• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hey. I'm a wannabe game developer who goes by the name SolarLune. I'm currently working on a top-down Gameboy Color-style 3D action adventure title not unlike the retro portable Zelda titles named "Soldier Of". I took a break from that, though, to work on an FPS to finish in 7 days for the 7DFPS challenge that's currently going on.

Follow me on Twitter if you have an account and want to see the progress that I'm making.

Here are some pics.

Spoiler

I like to make music with the free cross-platform tracker SunVox, and I also like to attempt to make games (obviously, ha ha) with the free, cross-platform Blender Game Engine.

Nice to meet ya.

Edited by SolarLune, 12 June 2012 - 07:08 AM.

Follow me on Twitter or on my homepage to follow my game development progress. Thanks!

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Heya there. I recognise you from the 3DSForums.

I'm Auzzie Wingman btw lol. Welcome.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

hi baby, welcome to these forums.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Welcome to the forums!

#5 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

Yay! A new blenderer! I started blendering like 2-3 days ago. Check My blender work in the museum. Out and if you want to try a new game engine, use Unity or UDK. Model with blender, and then do the magic in your game engine.

Edited by The Huntsman, 12 June 2012 - 07:31 AM.

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#6 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thanks, everyone.
Follow me on Twitter or on my homepage to follow my game development progress. Thanks!

#7 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Oh and Btw. Your game looks awesome.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#8 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hey. Glad to see people using Blender. I saw that Pikmin you made. He's a bit flat (I think), but as far as I can tell, he's well proportioned.

I'm not really that much of a fan of Unity - too much money for the pro version, and the free version's too limiting. UDK is probably good, but it seems a bit heavy for my purposes.

And thanks!

Edited by SolarLune, 12 June 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#9 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hi and welcome to the forums, I'm also doing 3D graphics. I use Cinema 4D and 3DS Max though. Also use UDK as a game engine.

Check out my work in Hinkik's renderings.

28gxdv8.png

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Will you make games on the WiiU app store?

And Hi!!!

#11 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

@Hinkik - Thanks. I saw your graphics - you've got real skills!
@Sportsgamer - Ha ha, I wish. If they were willing to give individuals dev kits / software, then maybe. Something like XBL's Indie Games service, but a bit more cross-platform would be awesome.

Anyway, I also wanted to post a video of the progress of that 7DFPS thing I'm working on.

Edited by SolarLune, 12 June 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

It will probably be like Apples. But they could have bigger games.

#13 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

@Hinkik - Thanks. I saw your graphics - you've got real skills!
@Sportsgamer - Ha ha, I wish. If they were willing to give individuals dev kits / software, then maybe. Something like XBL's Indie Games service, but a bit more cross-platform would be awesome.

Anyway, I also wanted to post a video of the progress of that 7DFPS thing I'm working on.

This looks great! I would never be able to make such high quality games with blender!

Is there any enemies yet? Yeah I know, modeling, rigging and animating a character may be one of the harder things to do in a game.

28gxdv8.png

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Welcome to the Wii U Forums! Nice work you got there. :)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Thanks!
@Hinkik - I wasn't going to add enemies, actually - I was going for more of a Portal-esque puzzle FPS.

#16 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Welcome Im a member of 3dsforums too! :)

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hey Solar, I remember you from the 3DS Forums, I remember seeing your game there too and liking the look of it. How close are to finishing Soldier Of? I'd gladly pay for it if you brought it to Steam. :)

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Ha, I'd like to bring it to Steam if possible. I think Desura's easier to get your game into, so I would probably go for them first, but if Steam would allow it, I'd love to have Soldier Of there.

EDIT: Oh, and I was thinking of releasing Soldier Of in episodes (chunks). I'd hope that I could make the first one by the end of the year, but I'm not sure. It's kind of hard to get a definite time frame for game devving.

Edited by SolarLune, 13 June 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#19 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Ha, I'd like to bring it to Steam if possible. I think Desura's easier to get your game into, so I would probably go for them first, but if Steam would allow it, I'd love to have Soldier Of there.

EDIT: Oh, and I was thinking of releasing Soldier Of in episodes (chunks). I'd hope that I could make the first one by the end of the year, but I'm not sure. It's kind of hard to get a definite time frame for game devving.

I've never used Desura before but there's plenty of indie games on Steam so hopefully it's not too hard. You could release the future episodes as DLC.

Is Blender Game Engine easy to pick up? Why did you choose that over other engines?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#20 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, it was easy to pick up, at lesat to me. I chose it over other engines because it was easy, I suppose.

I started out with Game Maker years ago, and thought that the engine in Blender was just a toy, and wasn't really a 'real' game engine. So, I didn't really get into it. Then, for some reason, I just started to pick it up, and after I found out that you could program with Python, I started learning. At least, this is my memory of the whole thing, so I don't quite remember.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wannabe, game, developer, dev, intro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!