Photo

Iwata : The other companies online is to far developed for Nintendo to Catch up.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

http://www.computera...do-to-catch-up/

I don't like the sound of that ,

"Iwata answered by saying that current online gaming networks can't be replicated on the Wii U, and admitted the competition is too far ahead for Nintendo to catch up."

ugg this coupled with Reggie saying the wii U will have some form of Friendcodes is killing me right now . :(

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 13 June 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#2 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

I was never expecting the online to be as good as Microsoft or Sony. The Miiverse won't have some of the features that PSN or Live has, but it will have a new system that will be better than we have now and other things that the other companies don't have.

#3 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

Wii U hype after last year E3 - [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ]

Wii U hype today - [IIIIII ]

1367065580450s.jpg

#4 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yes, but he also said that the Wii U's online is taking a different approach then other companys.

#5 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hey guys! He said that trying to catch up with their online wouldnt be a smart strategy. This means that they don't want to do the same thing. They want to do it a different way. And as far as I know, the Miiverse is already bigger that what we currently have this gen. Am I right?

Yes, but he also said that the Wii U's online is taking a different approach then other companys.

Exactly.
Posted Image

#6 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hey guys! He said that trying to catch up with their online wouldnt be a smart strategy. This means that they don't want to do the same thing. They want to do it a different way. And as far as I know, the Miiverse is already bigger that what we currently have this gen. Am I right?

Exactly.

Still I care little for Miiverse I just want to be able to play lag free online but apparently that not a smart move by Nintendo so instead their main online things sounds like miiverse: a FAQ Board which is really what it is .
I know many of you are going to try to spend this in a positive light I just can't im saddened by this I mean what is so hard about trying to something similar to Playstations online.

I just don't understand I considering Sony online pretty barebones for online . The only things I can seem to think of is Its quality and performance during online play which isn't even saying to much .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 13 June 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#7 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Wow, way to highlight the most negative quote in the entire article there, CVG. -_-

If you read the article, Iwata talks about Miiverse being a "foundation to build Nintendo's online from". Miiverse is clearly already ahead of XBL and PSN in some ways. Improved upon, it could definitely become the most comprehensive and social-focused online network a console has ever had. We've already had confirmation of friends lists, messaging, full downloadable retail games, eShop, DLC capabilities, etc. The only bad information we have regarding Nintendo Network is that Reggie said "friend codes" would return in some form, and we have yet to find out what he meant exactly by that.

Don't worry about it guys. This article is just fishing for page views, like pretty much everyone in video game journalism does. The reality is much better than the title makes it seem. ^_^

Posted Image

#8 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Wow, way to highlight the most negative quote in the entire article there, CVG. -_-

If you read the article, Iwata talks about Miiverse being a "foundation to build Nintendo's online from". Miiverse is clearly already ahead of XBL and PSN in some ways. Improved upon, it could definitely become the most comprehensive and social-focused online network a console has ever had. We've already had confirmation of friends lists, messaging, full downloadable retail games, eShop, DLC capabilities, etc. The only bad information we have regarding Nintendo Network is that Reggie said "friend codes" would return in some form, and we have yet to find out what he meant exactly by that.

Don't worry about it guys. This article is just fishing for page views, like pretty much everyone in video game journalism does. The reality is much better than the title makes it seem. ^_^

I hoping your right because each time I force myself to convince myself to buy a wiiu these articles show up still what does he mean but not able to compete WHAT IS IT. I'm so sorry if im pissed it's still sounding like we are getting the same thing as wii and 3ds online wise where it truly matters the games .

#9 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

He meant that you could turn one of your "friends" into a "best friend" who you can video chat with and do other extra things with.

Edited by Nintendoes, 13 June 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#10 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Who said anything about lag? And Nintendo means that their online will have that main functions of PSN while differentiating itself.

Nobody but what else is Nintendo not able to do they did everything else in some form or another on the wii and 3ds that the only option remaining.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

I won't buy a Wii U for online anyway. As long as it has voice chat/video chat/direct messaging it's fine. Also the Mii 'twitter' thingy looks nice.
No sig.

