Photo

What Games Have You Sunk The Most Hours Into?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Title says it all. What games have you spent so much time on that you neglected your social life? It can be from any console/handheld or PC. Hell it can be a mobile game for all I care.

1. Pokemon Blue (GameBoy)

I played this game so much when I was in elementary school it got ridiculous. I played it more than all my game boy games combined. At least 200 hours was put into this game by me.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)

My first N64 game and first Zelda game ever. This game turned me into a forever fan of the series. I beat the N64 version around 5 or 6 times and if you include the Master Quest and GameCube version and the 3DS version I spent around 200 hours in this game. I spent about 100 on the original version alone.

3. Legend of Dragoon (Playstation)

I only beat this game once, but played it up until disc 4 a few times. Each play thorough was around 50 hours. I sunk about 120 hours into this game and is still in my top 5 RPGs of all time.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask (Nintendo 64)

I played this game so many times just to explore its huge world and talk to all the characters and do all the side quests. Getting the fierce deity mask and using it against Majora was a high point in my gaming career. I sunk a good 80 hours into this game.

5. Metroid Prime (GameCube)

My favorite in the trilogy, my favorite GameCube game (even better than wind Waker for me) and beat it 5 times plus the wii version for a gameplay time at around 120 hours. Wonderful game.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

I didn't keep track of the exact hours, but I know I've played these the most. I played the PSP titles more than the Wii version

Monster Hunter - PS2 -

Monster Hunter Tri - Wii - 1,000+ hours

Monster Hunter Freedom - PSP -

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - PSP -

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - PSP -

LordPickleton.png

#3 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

It's like your a monster hunter fan or something ;p

I forgot to add Starcraft for PC. Easily 500 plus hours into that game with its addictive multiplayer and user created maps and games.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#4 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

Pokemon Emerald

Battlefield 3

28gxdv8.png

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

No particular order:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Pokemon FireRed
Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time
(Any Zelda game)

Probably more I just can't think of any more.

#6 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Out of the the top 3 most hours from least to greatest

1. Wind Waker - A year of everyday gaming on this one game alone trying to beat it. I was A begginer at Zelda so at first i didn't even know how to get the green get-up from links grandma and i got stuck on dragon roost island the longest after being caught dozens of times. Redeads were A big no no for me and had to resort to using bombs very carefully from A distance. I can say with no exaggeration that i probably played 800 hours of this game total from the first time i beat to the 7 play throughs later in life. *Goes off to play it again* Its what made me A zelda fan for awhile.

2.Metroid prime 2 Echoes - it wasn't my first metroid (Metroid II return of samus) but it was the first one i got into, The endless scanning didn't annoy but it was were i transferred from mindless play through and doing anything to win~ to ~ stopping and just taking everything in, The lore interested me and I started making well planned out decision (For A kid) especially for all those ruthless bosses. with the split-screen multy and the hard mode and replays id say 150 hours but if you include the trilogy on the wii then it'd be 155 hours 22 mins.

3. Super smash bros Melee - Tough choice between that and Pikmin but I realized that I only surpass Melee if I include hours total for both games so Melee it is. I played through the campaign so many times to get everything but unfortunately i never achived that :( got all the characters and stages but i never encountered giga bowser except for the challenge mode (beat that with luigi) So i can never say i 100% unlocked everything but include me playing myself and playing with my cousin (who is now 11 and only plays CoD xbox cause he hates Wii for no reason) on multiplayer. 90 hours.

1367065580450s.jpg

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

SUCH A GOOD GAME!!! :D

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 RnR

RnR

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

any Pokemon game...all the grinding thats involved always has me playing

any Smash Bros game

I'm not much of a side quest guy so once I beat the main story of a game I'm pretty much done with it unless there are side quests that really intrest me (an example would be Arkham City)

Edited by RnR, 20 June 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image

"Please remember, I'll dismember any member."
The "Help RnR Get a New 360" Fund was a complete success. Thank you all for the support.
Now I am starting the "Help RnR Get Recording Equipment" Fund, anything helps!
Current Amount of Donations: $0

#9 Steve

Steve

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft has replaced all others...

