#1 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

Lurking on Neogaf, I found this and... I hope it's.. bullcrap!
Post from a Neogaf user called "Bgassasin"-

Wsippel gave me the heads up on a very interesting post on B3D.

http://forum.beyond3....postcount=1248

Quote:
From what I hear (and I trust my source on this as reliable), the CPU chip in WiiU is almost certainly weaker than Xenon & Cell. Which is why some devs have outright refused to port their existing (in-development) PS360 games to it. I believe Nintendo indended the GPU compute support to make up the difference for their weak CPU choice, however the CPU performance is so bad that devs would be required to refactor their entire engines to get stuff working on the GPU instead, and for many dev that would be impossible on their current project schedules.

-------------------------------------------
Uh... Speculate! I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. You have these comments from developers saying that the Wii U is powerful but then you have these people with "Sources" on forums. I... I really don't want to be stuck with crappy hardware for yet another generation (2 gens with GC/PS2 FTW!)
So what do you think?

Edited by Reaper Pin, 11 June 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Wouldn't be surprised after all that we're hearing lately. What DOES confuse me though, is that wasn't there a dev a month or two ago that came out and said the Wii U had a "really great processor"?

Posted Image

#3 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Wouldn't be surprised after all that we're hearing lately. What DOES confuse me though, is that wasn't there a dev a month or two ago that came out and said the Wii U had a "really great processor"?

Yes, and this is the kind of crap that confuses me. I don't know.. I don't think we'll know anything about the Wii U's power until it's actually released. It's scary... and if Nintendo does indeed make the Wii U "On Par" with PS360... I think they might actually be doomed this time.

Edited by Reaper Pin, 11 June 2012 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

this is getting tiring. AS USUAL, anonymous devs talking the COMPLETE OPPOSITE from what known developers are openly saying. this is laughable, the pathetic lengths that haters go through to attack a system is ridiculous
Posted Image

#5 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

this is getting tiring. AS USUAL, anonymous devs talking the COMPLETE OPPOSITE from what known developers are openly saying. this is laughable, the pathetic lengths that haters go through to attack a system is ridiculous

Indeed maybe if these sources had a name I would care.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#6 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm getting tired of this...

#7 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'll wait till the official details from nintendo comes. I am getting Wii U either way; good graphics or bad graphics. I will even get it if it has 8-bit graphics. But sometimes, i can't stand bad graphics.EX: NSMBW with mario's blurry face
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#8 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Wii U = Pikmin 3 = Non Specific Action Figure Thumbs up!

#9 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

So your telling me that your not sure whether to believe named Devs, some of which have actually said this stuff on video, or whether to believe some random guy who claims he has a source. Sorry man, but if you can't make that decision for yourself, then I really can't help you. All I can say is wait for something official.
As for PS4, I wouldn't count on it being the suprior console. Sony said they weren't looking to do that this time around, and it's fairly obvious why with all of the major losses they've had this generation. While it could in fact be slightly stronger than Wiiu, I'm under the impression it'll be like comparing 360 to PS3. Sony has enough financial problems, they can't afford to make some super power house console that will only lose them money. From what we've heard, the 720 will proably be the power house of the next gen. Time for Microsoft to be the ones to post loses every year this gen, only unlike Sony, I don't think they'll be in as much trouble at the end of next generation.

Edited by andodel, 11 June 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

So your telling me that your not sure whether to believe named Devs, some of which have actually said this stuff on video, or whether to believe some random guy who claims he has a source. Sorry man, but if you can't make that decision for yourself, then I really can't help you. All I can say is wait for something official.
As for PS4, I wouldn't count on it being the suprior console. Sony said they weren't looking to do that this time around, and it's fairly obvious why with all of the major losses they've had this generation. While it could in fact be slightly stronger than Wiiu, I'm under the impression it'll be like comparing 360 to PS3. Sony has enough financial problems, they can't afford to make some super power house console that will only lose them money. From what we've heard, the 720 will proably be the power house of the next gen. Time for Microsoft to be the ones to post loses every year this gen, only unlike Sony, I don't think they'll be in as much trouble at the end of next generation.

well played
Posted Image

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hmm, believe the "UBER AMAZING TRUSTWORTHY SOURCES" saying negative crap, or the actual game developers saying nothing but good things about the console? I really do wonder. :rolleyes:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

If it comes from a unknown source, it's most likely to be bullcrap.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Rvaisse

Rvaisse

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, zelda,FF,mariooooo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

All i can say is BGassassin is quite known on Neogaf as a reliable source.
And it would explain the misunderstanding among the devs and sources, maybe the wii u has a weak cpu(compared to ps360) with a quite Good gpu.
If dev have to rebuild the core of the game because of the wii u cpu architechture, it would explain a lot.
But the first rumors about cafe were talking about an easy portability from xbox , what did happen?