#12 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

I won't buy a Wii U for online anyway. As long as it has voice chat/video chat/direct messaging it's fine. Also the Mii 'twitter' thingy looks nice.

I know I just want them to do the basics before trying to add all this special stuff. I feel like the skipping the cake and just laying icing on a plate.

Hopefully some positive news will come out because right now I feel like kicking a Nintendo employee in a groin don't matter who .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 13 June 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#13 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Look at the bright side. We never have to enter friend codes again!

#14 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Look at the bright side. We never have to enter friend codes again!

Don't even do that stupid joke ...................... This is taking a lot out of me this is the first console I have to hold a gun up to my head to convince myself to buy one because of this community and my friend.At this point I wished Nintendo just shut up and decided not to speak about the wiiu at all till 2 months till release time or less ...(I know that will be bad for advertising but I just am ...ug )

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 13 June 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#15 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Still I care little for Miiverse I just want to be able to play lag free online but apparently that not a smart move by Nintendo so instead their main online things sounds like miiverse: a FAQ Board which is really what it is .
I know many of you are going to try to spend this in a positive light I just can't im saddened by this I mean what is so hard about trying to something similar to Playstations online.

I just don't understand I considering Sony online pretty barebones for online . The only things I can seem to think of is Its quality and performance during online play which isn't even saying to much .

Lag free online is dependent on your internet connection. Sometimes I have perfect connection, other times its meh. It's dependent on your connection to the other users in the game. While they can do some things to help with this problem, very little can be done about it by the companies.

#16 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Didn't mean to offend. But Iwata did say we didn't have to enter codes any more. Which is a good sign.

#17 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Didn't mean to offend. But Iwata did say we didn't have to enter codes any more. Which is a good sign.

well I guess that good I thought you was making a joke about how reggie said we will have some form of friendcodes.

Lag free online is dependent on your internet connection. Sometimes I have perfect connection, other times its meh. It's dependent on your connection to the other users in the game. While they can do some things to help with this problem, very little can be done about it by the companies.

I'm talking about with stuff like Super Smash Bro's brawl lag which is the fault of the company and their networkings.

#18 Hoodbury

Hoodbury

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

I agree with the Lonely Koopa in a way. I just want lag free online gameplay and cheaters/modders to be prevented and banned/reported.

Online multiplayer on the Wii is hacked to pieces with no prevention systems in place or ability to ban those users. Wii U needs to prevent that from happening. Right now I don't really care for Miiverse since I won't be doing chat bubbles on the system. When I'm on the system I'll be playing games. I can chat enough on forums like this and other ones while I'm at work.

#19 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

I agree with the Lonely Koopa in a way. I just want lag free online gameplay and cheaters/modders to be prevented and banned/reported.

Online multiplayer on the Wii is hacked to pieces with no prevention systems in place or ability to ban those users. Wii U needs to prevent that from happening. Right now I don't really care for Miiverse since I won't be doing chat bubbles on the system. When I'm on the system I'll be playing games. I can chat enough on forums like this and other ones while I'm at work.

Also another thing they can do for cheaters/modders is what Rockstar is going to do for Max Payne 3. They will get all the known cheaters an put them in a "cheaters pool" where they can only play with other cheaters.

"Anyone found to have used hacked saves, modded games, or other exploits to gain an unfair advantage in Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, or to circumvent the leaderboards will be quarantined from all other players into a "Cheaters Pool", where they'll only be able to compete in multiplayer matches with other confirmed miscreants."

LordPickleton.png

#20 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Also another thing they can do for cheaters/modders is what Rockstar is going to do for Max Payne 3. They will get all the known cheaters an put them in a "cheaters pool" where they can only play with other cheaters.

"Anyone found to have used hacked saves, modded games, or other exploits to gain an unfair advantage in Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, or to circumvent the leaderboards will be quarantined from all other players into a "Cheaters Pool", where they'll only be able to compete in multiplayer matches with other confirmed miscreants."

I can just imagine a game where people are competing with their best hacks, so whoever has the best cheats wins lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!