• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 darkknight41

darkknight41

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

When speaking with Kotaku, Reggie Fils-Aime has confirmed that Wii U will have system-level achievements like the Nintendo 3DS and its Mii Plaza Accomplishments. Fils-Aime said that Nintendo is giving developers the choice of whether they want to implement an achievement system in their games. In other words, a Wii U game is not required to feature a system of achievements.

Nintendo has put an Achievement-like system in the 3DS, mostly to reward people for feats involving the system’s Street Pass networking system. In other words, the system itself has Achievements. “We will have that,” Fils-Aime said. “Once you start getting into game-specific [Achievements] that’s developer driven.” Microsoft may require every game to have Achievements, but, Fils-Aime said, “That is not our philosophy.”

http://mynintendonew...evement-system/

#2 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

It sounds like games will have ingame achievements. I'd be curious to know if there will be some sort of way for other to see them on your profile, assuming we do get profile pages. Despite what Nintendo's said, we still don't know much about the online. I don't at all get what Reggies talking about with these "new" friend codes. If we make an account and can send friend requests, then friend codes technically don't exist anymore, unless being able to send friend requests is what he's referring to. Idk, we may have to wait a few months to put it all together.

#3 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

I told you! And i heard you laughing at me. Don't try to deny it. I heard you. Yes, My bod-
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#4 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

So basically this sounds like all achievements will have to be programmed directly into the game like with Brawl, rather than tied to your account. So basically... nothing's changed? <_<

Posted Image

#5 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

So basically this sounds like all achievements will have to be programmed directly into the game like with Brawl, rather than tied to your account. So basically... nothing's changed? <_<

Don't jump the gun. They were pretty in-specific. They could very well be connected to your account. However, it sounds like it will be totally optional for devs to have them (Unlike on XBL/PSN), so we won't see achievements like "ZOMG YOU KILLED YOUR FIRST ENEMY" :)

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Great!

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hmmm...... I'm still a bit worried about the online.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hmmm...... I'm still a bit worried about the online.

Yup, because 30 minute moderation and possible friendcodes. Other than that, not bad.
No sig.

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Yup, because 30 minute moderation and possible friendcodes. Other than that, not bad.

I have NEVER seen the problem with friendcodes. They're not much, if any different from Gamertags/usernames/whatever.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

So the Wii U itself will not feature achievements but some of its games might.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

Even if the achievements are only in game. I still love them as they can add lots of replay value and completion to a game.

#12 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Even if the achievements are only in game. I still love them as they can add lots of replay value and completion to a game.

I find systems like that of the Xbox or PS that display a score of sorts on your profile are more rewarding than just in game achievements.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

I find systems like that of the Xbox or PS that display a score of sorts on your profile are more rewarding than just in game achievements.

True, on my PS3 and Vita sometimes I just spend an entire play session trophy hunting because of their rewarding and addicting nature. I just love it when the icon pops up in the corner of the screen and makes the clink noise. Though I think the Xbox 360 has unlockable items for your avatar by getting certain achievements. Which I like more than Sony's trophy system as you are rewarded with something for getting achievements rather than just a rank, despite not owning a 360.

Edited by Firejonie, 11 June 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

I have NEVER seen the problem with friendcodes. They're not much, if any different from Gamertags/usernames/whatever.

They are not that bad, but gamertags are easier to remember, stuff like that.

The thing is, that with DS and Wii games, you had a different friendcore per game. The 3DS has just one friendcode, and I'm fine with that system, but adding gamertags will feel more personal.
No sig.

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

do you own a 360 or ps3, because friend codes are alot different than using gamertags and username.

#16 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

do you own a 360 or ps3, because friend codes are alot different than using gamertags and username

They are all identification devices.. New Iwata says that friend codes do not need to be inputed

Posted Image

#17 gomlkid

gomlkid

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

I don't mind if it has achievements..  I see no purpose at all. The only thing I care about is the online as a whole.

#18 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

I don't see why some people see achievements as something mandatory. It's an interesting extra but I prefer in-game rewards for doing things like collecting 100%, etc.
Posted Image

#19 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

I like the achievements but its not like a deal breaker for me if the Wii U doesn't have them, it'd be neat and cool if they did but if they don't its not like ill lose sleep over it

#20 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

I think is in the system, but the developers are not force to put it. I don't think is ingame achiviements.

Look what Reggie said in an interview:

"With Wii U, we’re going to have an account system. This means you’re going to create a Mii, as will all the other members of your family, and the behaviour for each Mii is going to be captured in an account. For example, if you’ve achieved a certain level in a game, that information will be unique to your Mii. Parental settings will be specific to each Mii.
This is critically important, because it means things like messaging and achievements and other key online functionality is tailored to you."
Source: http://www.theglobea...4256581/?page=2

See, the achievements will be put into your account.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!