#21 KartRacer

KartRacer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox, Mario Kart, TETRIS!!!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

I think they should have a feedback system similar to eBay's to determine if someone is allowed to post or not. Too many dislikes and that ability is taken away for a while.
Posted Image

#22 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

This may also be something they do to avoid jerks giving spoilers just to be jerks. Just imagine firing up your brand new game and some inconsiderate lowlife let's spill that , "Bowser kidnaps Peach." ugggg the whole rich plot was just desecrated. This could be a partially good thing.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#23 KartRacer

KartRacer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox, Mario Kart, TETRIS!!!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

This may also be something they do to avoid jerks giving spoilers just to be jerks. Just imagine firing up your brand new game and some inconsiderate lowlife let's spill that , "Bowser kidnaps Peach." ugggg the whole rich plot was just desecrated. This could be a partially good thing.

I never thought of that. Though, it mainly concerns the other stuff we don't want.
Posted Image

#24 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

As long as it isn't like this: "Help! I can't get past Bowser." *Wait 30 Minutes -_-* *Wait 30 more minutes for response... <_<* "Use the fire flower."
That would take one hour.

Edited by Pong, 07 June 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#25 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Well, he didn't say that it would affect direct messages, only the ones that are available to everyone, and parental settings don't help when most parents obviously ignore them (i.e. this generations xbox kids).

I get what you're saying but they shouldn't do annoying things because of lazy parents. They can cover their butts with a TOS sort of thing before it connects to the internet or as it starts up for the first time, so it can still be optional...
Posted Image

#26 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

[...]That’s why Iwata said the company was also planning to use a second method — “human resources.” Nintendo plans to hire people to monitor content on Miiverse.

The filtering will be done before the posts are published, Iwata said. With software, that can take a few seconds. But humans need a lot more time to manually sift through content.

As a result, there will probably be a delay between the time a user creates a post and when it appears in the Miiverse feed. How long depends on how many posts are created and how many people Nintendo has to do the work.

“The attraction of a social network is the immediacy of the feedback,” Iwata said. On the other hand, it’s absolutely essential that parents need to feel comfortable with Miiverse as a safe place for their children, he added.

That raises the question: What is an acceptable time lag that satisfies both requirements? Is it 30 minutes? Or three hours?

Iwata said that the company will monitor feedback from its users when the service launches to answer that question. “But personally, I think 30 minutes should be acceptable,” he said.[...]

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/06/06/e3-miiverse-and-nintendos-plan-for-keeping-it-clean/

BWAHAWHHWAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

OH NINTENDO

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#27 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

...Is anyone really surprised by this?

Remember that Miiverse is one part of Nintendo Network, not the whole thing. Personal messaging between users should work just as simply as XBL/PSN as far as I'm aware.

Posted Image

#28 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Dupe of AdmiralClassy's thread, so it's been merged.
Posted Image

#29 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

So Nintendo Network is the Nintendo version of XBL and PSN ? So Miiverse is what exactly ?
Posted Image

#30 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

So Nintendo Network is the Nintendo version of XBL and PSN ? So Miiverse is what exactly ?

I guess it would be the equivilant of the friends list on PSN and Xbox Live.

#31 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

I guess it would be the equivilant of the friends list on PSN and Xbox Live.

no thats just part of it miiverse is the chat forum that you wait 30mins for and its like a world for your mii(you) to communicate with others directly or in groups like the forum we are on right now.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#32 Fully87

Fully87

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Half-Life

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

no thats just part of it miiverse is the chat forum that you wait 30mins for and its like a world for your mii(you) to communicate with others directly or in groups like the forum we are on right now.

This

#33 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

I can actually understand all the hate for this, because Miiverse itself is a really hard concept to grasp. Here's my take on what it is, but I could be wrong:
Miiverse is kinda like a forum rather than an instant messenger. The whole point is not to get in a conversation, but rather to post something, come back later, and read responses. From my understanding, you will be able to IM your friends instantly, however this kind of thing must be moderated. Regardless of how old you are, I'm pretty sure you would be pissed if you saw pictures of genitals :/ Furthermore, locking out kids would kinda suck, well for them anyways. On top of this, he was just shooting numbers. He also suggested 3 hours, he really doesn't know yet. Regardless, for what it is, I think 30-60 minutes would be fine. This way you could perhaps play something else, or even just keep trying at your game, and then check the "forum" an hour or so later to see responses. My understanding is that each game will have its own "forum", where you'll be able to ask for help and give your opinion. It sounds pretty cool, and I'm happy that Nintendo is taking a different approach to online gaming. I still hope we see some sort of an account maker that lets you set up a profile as well as earn achievements :)

#34 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

Nintendo has to stop treating they're fans like children, make A list of words you cant say and apply it to the online so if someone says profanity then it'll be censored or if they post A obscene image give them A warning with the next offense being A ban from miiverse. Thats works well in my eyes and if they have enough guys reading through every single message sent in miiverse then they should have enough guys watching the chats

1367065580450s.jpg

#35 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Nintendo has to stop treating they're fans like children, make A list of words you cant say and apply it to the online so if someone says profanity then it'll be censored or if they post A obscene image give them A warning with the next offense being A ban from miiverse. Thats works well in my eyes and if they have enough guys reading through every single message sent in miiverse then they should have enough guys watching the chats

Many of their fans are children and not just the ones under the age of 18. If they weren't children they wouldn't need a system like this. I think for obscene images it should be an instant permaban(Can you even post images with this?) swearing should be a warning. If you're trying to have curse words censored people will just find a way around it. (Very easily might I add.) This really shouldn't be a problem if it's public only if you want to swear do it within your group of friends rather than on a public forum.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#36 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Many of their fans are children and not just the ones under the age of 18. If they weren't children they wouldn't need a system like this. I think for obscene images it should be an instant permaban(Can you even post images with this?) swearing should be a warning. If you're trying to have curse words censored people will just find a way around it. (Very easily might I add.) This really shouldn't be a problem if it's public only if you want to swear do it within your group of friends rather than on a public forum.

You can post images you've drawn, pretty much like messages drawn in Swapnote or pictochat.
My opinion is, first send a warning, then send another warning as well as a temp ban, and finally IP address perma ban.

Edited by andodel, 11 June 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#37 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

In the Kotaku interview with Reggie, he pretty much confirms that your message will appear instantly (after a scan of some kind). If the scan picks up a bad word, then it gets sent to Nintendo for review, which is probably what takes 30mins, what Iwata said in a previous interview.

#38 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Nintendo's gaming version of Facebook.

#39 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Apparently if the message doesn't set off any flags there wont be a delay, so it should be almost instantly posted.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#40 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

I wish we could get a Nintendo Direct sometime this month so Nintendo could clearly explain what Nintendo Network and Miiverse are, I understand them a little bit but it would be super if they would just clearly tell me
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!