Anyway ill buy wii u day one!
And ps4 day one! And xbox loop day one! ^^

And i dont think develloppers would say bad commentary about wii u hardware anyway... Do you really criticize your own boss in an interview?

When i hear dev saying "yes wii u is powerful, its more powerful than ps360"
I understand " wii u is more powerful than ps360, because its on par with ps360 at a graphical level, but more powerfull because it can output 720p to your tv and output another thing on the wiiu gamepad"

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
No sig.

#15 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

All i can say is BGassassin is quite known on Neogaf as a reliable source.
And it would explain the misunderstanding among the devs and sources, maybe the wii u has a weak cpu(compared to ps360) with a quite Good gpu.
If dev have to rebuild the core of the game because of the wii u cpu architechture, it would explain a lot.
But the first rumors about cafe were talking about an easy portability from xbox , what did happen?

Anyway ill buy wii u day one!
And ps4 day one! And xbox loop day one! ^^

And i dont think develloppers would say bad commentary about wii u hardware anyway... Do you really criticize your own boss in an interview?

When i hear dev saying "yes wii u is powerful, its more powerful than ps360"
I understand " wii u is more powerful than ps360, because its on par with ps360 at a graphical level, but more powerfull because it can output 720p to your tv and output another thing on the wiiu gamepad"

Uh, Nintendo is not their boss. It's not like Nintendo has assassins that will kill anyone who says bad things about the system (Regardless of what people try to tell you, they don't have Ninja assassins :/). If the devs truly thought it was an underpowered system, I think one of them would have the guts to come out and say so. At least they wouldn't be stupid enough to post info about it online, since they know people will just knock it off as a rumor.

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

At this rate it would be a console worth not more than $200, even though the controller is freaking awesome.

But it won't be this rate, because every other reliable source has confirmed it's a powerful console, including Regginator.
No sig.

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Lurking on Neogaf, I found this and... I hope it's.. bullcrap!
Post from a Neogaf user called "Bgassasin"-

Wsippel gave me the heads up on a very interesting post on B3D.

http://forum.beyond3....postcount=1248

Quote:
From what I hear (and I trust my source on this as reliable), the CPU chip in WiiU is almost certainly weaker than Xenon & Cell. Which is why some devs have outright refused to port their existing (in-development) PS360 games to it. I believe Nintendo indended the GPU compute support to make up the difference for their weak CPU choice, however the CPU performance is so bad that devs would be required to refactor their entire engines to get stuff working on the GPU instead, and for many dev that would be impossible on their current project schedules.

-------------------------------------------
Uh... Speculate! I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. You have these comments from developers saying that the Wii U is powerful but then you have these people with "Sources" on forums. I... I really don't want to be stuck with crappy hardware for yet another generation (2 gens with GC/PS2 FTW!)
So what do you think?

It's so easy to say "I know some reliable source". I mean, you and I can do it. The thing is, and keep it always in your mind, hate sounds louder that love. We hear from a major third party source that the Wii U is powerful, and we go like "mkay..." or even "Yay", but when we hear the bad news, we just go crazy and jump to some apocalyptic conclusion. This is why I never hate on the Internet... Also remember that Nintendo said it wants the hardcores back, and they know how to do it. Nintendo triumphed (hope I spelled it right) over Sega, Atari and now is in a better financial position than Microsoft and Sony. You know why? They were the most intelligent. Now what is easier to believe: "Wii U less powerful than current gens" from a "trusted" source, or "Wii U is a powerful machine" from known developpers? I'm not worried, and you shouldn't be.
Posted Image

#18 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, that post is complete bs, I've read wsippels posts in the past and he seems to just post random things to get attention.

Looking at clock speeds doesn't tell you the full power, and there's no way that the Wii U has a tri core PowerPC 750 cpu, that can't be clocked over 1Ghz. Also, we know that Nintendo's using a Power CPU in the console, so that totally debunks that alone.

Plus, bgAssassin reckons it's an OoOE chip rather than in order like the 360, Out of order execution (OoOE)chips can have lower clock speeds, and yet have a better performance than In order chips because they're more efficient. So someone's obviously just looked at most at the clock rate and thought that would be that.

But getting a PS4's your decision, I might get one in the future as well, nothing stopping me from getting both except for the matter of time and money.

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Know this:

Anytime you come across any rumor, wannabe "leak", etc. that says anything remotely like "the wii u CPU is weaker than current console CPUs, "wii u CPU is arely more powerful," Etc., it's what we call technically, a "big fat lie."

That's a fact.

#20 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Sigh...

Well as long as we get to try that Zelda tech demo than im happy
Posted Image