Photo

Animal Crossing 3DS

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Animal Crossing 3DS (15 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you think Animal Crossing 3DS looks compared to the previous titles?

1. Much, much better! (10 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. It looks alright. (4 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. Eh, I kinda like the previous looks... (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. I can't stand the new look. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

I've played all versions of Animal Crossing, the DS one, Wild World is my favorite. There's just something about Animal Crossing on a handheld that makes it better.

I do like the new look, but at the same time, I'm not too sure I like how they have taller bodies in it. Oh well, I'll adapt to that soon enough and the smaller bodies will probably start to look weird to me. XD

Posted Image

#22 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

I've played all versions of Animal Crossing, the DS one, Wild World is my favorite. There's just something about Animal Crossing on a handheld that makes it better.

I do like the new look, but at the same time, I'm not too sure I like how they have taller bodies in it. Oh well, I'll adapt to that soon enough and the smaller bodies will probably start to look weird to me. XD

I like it on the handhelds better because it is more convenient to play and multiplayer is easier.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#23 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

The one for wii got boring to fast, the city wasn't much of a add-on. I will get it for the 3ds, because I liked it on the DS.

Edited by superdarkyoshi, 16 June 2011 - 11:49 AM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#24 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

I certainly didn't think Wild World was the best (GCN was easily the best) but I do agree that it would be a really good handheld game as it is far more accessible, which is important for a game you might play for only half an hour, or less, each day.

#25 Anthony Vaughn

Anthony Vaughn

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

I felt that Animal Crossing for the GameCube was the best in the series. I absolutely couldn't stand Animal Crossing: Wild World, because they took the core out of Animal Crossing. No hills, no holidays, share a house, and not to mention, the music & graphics were very scratchy. I felt that it was an absolute downgrade. Then once Animal Crossing: City Folk/ Let's Go to the City came out, I felt that it was most definitely improved from AC:WW, but nothing beat the original Animal Crossing. Though, I feel like this Animal Crossing most certainly has the potential for averaging the same warm experience as I did with the original Animal Crossing.

#26 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

I felt that Animal Crossing for the GameCube was the best in the series. I absolutely couldn't stand Animal Crossing: Wild World, because they took the core out of Animal Crossing. No hills, no holidays, share a house, and not to mention, the music & graphics were very scratchy. I felt that it was an absolute downgrade. Then once Animal Crossing: City Folk/ Let's Go to the City came out, I felt that it was most definitely improved from AC:WW, but nothing beat the original Animal Crossing. Though, I feel like this Animal Crossing most certainly has the potential for averaging the same warm experience as I did with the original Animal Crossing.

Nintendo tried to play it safe with City Folk, they saw that the GCN version worked well and they didn't wanna change too much. however I think they will with the 3DS version, and even if it uses a lot of similar aspects from the GCN version that is okay as long as it has it's own stuff too.

#27 Droenix

Droenix

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Completely agree with you here. If they decide to bring back the NES games into here, I think everyone will be incredibly happy! But, I doubt they will, since they have their shopping channel now... Gamecube version was definitely the best version and for me personally was the one I played the most. I remember the first night I got the game, I stayed up collecting seashells from the shore, selling them, saving my game, then coming back on to do that over and over again. I think I was close to paying off my first debt by doing just that in the first night. Great game!
Posted Image

#28 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

Completely agree with you here. If they decide to bring back the NES games into here, I think everyone will be incredibly happy! But, I doubt they will, since they have their shopping channel now...

Yeah the NES games really helped it, but you're right, they won't do it now that they have the VC, though adding their own mini arcade games or something would really make it fun, as having those super rare items would really add something to the game.

#29 Yikaria W.

Yikaria W.

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Lucky Star, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

I'm looking forward to the game

Posted Image

#30 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

What if you could play your VC games in Animal Crossing? You could have little versions of the systems the games you have bought were originally on as furniture.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#31 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

What if you could play your VC games in Animal Crossing? You could have little versions of the systems the games you have bought were originally on as furniture.

That's an alright thought, but it does limit it a lot, what about the people with no VC games, and also, there's not much incentive towards collecting a super rare item that will only allow you to do something that you can do from your system menu without the effort of finding a rare item.

#32 nintendofreak147

nintendofreak147

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Fandom:
    Captain Falcon!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

I think the fact that we can swim, and being the mayor will make this much better, plus there's many other updates, as you can see in the E3 video.
Gamestop is slow. Gamestop is slow. Gamestop is slow.

#33 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

I think the fact that we can swim, and being the mayor will make this much better, plus there's many other updates, as you can see in the E3 video.

Don't forget, there actually has to be a use for features. Swimming will only be good if there is a point, I just hope they add something good in for it.
Has it been confirmed that you play as the mayor?

#34 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:16 AM

Don't forget, there actually has to be a use for features. Swimming will only be good if there is a point, I just hope they add something good in for it.
Has it been confirmed that you play as the mayor?

At E3 2010 Nintendo said that you would be able to become the mayor, so I'd imagine they're still planning to let the player become mayor. Being mayor would be awesome, although it would probably take ages to become mayor. Swimming also looks interesting, although I'm not sure what use it would have. It could just be for fun.

3DS_AnimalCr_4_scrn06_E3.jpg

One thing that really irritated me with Wild World, was how the locals reacted if you hadn't played in a few months. I'd much rather they'd just speak to you as normal, rather than as if they don't like you anymore. I also didn't like how the town would be covered in weeds if you hadn't played in a while. It kinda put me off playing it, and if I did choose to play it again, I would normally start a new game.

#35 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

At E3 2010 Nintendo said that you would be able to become the mayor, so I'd imagine they're still planning to let the player become mayor. Being mayor would be awesome, although it would probably take ages to become mayor. Swimming also looks interesting, although I'm not sure what use it would have. It could just be for fun.

3DS_AnimalCr_4_scrn06_E3.jpg

One thing that really irritated me with Wild World, was how the locals reacted if you hadn't played in a few months. I'd much rather they'd just speak to you as normal, rather than as if they don't like you anymore. I also didn't like how the town would be covered in weeds if you hadn't played in a while. It kinda put me off playing it, and if I did choose to play it again, I would normally start a new game.

Yeah Swimming wouldn't be a bad thing if it was just for fun, but I think it would be really cool if it had a special use, like looking for coral or whatever.

And that's pretty cool about the mayor.

Also I wouldn't want them to act completely normal if I hadn't been on in ages, but I don't want them to act like they hate me, maybe just a comment about how they haven't seen me for a while, and maybe then option if you know you aren't going to be on for a while you can let your town know you're on vacation or something so as they know (for those who really like to role play)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!