• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Diablo2

Diablo2

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

I love Nintendo and all. I play every single Mario game that comes out and contrary to popular belief, im one who thinks the original Wii is SERIOUSLY overlooked. On the same token, however, I think it's time Nintendo comes up with a newer set of characters. I mean, as good as Metroid, Mario and Zelda are, how many of these can consumers take? Sure, they have been taking them happily since the 1980s, but that also doesn't mean Nintendo can sit back and keep profiting on a tired formula for the next 100 years. If Miyamoto did it before, surely he can do it again. The guy needs to sit down, grab a pen and paper and start developing the next great franchise. By now, even Mario Kart is starting to feel a bit stale, although still enjoyable overall.

As an ideal example, i would like for someone to introduce a solid RPG franchise much like the Final Fantasy games represent Sony. Nintendo's best bet (in this genre) is to talk to Camelot and tell them to work up a sweat and make Golden Sun a more standard series, as opposed to releasing one every gazillion years for handheld devices alone.

Personally, i think a bit of a change or something NEW would be nice, rather than expect the same formula with every consle (Mario here, Zelda there.)

What champion would you like to see on every Nintendo console from now on?

Posted Image

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

POPULAR

Nintendo Land, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western, and Xenoblade. Boom counter argument.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Miyamoto is making a new IP for the Wii U.

#4 Diablo2

Diablo2

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Nintendo Land, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western, and Xenoblade. Boom counter argument.

Let's hope they actually stick--- that's the thing. Hoping they don't become irrelevant over the years, ala Crash Bandicoot.

Posted Image

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Let's hope they actually stick--- that's the thing. Hoping they don't become irrelevant over the years, ala Crash Bandicoot.

I doubt something like that would happen, as all of these (except Nintendo Land because it isn't out yet lol) have sold really well.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 Diablo2

Diablo2

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Lol yup, let's hope so. Im just hoping people would start looking at the compnay in a new, more positive light. Unfortunately, each console HAS missed out on some much-needed RPGs and racing games, for example. Nintendo is currently a bit unbalanced with their lineups but hopefully the Wii U will fix most of these issues.

Posted Image

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Lol yup, let's hope so. Im just hoping people would start looking at the compnay in a new, more positive light. Unfortunately, each console HAS missed out on some much-needed RPGs and racing games, for example. Nintendo is currently a bit unbalanced with their lineups but hopefully the Wii U will fix most of these issues.

I just think they need a realistic art style and game. A new IP that doesn't have fictional characters. Maybe an RP or Adventure game with real people or people wearing suits.

#8 Diablo2

Diablo2

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Starfox, on the other hand, needs to make a hell of a comeback. I could easily imagine it as a hit using today's technology and the use of the new gamepad.

Posted Image

#9 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Miyamoto IP incoming!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

Well, here's the problem I have with this thread. The topic and the first post are really unrelated.

In reply to the topic name - They've made quite a few new franchises recently: Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Freakyforms, Quetzal's Corridors, and a couple others.

In reply to the first post - I'd actually like to see Sakura Samurai become more of its own, there's some real potential there.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I think that instead of focusing on 8 mario games and 3 zelda games in 11 months that they should give love to the other franchises. Starfox, Metroid, F zero, Mother, and all that other good stuff instead of rehashes of mario. This is getting worse then CoD

1367065580450s.jpg

#12 Diablo2

Diablo2

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

I think that instead of focusing on 8 mario games and 3 zelda games in 11 months that they should give love to the other franchises. Starfox, Metroid, F zero, Mother, and all that other good stuff instead of rehashes of mario. This is getting worse then CoD

I (obviously) couldn't have said it better myself; this is what the original thread/topic meant to discuss. It's just too much of the same. I'm just looking for something OTHER than Mario/Zelda/Metroid to become more standard. Something different. Wether it's a long-term racer (non-Mario related) or adventure/RPG...whatever it is.

Too many rehashed stories indeed. Just look at Zelda. I DO love Zelda but.....come on already.

Edited by Diablo2, 09 June 2012 - 08:45 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Well don't forget that Nintendo is operating at a loss so it makes sense that they are currently milking the franchises that make the most money. Don't worry Nintendo has said that they will return to profitability at the same time they are releasing tons of awesome 3DS and DS games AND releasing the Wii U.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Yeah they need money now. And I never really cared for 'new' IPs that much anyway, third or first party. Most of my favourite franchises originate from before 2000, with the exception of Splinter Cell..
No sig.

#15 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

I (obviously) couldn't have said it better myself; this is what the original thread/topic meant to discuss. It's just too much of the same. I'm just looking for something OTHER than Mario/Zelda/Metroid to become more standard. Something different. Wether it's a long-term racer (non-Mario related) or adventure/RPG...whatever it is.

Too many rehashed stories indeed. Just look at Zelda. I DO love Zelda but.....come on already.

I do agree with you on Mario but Zelda really... One console Zelda in 5 years... I think they are just trying to build an install base by using widely popular icons, Mario. So that their will be a wide range of potential customers for not so popular franchises... They had to use mario, Zelda, metroid on wii to keep it relevant to core gamers

Posted Image

#16 erasure242

erasure242

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

Non-Specific Action Figure: The Game?

#17 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Yeah whatever.
Posted Image

#18 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Kid Icarus was just revived after like 20 years you can basiclly count that as a new franchise lol.

However Miyamoto is working on a Wii U game that is a new IP. He said they will be adding new members to the Nintendo family.

Also Nintendo has way more main franchises then Sony and Microsoft lol. Microsoft needs to make new IP's to but they already stated they have no intrest in 1st party games they want to have the best version of multiplats. Halo and Gears and Forza is all Xbox has. If someone needs a new franchise its Xbox. As for Sony they got Krash Bandicoot (Long time ago) God Of War and Little Big Planet and now the Last Of Us...

Nintendo has more then enough franchises. But we are getting abit more it will just take time. I personally dont need anymore from Nintendo. I am fine with Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Smash Bros, F-Zero, StarFox, Zelda, Pokemon and such.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#19 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Gosh i hope the Mr Miyamoto's New IP is just a rumor and he's really just working on a sequel to Wii Fit U (compatible with Wii vitality sensor of course ;) )

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!