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

according to minecraft stats, almost a day, but that's not including the times I've used snapshots, or my other computer that I played many more hours on.
I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof, and incapable of error.

#10 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

I started to make a list from NES through now, but that would take forever and probably bore many of you. Here's my estimated top 6 hours played video games of all time (not in any particular order):

Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarica of Time
Super Smash Brothers

Wii Sports
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl
Mario Kart: Wii

The the N64 games are because I was between the ages of 9 and 12, a time when I was pretty much free to game as I pleased in between school and sports. SSB also had a revival in college. We would play SSB on N64 non-stop until SSBB came out.

I was much busier in high school, which is why no Gamecube games made the cut.

Wii came out while I was in college, and we (my roommates, friends, and I) absolutely dominated Wii Sports, SSBB, and MK Wii. Hardcore local multiplayer action, lol.

Edited by Fig, 20 June 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#11 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Super Smash Bros Brawl - By far the game I have played the most, put about 1,000 hours into that game. I have played over 10,000 matches (and still counting). I love it so much.
Pokémon Fire Red - I just got a few days ago so I have only played it for 20 hours so far.
Pokémon Yellow - Played it for about 100 hours.
Twilight Princess - Played over 250 hours of that game. This my all time favorite game. I have a passion for this game. I love this game even more than Brawl.
Super Mario 64 (and SM64DS) - I have no idea. A lot.
I can't think of too many right now... I know I've got more. When I play a game, I take my time with it rather than rush, so I've got lengthy amount of times on all the game I have played.

Edited by Link, 20 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#12 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Brawl and Skyward sword.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#13 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

Fallout 3, Fallout NV, any MGS, almost all mario and LOZ games

Oh and Brawl
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Im going to lump the pokemon games together, i only played up to 3rd gen but racked up over 350 hours in ruby alone and then easily 600-700 in Red and Blue with the multiple replays

Then in the NHl 2k series for Wii (2k9, 2k10, 2k11) i combined for over 1000 hours

and then Super Smash Bros. Brawl i got almost 400 hours

and then Ive played thru Zelda Ocarina of Time many times

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Pokemon.

#16 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

super smash bros brawl

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, Monster Hunter Tri is up there in high, unhealthy doses. One time played from afternoon to morning. (You forget what time looks like).

Samurai Warriors Chronicles is up there. Clocked up 300+ hours on that one.

I've been continually playing Wonder Boy III and Dragon's Fury on Wednesday Retro Nights for years. I've lost count, but collectively more than Monster Hunter Tri.

I think Final Fantasy Tactics is another title with ungodly hours. Threads of Fate as well.

BUT...

I think the one game I played more than any of those has been Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. GO LEVEL-5!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 Bootortle

Bootortle

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    All of Nintendo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

I've spent 731 hours in Pokemon White. I'm not sure what comes after that... My top are all probably Pokemon. I know I have played plenty of Super Smash Bros. Brawl as well. I look into more depth after this; it's really making me think.
Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

#19 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

Over 1000 hours in CSS and almost 900 in L4D2.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#20 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Honestly, I put many hours into so many games that by now, I have lost track of them all. I'll try anyway, though.

Pokemon Diamond
Diddy Kong Racing
OoT
Ratchet and Clank 3
Pokemon FireRed
Banjo-Kazooie
Any non-Sunshine Mario platformer
Super Smash Bros.
Wii Sports, amazingly enough
League of Legends
Awesomenauts
Super Mario RPG
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart (except Super)
Mario Power Tennis
Super Mario Strikers
Pikmin. All of it.
I want to say Ace Attorney, but it's only a lot if you combine all the games.
MapleStory
Dungeon Fighter Online
Team Fortress 2

I haven't much of a social life.

Edited by Jakester897, 21 June 2012 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!