• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

So, I have been reading around and I think most people were not really happy with the turnout at E3. I am not a Nintendo guy. I have a 360. I am the type of person who likes shooters and sports games and power but, I was very excited about the WII U for the past year. I love the concept and who does not like a new system!? I have had a wii before simply to play Mario and some donkey Kong but that’s about it. I used to love the N64 and SNES so; I have had my share of fun with Nintendo in the past. Coming from someone who is not a diehard Nintendo guy, this is a bad start for them. Half of the 3rd party games look like they are either ment for kids or just some half ass game thrown together to use the new controller. Nintendo needed more time at E3. And what in god’s name was Nintendo land!? Really? Did they really need to spend a ton of time talking up a game that looks like its ment for a 12 year old? How do you end E3 on that? Where are all the big 3rd party franchises? Games like far cry? Or I don’t know... ANY EA sports games? How can you not talk about NHL or Madden or Fifa. Tons of people say these games are coming out for wii u but it’s not on that site with the list of launch titles. These games will all be released from august to October on 360 and ps3 so if Nintendo is planning on having these games on their system, how can you not mention it or have it released by xmas>? This system was supposed to appeal to casual gamers. What I saw today were games ment for kids or games that I could play on my 360 with the same graphics. And where is call of duty? I don’t care if you hate this game...How can you not release that game on this system? This just shows that Nintendo is not getting the picture. It’s not on that list of launch titles and again, if they plan on releasing it down the road why would I ever buy it on wii u when I can have the same game on my 360? To me, Nintendo is really not doing a great job. A year from now ps4 and 720 will be coming out and they will be steps ahead of Nintendo again. Nintendo should be getting MOST if not all games that are coming out for ps3 and 360 and having them released on the WII U. Some might say it’s unrealistic but in reality, it shouldn’t be. I am not saying it needs 75 games at launch but, this is not an impressive start

And I understand there are people on here who will strictly buy this because they love Nintendo and their 1st party titles and that’s awesome. I get that. But speaking from another audience of gamers........today was NOT the right step.

#2 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

I have a 360. I am the type of person who likes shooters and sports games and power but,

So did you enjoy the rest of E3? Most of it was really boring to me. Honestly asking for your opinion of it.

Half of the 3rd party games look like they are either ment for kids or just some half ass game thrown together to use the new controller.

A bigger problem for me were the ports that will be released before Wii U. I don't mind the kiddy 3rd party games. I can enjoy a kiddy looking game if it's fun. At least ZombiU is getting good reviews so far, even though I had the same reaction that it was a lazy game.

And what in god’s name was Nintendo land!?

Lol I agree, they didn't do a good job of making it seem like it'd appeal to adults equally. They especially didn't need to end it with it when 10 seconds ago they just spent 20 minutes on it.

How can you not talk about NHL or Madden or Fifa

Also agree on your points. If it's true that they're getting them, some mention of them, even with a quick mashup video would have been good to help with the variety, like how they should have also shown Platinum's game and the Wario one.

What I saw today were games ment for kids or games that I could play on my 360 with the same graphics.

A good summary. I still can't tell if Pikmin would be impossible on PS3 and it's the best looking one so far And even though ZombiU has nice potential, it still looks unpolished, especially compared to The Last of Us.

However, I would like to add that the Wii U itself is not d00med! The conference sucked hard, but if you go looking for more info (like the fact that they never mentioned the new Wario or Platinum's game), Nintendo's system starts looking better. Don't give up hope yet. :)
Posted Image

#3 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

The rest of e3 was pretty bad. I thought sony just went from bad to worse. It was honestly boring and nothing great. They really didn't even need a conference to announce their garbage and while Microsoft was not as bad I still thought it was pretty bland. Nothing big. Nothing special. And your right they are not doomed haha. People will buy into wii u but I am just pretty letdown. After a year of reading up on stuff daily and hoping for something great I got a crap fest. I'm hoping the months leading up to launch will be better! By the way I do like the new controller and I like te online they have going on with miiverse. It looks promising.

#4 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Yes, the big reason why most of us are disappointed is because we perhaps let ourselves get a bit too hyped. I still think Nintendo could have done better (like I have mentioned elsewhere, more than 2 franchises. At least replace that second Mario game with WarioWare to give a little more variety) If they had one more game that was at least as well liked as Pikmin (F-Zero for example) I don't think anyone would be upset right now. Pikmin isn't as big as I thought so it really needed something else to catch the other half of the audience.

And really? I thought it'd be good for you. I felt like all I saw was shooters and sports, especially after EA's conference! xD
Posted Image

#5 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Please people seriously, do you remember the graphics on Xbox 360 games when they first came out? Give the Wii U 6 years and then complain that the graphics dont match up.

