NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:36 AM

Just some speculation as to what the dev teams are working on: http://nintendoevery...on/#more-180828

Nintendo has a whole bunch of teams at its disposal. There are plenty of groups at EAD Kyoto as well as inside EAD Tokyo.

Nintendo-Online sent over a summary of their new list, which provides a look at what the different EAD departments are confirmed or speculated to be working on. View it below.

EAD Kyoto 1
– last game: Mario Kart 8
– currently working on Mario Kart 8 DLC
– confirmed to research on new two screen concepts -> new projects still in the planning phase

EAD Kyoto 2
– responsible for Wii Sports and Animal Crossing
– working on Splatoon, to be released next year
– heavily speculated to develop Animal Crossing Wii U

EAD Kyoto 3
– the Zelda team is currently developing Zelda Wii U
– co-developing Majora’s Mask 3D with Grezzo
– a completely new handheld Zelda game is speculated to be in the planning phase

EAD Kyoto 4
– last games: New Super Mario Bros. 2/U, Pikmin 3
– currently working on Mario Maker and co-developing Yoshi’s Woolly World with Good-Feel
– speculated to (co?)-develop Project Giant Robot and Project Guard
– a new Pikmin project is likely, maybe for the New 3DS

EAD Kyoto 5
– no current projects confirmed
– likely to co-develop Star Fox Wii U

EAD Tokyo 1
– development supervision for Majora’s Mask 3D

EAD Tokyo 2
– new 3D Mario confirmed to be in development
– many possibilities for the new game, none of which are confirmed: 3D Land/3D World successor, Super Mario Galaxy 3, Super Mario Sunshine remake, or a completely new Mario game

EAD Tokyo 3
– last games: Ultimate NES Remix and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
– next projects completely unknown

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

At this point I want a new 3d Mario and Metroid Prime to be confirmed for Wii U. I think 75% chance at least one will be revealed in some way or another at e3.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

At this point I want a new 3d Mario and Metroid Prime to be confirmed for Wii U. I think 75% chance at least one will be revealed in some way or another at e3.

Yeah, i think for sure we will get another 3d mario on the Wii U and Metroid... a given for both wii u and 3ds.  :D

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

Pikmin for 3DS wouldn't work.

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

Pikmin for 3DS wouldn't work.

It could be a spin-off. 

As for the op, I'd say these are pretty safe bets.

Edited by Colinx, 30 November 2014 - 04:12 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#6 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

Seeing as this generation is basically lost, i hope Nintendo uses what's left of it and try more new franchises like Splatoon to start preparing gamers for the next one.

EAD 1 Tokyo is making more gamepad centric games? Didn't hear anything about this. Anyone has?

New Mario will either be a 3DS game - the only console that can really increase software profits, by now - or it's going to come out on both, like Smash!
Wii U will surely get a Mario remake.

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

I think modern day gaming gives Nintendo an advantage if only they took advantage of it. I think they need to have a smaller studio bring back some of their classic ip's but as Wii U Eshop exclusives. Imagine a new wave race and a new 1080p but as 10-15 dollars downloads from Eshoo... even 20 I bought Trine 2 at launch for 20 dollars and it was well worth the money. Obviously they will not have the budget as a full retail game but enough budget to give a really great experience all around at that price. I can't speak for you guys but I would buy something like that easy. I think f-zero has a big enough following to release as a full title. I think if they were able to give a true sequel to GX taking advantage of the power and online capabilities of Wii U that it could sell fairly well. I think a lot of what we see going forward will depend on the success or lack thereof of three titles. Captain toad, splatoon, and starfox. Starfox will be very interesting to see how the fans react to it. I personally think it depends on what style of starfox game we get. I think they need to mix it up a bit and offer flying and land missions. I do not think that a full single player flying combat game will do good In the market... though I could be wrong. Miyamoto already said that they will be doing more Hyrule warrior type collaborations which is cool. There is also that rumor of three more games that Nintendo has funded like devils third and bayonetta that have not been revealed yet. So I think the future is bright and that Nintendo is all about taking their time and making the best decision. I am looking forward to 2015 and BEYOND.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!