Photo

Could THQ be in the know about the Wii 2?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:34 AM

The boss of THQ let this little tidbit slip during an investor's conference.

We don’t expect new hardware any time soon from either Microsoft or Sony. It’s difficult on Nintendo – we’ll let them announce their new hardware.

"We'll let them announce their new hardware." That line specifically is making me wonder whether there's the slightest chance THQ might be in the know about the Wii's successor. The 3DS has been in development for a long time, and some third-parties had been let in on it and had faithfully held the secret for over two years, working on games for it in secret, sometimes even internally within the company.

Who's to say Nintendo hasn't done the same with the Wii 2? If they're planning to release it in 2012 (as most of the theories agree), or *gasp* even this year, they'd best have some solid backing behind the thing, or it's gonna tank at launch.

I know all of this might sound sort of crazy, but it's just some food for thought.

#2 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:18 AM

It's either they know about the Wii 2 or like many people, they think Nintendo has the best reasons to launch first.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#3 dannyboy

dannyboy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    all nintendo characters

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

maybe they do know about the wii 2 but are being sworn into secrecy you could be onto something there Feldo
http://amazing-nintendo.blogspot.com/
my new blog all about Nintendo so go and have a look though its not just as good as here but go for a look and sign up to the forum if you want

#4 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

I wouldn't be surprised should THQ and potentially a few other third party developers have some knowledge on the Wii's successor that's far more concrete than anything in the rumor mill. A few developers have given me the impression they may know something regarding Nintendo's next console, which if it is going to be announced this year and released next year like the current rumors are buzzing about it would make sense that third party developers are already working on games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!