I hate you allllllll!

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

Um... It's not a big deal to be disappointed that a next gen system's early games aren't recognizably next gen. Obviously they'll be better later but the point of E3 is to show off. Calm down a little, sheesh. :P

Edited by Ixchel, 05 June 2012 - 11:14 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Um... It's not a big deal to be disappointed that a next gen system's early games aren't recognizably next gen. Obviously they'll be better later but the point of E3 is to show off. Calm down a little, sheesh. :P

Yeah I get that but I think people seem to forget things take time, I'm calm, :P Its more other people that are so upset about this that need to calm down haha.

#8 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Yes, the big reason why most of us are disappointed is because we perhaps let ourselves get a bit too hyped. I still think Nintendo could have done better (like I have mentioned elsewhere, more than 2 franchises. At least replace that second Mario game with WarioWare to give a little more variety)

Check out Game & Wario @ e3.nintendo.com, totally slipped under the radar but they say it's slated for the launch window.

#9 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Please people seriously, do you remember the graphics on Xbox 360 games when they first came out? Give the Wii U 6 years and then complain that the graphics dont match up.

I hate you allllllll!

This looks quite good actually. And this was a launch game.

28gxdv8.png

#10 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

Yeah I guess but its still nothing compared to what we are seeing now on the 360 and PS3.

#11 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

I think the thing that pissed people off is defending this console for a year. You had ps360 fans and anonymous developers every week saying something bad about this console. So you have fans saying wait you will see wait until E3 2012 nintendo is going to blow us away. They will show the system is next gen, they will show it's a core system, etc etc. So after this big buildup of support and defending the console nintendo comes out and sh*ts on us by having this weak a$$ conference. All they had to do was make a sizzle real of first party games f-zero, DK, zelda, star fox, and metroid along with a couple 3rd party no one expects running on the Wii U and that gives us something to look forward to. They FAILED as hard as they could have. Seriously this is the last thing I thought would have happened. I thought they wanted the core back. I'm still going to get the system(not at launch now that its confirmed black won't be a launch color) and still believe the system can have an amazing lifespan of amazing games. Its nintendo all the way for me but they had an amazing opportunity to blow us away and shut up critics, gamers, analyst, and every naysayer and they let it slip away.

#12 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Yea..madden 06 had great graphics. I bought that the year it came out and call of duty and it was WAY better in graphics than xbox. I was not expecting to be blown away by graphics...I was expecting more by 3rd party titles and not just ubisoft.

#13 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

I am disappointed with the software titles shown at E3 as well, but I do have several choice games that I am buying immediately, and none of them are "casual" titles.

You have to pay attention to the core titles that you know are coming out, but may not have been demonstrated at E3. Fore example Aliens: Colonial Marines is a "core" title and it wasn't demonstrated. I've been paying attention to this title and everything I've seen on various websites says I must own it on the WiiU; mostly because it's going to be the *best* version of the game. Another good example is Mass Effect 3. That one was not demonstrated either, but I have been paying attention to it as well and it also looks like a must-have game!

As far what was seen at E3 I am getting the WiiU exclusive ZombiU, Batman: Arkham City, and New Super Mario Bros. U (So that last title is not necessarily a "hardcore" title, but damn. It's Mario. I'm buying it anyway).

There are some really great games releasing on the WiiU, just look beyond E3. You will find a lot of games with enhancements that are exclusive to the console.

The rest of e3 was pretty bad.

Yes! Exactly! The other companies had nothing exciting to show, if you don't count Halo 4. Nintendo has tons of software titles releasing on the WiiU that were not shown at E3. You can't just rely on their press conference alone.

Darksiders II, Assassin's Creed III, Mass Effect 3, and more were not shown in-depth. Seriously, don't just think that E3 is the definitive definition of why you must own a WiiU (or any console). Look elsewhere and do some research. Microsoft and Sony have a lot of great things coming out too, but you have to look outside of what is being shown at E3 to see it.

Don't ask me why the E3 conferences were so lacklucster this year. In my opinion they could have done better...

Edited by King_Bowser_Koopa, 06 June 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#14 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

the only thing i was really interested in was the lego one
because I like those kind of games :3
and it's not based off of a movie
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#15 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

I pretty much lost all hope with the Wii U. Sorry but I can't risk another 6 years of Wii scenario again, this gen was the worst for me. Hoping that the Wii U delivers even if i'll be waiting for the next consoles

1367065580450s.jpg

#16 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

I pretty much lost all hope with the Wii U. Sorry but I can't risk another 6 years of Wii scenario again, this gen was the worst for me. Hoping that the Wii U delivers even if i'll be waiting for the next consoles

Alrighty, well I hope you're not basing this all on the E3 press conference. Honestly look at the individual developer websites. They paint a better picture. Especially look at Aliens: Colonial Marines. That game looks very promising.

