#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

“From my perspective I do not understand the public’s concerns that the Wii U is weaker than PS3 and 360. That I cannot see. From my perspective the Wii U is minimum as powerful as Xbox 360.”

source

http://www.computera...ul-as-xbox-360/

also... if you didnt noticed..

"respected developer" is working on a CryEngine 3 title for the Nintendo platform.

CRYENGINE 3 confirmed for wii u!

Edited by Stormage09, 20 June 2012 - 08:33 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

POPULAR

It's because of fanboys, and ANONYMOUS developers.
How doesn't he understand that?

Hi CUD.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

So if you DOUBTERS on this site actually read between the lines like I have been saying. He basically said in that interview the Wii U is already running a next gen engine. But I'm sure that isn't good enough for you guys.

Edited by TRON, 20 June 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#4 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

So if you DOUBTERS on this site actually read between the lines like I have been saying. He basically said in that interview the Wii U is already running a next gen engine. But I'm sure that isn't good enough for you guys.

Cryengine 3 runs on both PS3 and 360 downscaled. It's not next gen. Call me when they say frostbite 2 or unreal 4.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

Cryengine 3 runs on both PS3 and 360 downscaled. It's not next gen. Call me when they say frostbite 2 or unreal 4.

frostbite 2 is almost confirmed, ps3 -360 can run it and in E32011 the ceo of EA said "imagine battlefield 3" on the nintendo platform... etc etc
Posted Image

#6 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

frostbite 2 is almost confirmed, ps3 -360 can run it and in E32011 the ceo of EA said "imagine battlefield 3" on the nintendo platform... etc etc

Some things will never be enough. There are a lot of fake Nintendo fans on this site. Mark my words when it's revealed wii u will run next gen engines another pointless I have to wait and buy a wii u because.... Pull something out there a$$

Did he say a downscaled version of cry engine is running on wii u. Ha! Read between the lines people

#7 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

engine can always be tweaked to run on anything guys.. UE4 has been said to run on tablets and phones, why not wii u <_<

just be patient and wait for some more games come out for us to judge...
urhhh.. potatoes?

#8 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

about frostibe 2..

min 1:00:00

Posted Image

#9 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Keyword: Downscaled

#10 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Some will never understand. I will leave this here for fake fans and doubters.

But the main thing you guys gotta understand is that parts as weak as the ones in the PS3 and 360 don't even EXIST anymore. Nintendo couldn't make the Wii U on-par with the 360 even if they TRIED. Technology that old is virtually non-existent now, and it would cost Nintendo more to request the production of parts that weak than it would for them to just go ahead and buy stronger parts.

#11 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

This is good news.

#12 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

Great news. I never doubted this anyway. I just worry about how much more powerful it is than Xbox 360. CryEngine 3 already runs on PS3/360, so it's not surprising or too exciting at all that it runs on Wii U.

Posted Image

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Great news. I never doubted this anyway. I just worry about how much more powerful it is than Xbox 360. CryEngine 3 already runs on PS3/360, so it's not surprising or too exciting at all that it runs on Wii U.

Once again a scaled down version runs on ps360. Maybe wii u is getting the next gen treatment

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

I agree that cryengine 3 is running in the current down scaled.. But also if u search iwatas interview.. he says that the system have GPUS not gpu. That means, each controller runs with each own gpu. Also in NEOGAF I read that the included gpu inside the screen controller is locked and when the time comes, nintendo will unlock it.. Probably we may see a small boost in graphics? if that true.

Edited by Orion, 20 June 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#15 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

I agree that cryengine 3 is running in the current down scaled.. But also if u search iwatas interview.. he says that the system have GPUS not gpu. That means, each controller runs with each own gpu.

So wii u gamepads have gpu's? What does that mean exactly? I that better then them having cpu's in them or worse.

#16 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

I will only be impressed with the PS4 and 720 if they will be able to have mods like the PC.

LordPickleton.png

#17 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

I agree that cryengine 3 is running in the current down scaled.. But also if u search iwatas interview.. he says that the system have GPUS not gpu. That means, each controller runs with each own gpu. Also in NEOGAF I read that the included gpu inside the screen controller is locked and when the time comes, nintendo will unlock it.. Probably we may see a small boost in graphics? if that true.

Ok disregard my last question

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

UE4 also runs on xbox360 and ps3 downscaled. call me when u actually know something about technology
Posted Image

#19 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

A lot of people aren't reading the site, to those people "minimum" means the Wii U can do everything the 360 can do and more.

#20 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

A lot of people aren't reading the site, to those people "minimum" means the Wii U can do everything the 360 can do and more.

The true doubters won't let that's top them from doubting. I guess that's on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!