why Miyamoto and Nintendo are the last standing

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Nintendo is the last true video game company making consoles. Not sony not microsoft. They are electronic companies first so their goal is to use their video game console to sell their other products. Nintendo has seen it all and are still standing tall. This quote by miyamoto sums up why I'm a nintendo fan and why they will always have my support and have my money.

http://mynintendonew...n-to-the-world/

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Nintendo will always be number 1. They completely lead the industry. If one generation, Nintendo doesn't make a console, I would LOVE to see the Sony and Microsoft consoles for that generation. Nintendo, in a league of its own.

Video games are supposed to be fun, not about graphics. Gamers are forgetting their purpose for picking up the controller and playing a game.

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

I love Miyamoto's loyalty and dedication to the video gaming world.
I have yet to see a developer who shares the same passion as he.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

He looked tired to me on stage, trying to force the "i'm having fun", but maybe that's just me.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

He looked tired to me on stage, trying to force the "i'm having fun", but maybe that's just me.

I guess he spent a lot of time preparing himself, staying up late hours and all. And don't forget that the man is getting old.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:36 AM.

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

Miyamoto and Nintendo in general are the best. They are my icons. Nintendo is the only company left that makes both platforms and games and nothing else (like Sony, MS etc.). And they have been doing that for, I don't know, over 30 years? They are that good.
No sig.

#8 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

A lot of people are saying in the future Sony might also turn into a gaming only company, wouldn't be shocked it is their most profitable area,

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

Miyamoto is clearly the only developer that wants to make fun games. :rolleyes:

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

A lot of people are saying in the future Sony might also turn into a gaming only company, wouldn't be shocked it is their most profitable area,

It is? 10 years ago sure, but I thought Sony's gaming division had become highly unprofitable once the PS3 was released... Are they finally making a profit from it now?

Posted Image

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

I think Valve fits the description better of "last true gaming company", but I believe there are many true gaming companies left. I know you were talking about console manufacturers, but with their distribution service they're the same type of company :)

Hi, I'm Gabe Newell, and I'm proud to announce our new game: Hat Life 3.

#12 Steve

Steve

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft has replaced all others...

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

And don't forget, they rid us of Sega crapsoles.
I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof, and incapable of error.

#13 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

It is? 10 years ago sure, but I thought Sony's gaming division had become highly unprofitable once the PS3 was released... Are they finally making a profit from it now?

They are making profit from the PS3 now and the gaming division is Sony's most profitable division while the TV division is the worst.

#14 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

You... You did NOT just say that, right? :angry:

Posted Image

#15 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

LOL but still, at the time where SEGA was still alive (unlike now), gaming was about having fun, not like now with the crapcore gamers addicted to shooters that say that Ninty sucks.
Posted Image

#16 darkknight41

darkknight41

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Nintendo will always be the best gaming company

#17 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Nintendo is the best but just cause the others isn't true video game companies just cause they sell other stuff is a bit <_<

Imo as long as a company makes video game consoles they are true too. And if we think just pure consoles Sony and Xbox is quite the same anyways. IMO it's just about the games.

Edited by Hinkik, 19 June 2012 - 09:45 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi, I'm Gabe Newell, and I'm proud to announce our new game: Hat Life 3.

What is that game about?

#19 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Nintendo has stood tall since September 23rd 1889. 123 years they have lasted. And sure it wasnt till the what late1980's with the NES they became a Video Game company but they have always been in the entertainment industry and gaming. Besides the taxi part of their business lol.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 19 June 2012 - 12:31 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#20 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Nintendo has stood tall since September 23rd 1889. 123 years they have lasted. And sure it wasnt till the what late1980's with the NES they became a Video Game company but they have always been in the entertainment industry and gaming. Besides the taxi part of their business lol.

Actually, they had a few consoles before that, and arcade games, but the consoles only came out in Japan until the NES, and even that came out in japan as the Famicom years before the rest of the world got it. It was the mid 70's when they started the console business, and their first arcade game was EVR Race. Even the game and watch came out before the NES.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!