#17 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

So, I have been reading around and I think most people were not really happy with the turnout at E3. I am not a Nintendo guy. I have a 360. I am the type of person who likes shooters and sports games and power but, I was very excited about the WII U for the past year. I love the concept and who does not like a new system!? I have had a wii before simply to play Mario and some donkey Kong but that’s about it. I used to love the N64 and SNES so; I have had my share of fun with Nintendo in the past. Coming from someone who is not a diehard Nintendo guy, this is a bad start for them. Half of the 3rd party games look like they are either ment for kids or just some half ass game thrown together to use the new controller. Nintendo needed more time at E3. And what in god’s name was Nintendo land!? Really? Did they really need to spend a ton of time talking up a game that looks like its ment for a 12 year old? How do you end E3 on that? Where are all the big 3rd party franchises? Games like far cry? Or I don’t know... ANY EA sports games? How can you not talk about NHL or Madden or Fifa. Tons of people say these games are coming out for wii u but it’s not on that site with the list of launch titles. These games will all be released from august to October on 360 and ps3 so if Nintendo is planning on having these games on their system, how can you not mention it or have it released by xmas>? This system was supposed to appeal to casual gamers. What I saw today were games ment for kids or games that I could play on my 360 with the same graphics. And where is call of duty? I don’t care if you hate this game...How can you not release that game on this system? This just shows that Nintendo is not getting the picture. It’s not on that list of launch titles and again, if they plan on releasing it down the road why would I ever buy it on wii u when I can have the same game on my 360? To me, Nintendo is really not doing a great job. A year from now ps4 and 720 will be coming out and they will be steps ahead of Nintendo again. Nintendo should be getting MOST if not all games that are coming out for ps3 and 360 and having them released on the WII U. Some might say it’s unrealistic but in reality, it shouldn’t be. I am not saying it needs 75 games at launch but, this is not an impressive start

And I understand there are people on here who will strictly buy this because they love Nintendo and their 1st party titles and that’s awesome. I get that. But speaking from another audience of gamers........today was NOT the right step.

I have to agree. I own multiple Platforms every generation and I'm not a "fanboy" for any company, but I was excited for a new system. I knew it would be weaker than PS4 and Nextbox, but the reason I buy multiple Platforms every generation is because of the great first party Nintendo games and their innovation. So far, I'm not seeing that Nintendo magic right now. They truly BOMBED their press conference, for the 'Core' gamers, IMO.

It may go on to sale a ton of systems, but I'm very disappointed in Nintendo and this leaves me questioning the overall direction of the company. The company needs a breath of fresh air in upper Management, IMO. I love how Nintendo "does it their own way", but it seems "their own way" no longer interests me as much as it once did. Is it me, or is it them???????/

#18 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

PS4 may never show up seeing as Sony could disappear in 2 years time.

Xbox 720 will come out Holiday season 2013 most likely. Which is a year and a half away. But if the rumors about the 720 come true then it will be a pathetic system.

Wont play 360 games,
Will have a tablet controller like Wii U Gamepad
No disc drive so every single game for the 720 will be digital only. No more physical copies of games.
Kinect 2.0

Plus besides Halo 5 and 6 there is absolutly no reason to get the 720. It wont be steps ahead of Wii U. It will be slightly more powerful do to it being newer tech but it wont be like 360 and Wii.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#19 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

The rest of e3 was pretty bad. I thought sony just went from bad to worse. It was honestly boring and nothing great. They really didn't even need a conference to announce their garbage and while Microsoft was not as bad I still thought it was pretty bland. Nothing big. Nothing special. And your right they are not doomed haha. People will buy into wii u but I am just pretty letdown. After a year of reading up on stuff daily and hoping for something great I got a crap fest. I'm hoping the months leading up to launch will be better! By the way I do like the new controller and I like te online they have going on with miiverse. It looks promising.

I actually think all of e3 wasnt that good this year... Sony's was boring, Microsoft's wasn't aimed at gamers, EA's had nothing surprising, Ubisoft's was okay and Nintendo's is still IMO the best one (actually they could have only showed Pikmin 3 and announce CD-i-ish games and I would still have liked their conference so my opinion is not really valid...) :)
Posted Image

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Year Before trolol
--------------------------------------
Yup they better get 10 shooters confirmed by these 6 months or they are screwed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!