34 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...26&postcount=74

Nintendo will have another big Wii U confernece before launch to detail a ton of stuff. I call it Summer Conference because Im guessing late August Early September for it.

http://www.neogaf.co...2&postcount=202

An added problem now is Nintendo is being pigheaded about the launch window. If your game isn't launch window you cant talk about it apparently yet.

http://www.neogaf.co...01&postcount=90

Well, I was told by a guy at Gearbox that Nintendo didn't want them talking about Colonial Marines. Which is why it's not at the show.

If this is true then lots of "no plans about it being on Wii U" is NDA

#2 esper

esper

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo The Muppets Pokemon Yu-Gi-Oh

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

I don't like it but I think I get it, more reveals closer to launch more impulse buys. :unsure:

#3 Vaati

Vaati

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, Reggie said on Spike that they are only discussing launch window games right now. Which is annoying, people don't only buy a console for what is available at launch but for what they know is coming up. Super Mario Galaxy wasn't within the 'Launch Window' of the Wii, but I'm guessing it added to reasons why people wanted the system at launch.
- 'Let me show you true power!'

#4 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

It... it sounds to good to be true. If it is true-
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Posted Image

#5 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Sounds like believable BS that a disappointed fan made up...... was my initial reaction.

However, I will say its not out of the realm of possibilitles, but it seems counter-intuitive to the whole, "Nintendo wants to please third parties and core gamers" thing. But I could definately see Nintendo not wanting Nintendo Land overshadowed by Aliens, maybe Bioshock, stuff like that. It's smart to get your launch games pub and to reward diligent developers for having games available at launch (i.e. Ubisoft). But like a poster above said, many people would buy a system at launch and maybe a game or two if they knew Metroid Prime 4, for example, was "coming soon", meaning by late 2013.

#6 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

I doubt that nintendo will be able to get back all the hardcore gamers, and especially NOT pc gamers, from what I read, what I ve seen... but lets give it some time and we will see.. When u see a sleek console, means weak tech and beautiful looks. But if u see a potato console, means power... I was expecting it bigger, but lets wait and see... All I need, at least for this and next year, to be on par with PC graphics... If it cant do that, then its not a good investment if u already have a good pc.

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Wow, I do dream of another press conference.....

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Those posts are just conjecture.
But they make sense, and we should all hope that is what Nintendo are doing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

But this rumor states we will know, but closer to launch. Just saying.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Eh, if it's true I don't really blame them in a sense. It's a good idea to show off 20+ games that are confirmed for launch window and hype them up. This will help sell the system to people who are early adopters but not Nintendo fanboys. The only flaw is that it only works if you have system sellers on that list. Would have worked if they had 2 or 3 but they only had Pikmin, which doesn't have a big enough following.
What you do in a situation like that is show everything you know is coming within a year, say that it's all coming within a year, and perhaps make it vague if you have to, which ones are "launch window" or not, and slowly reveal which ones later.

I'd rather be confident that the first year has 10/30 good titles in the first year than just see 3/20 good games for the "launch window" which is a few months and be left wary and considering waiting for a sale...

Edited by Ixchel, 07 June 2012 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Hoodbury

Hoodbury

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

I just hope this doesn't mean they will go dark again without any updates until this 'summer conference'.

#12 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

I not going to get excited because I was excited for the E3 but Nintendo disappointed me. But I hope this is true, anyways I always going to buy the Wii U.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#13 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

maybe they'll use this conference (if its even real) to discuss all their other plans outside of the "launch window"

#14 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

maybe they'll use this conference (if its even real) to discuss all their other plans outside of the "launch window"

They will have too, Nintendo already confirmed that they will have conferences for Wii U in the Summer time, that's the reason there not going to Gamescom this year.

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

@Meelow um link?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

All I need, at least for this and next year, to be on par with PC graphics... If it cant do that, then its not a good investment if u already have a good pc.

Really? I would think that makes a Nintendo console the perfect console supplement to PC. i.e. you have your PC for all the graphic intensive multiplats and the Nintendo console for the exclusives, but that's just my honest opinion.

Sounds like believable BS that a disappointed fan made up...... was my initial reaction.

However, I will say its not out of the realm of possibilitles, but it seems counter-intuitive to the whole, "Nintendo wants to please third parties and core gamers" thing. But I could definately see Nintendo not wanting Nintendo Land overshadowed by Aliens, maybe Bioshock, stuff like that. It's smart to get your launch games pub and to reward diligent developers for having games available at launch (i.e. Ubisoft). But like a poster above said, many people would buy a system at launch and maybe a game or two if they knew Metroid Prime 4, for example, was "coming soon", meaning by late 2013.

^ this

Reggie said on stage during the conference they would be showing many different aspects of the wii U soon after this week. (don't have a quote, but it was when he was confirming the 2 gamepad support) I honestly think that Nintendo had their hands tied a little during their press conference. I wouldn't be surprised if some of their early agreements with Warner Bros and Ubisoft entitled the respective companies to floor time during this year's Nintendo press conference, Nintendo then realized later that this wasn't what they needed to be focused on during this specific conference but couldn't back out of their agreements so they had to spin their games (Arkham and ZombiU the latter of which had already got extensive coverage during ubisofts conference) to fit Nintendo's agenda instead of making other announcements.

I could see this as one possible explanation for why the conference felt awkward, but just throwing out a possibility.

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Really? I would think that makes a Nintendo console the perfect console supplement to PC. i.e. you have your PC for all the graphic intensive multiplats and the Nintendo console for the exclusives, but that's just my honest opinion.

^ this

Reggie said on stage during the conference they would be showing many different aspects of the wii U soon after this week. (don't have a quote, but it was when he was confirming the 2 gamepad support) I honestly think that Nintendo had their hands tied a little during their press conference. I wouldn't be surprised if some of their early agreements with Warner Bros and Ubisoft entitled the respective companies to floor time during this year's Nintendo press conference, Nintendo then realized later that this wasn't what they needed to be focused on during this specific conference but couldn't back out of their agreements so they had to spin their games (Arkham and ZombiU the latter of which had already got extensive coverage during ubisofts conference) to fit Nintendo's agenda instead of making other announcements.

I could see this as one possible explanation for why the conference felt awkward, but just throwing out a possibility.

(Yes he actually said that he would show aspects of the Wii U soon.)
Posted Image

#18 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

This would be AWESOME!

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

If this is true again I'm hyped.

They need annoucements:
GTAV
BO2
Bioshock
Moh
Spec Ops
Far Cry
RE6
Watch Dogs
Sleeping Dogs
Retro Title
Madden
NCAA
PES

Gameplay:
Project C.A.R.S
Aliens
Fifa
Nba
etc.

#20 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Thats what I did with wii :). But in a point I stopped it thats why i didnt wanted the same story again.. But I needed a console for all, to give me graphical quality that I wont care about my pc... that turned me off a bit.. I said it several times, I will buy it, but not on release.. Except if all this rumors, leaks are wrong.. I will expect a hardware review.. but through my experience the console cannot have hardcore specs, due to its size... it will burn..

Nintendo always fits with PC... developers just f#$#$ pc games by demanding crazy drms, so those who pay the game, are the victims.. hahaha Thats why I wanted a console... And I never compromise or sacrificing.. with my quality, or stupid drms.. :) I am, my avatar... evil wario :)

But I feel that nintendo did the same mistake, as with the wii U, wii U is going to be fine, till the other 2 will come out. And from what I see, they will come out when dx12 is out and ue4... Dx12 is coming next year.

Edited by Orion, 07 June 2012 - 04:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!