomfortable handheld I've ever experienced.
I've been hearing a lot of good things about them, initial shock and disappointment, but when you get used to them there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. + I Like to trust Miyamoto, he is a bit of a hero of mine :D

#38 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Well he did say he made them Different from the 3DS Pads,so,we shall wait and see.
Posted Image

#39 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

Well he did say he made them Different from the 3DS Pads,so,we shall wait and see.

It's said they move like the Circle Pad but handles like the nunchuck analog.
"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!