#21 themoth2112

themoth2112

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Music

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:33 AM

The only reason Nintendo would make you pay for online is if they had their own servers to take care of, Nintendo even said that this wasn't the case and that they want the game developers to take care of that side of the Wii U.
Which is what the Ps3 is doing.
Stupid people do stupid things
Smart people outsmart each other.

#22 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

Look at this: http://www.operation...ictionsdetails/
What do you think?

Hmm, I think this might be in the wrong section.

Edited by Pong, 11 October 2011 - 11:37 AM.

#23 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

It would be quite interesting to have cross-platform multiplayer games but I doubt it will happen.
I'm not really sure how it will work but it seems to me it would be quite the hassle to tie together all these different machines into one network. (I have no Idea how it works so if it's not difficult then pay no mind to what I said).

Plus I believe there would be some balance issues at hand when considering the control schemes of the three consoles some of them, for example: The Wiimote and Move give quite an advantage over Dual analogue. But then again the move will most likely be a feature of the PS4 and maybe the Xbox 720 will also get a similar control scheme (I'm not quite sure kinect would be that great for FPS). But yeah those are just my thoughts...

Interesting read though.
Posted Image

#24 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:36 AM

Hey, the author of the article isn't Emily Rogers, so I am inclined to believe.
Also, it doesn't really sound far-fetched when compared to what EA have been saying all along.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#25 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

Sounds about right to me. (That's about all I can say, I'm not as 'technologically inclined' as most other people are.)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#26 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Valve's already done it with Portal 2 and will be doing it again with CS:GO. Although I think it's PC/Mac/PS3 only right now. I could see Wii U being added to that list, and possibly Linux if Valve ever makes a Linux version of Steam (you can run Steam through Wine, it's just laggy), but definitely not anything Microsoft besides PC.

#27 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

That sounds like the perfect online system in my opinion. Let's hope it happens.
Posted Image

#28 popmanw

popmanw

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

I think the new Nintendo Wii U hardware needs to support some kind of online network, much like how Sony has the PlayStation Network (PSN) and Microsoft has Windows Live ID for XBOX Live. The problem with the current Nintendo WFC system is the silly friend code sharing, and lack of on-line services including chat, player stats and game updates. With such a network, this could be solved.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Nintendo have a little online network built into their website called Club Nintendo. Here, you can enter codes from game cases to earn star points. You can then trade in star points for gifts, or convert them into Nintendo Points to use on Wii, DSi or 3DS virtual consoles etc. This could be extended to support such an online network, like Club Nintendo Network (CNN).

We can then have in-game awards/trophies, player statistics and major game updates. It would also be easier to play online with people, join in games and chat. Nintendo do not seem to like this new era of wifi gaming, but if they implement a good parental controls system as well, I am sure all this new tech (for them) would be feasible.

>> What do you think ?

#29 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:39 AM

PSN and XBoxLive are great because they were built and maintained by people who actually had an advanced understanding of online community, more than likely being outsourced for bits and pieces.

Nintendo, being Nintendo, tried to D.I.Y, and unlike Wario's DSIware, the Nintendo Wi Fi Connection was a flop.

Don't worry though, Nintendo learnt their lesson. Such a thing hasn't come to the 3DS, and with what EA likes to lark on about the Wii U, I don't expect anything of that shocking calibre on it either.

Nintendo do not seem to like this new era of wifi gaming

*DS Download Play
*Streetpass
*WiiConnect24
*Wii Remote
*Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#30 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Well Nintendo already said that they wont do the friend code thing with the WiiU and that they will do something to take its place. Thus the only thing that it could be would be something like a XBox live or a PlayStation Network. And actually I heard that EA is helping them on its development. Now they also did say that it is not their main focus but I am sure that they wont disappoint us.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#31 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

This could be extended to support such an online network, like Club Nintendo Network (CNN).

(CNN) will sued by the television network, think of a better name. Hopefully it's not club nintendo because I don't even use that.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 01 January 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#32 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

Well I'm hoping for somethig like the 360s network, just less nerds that think they're better than you at everything <_<

Posted Image

#33 Dant

Dant

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

All Nintendo needs is a solid infrastructure and much better matchmaking and a better friend system. Of course I do hope the rumors of Nintendo and Valve working together are true.

#34 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Nintendo Stream still sounds amazing to me

#35 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid, Mario

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

They said it was supposed to be good I hope.

We hope too! That's the right sort of input man ;) I feel better knowing it will be good!

That would be a nice touch. It would really create a nice connected Nintendo Network of sorts. Although I currently don't have anybody on my 3DS friends list anyways. Posted Image

Nintendo have so many options in producing a totally badass online system, we are just blinded by what is currently working out there at the moment (PSN XBox Live). Using this as the 'standard' is shallow, there are possibilities beyond what I can fathom..am sure they will make good things happen, they have to! The Wii U is the biggest shift Nintendo have had to make against the competition(arguably besides the Wii). This idea you have means that a Nintendo Network is possible, not like just a brand community but what encompasses everything Nintendo. With the Wii U for the gamers 'taking the next step', that means it won't be aimed totally at family and available for everyone, it is tailored for the current time gamer. Networking will totally be online. I honestly can't wait to see how well they manage all this...

Nintendo said it would be flexible, but I doubt friend codes are going anywhere. What I would like to see though is a better eShop

When you say flexible, what do you mean? Like, offering different methods of play for different people? Or just highly accessible medium when the online is concerned?

Since were on the top of online...

What would you do if you have to pay for Wii U online?!

Personally, I switch over to PS3.

Naah, unless the network was shoddy, I wouldn't have an issue paying. At all.
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#36 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Nintendo Stream still sounds amazing to me

This.

Stream or Cafe or WUN (Wii U Network) or NWN (Nintendo Wii U Network) or just NN (Nintendo Network)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#37 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

I'm thinking of using your Club Nintendo account as a "gamertag" and that way you can get "coins" with some sort of "achievements".

That's what I've thought ever since CN launched in the States. And especially with the start of redeeming coins for DLC, I think that's how they'll do it.

#38 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

The club nintendo thing is a good idea actually :laugh:

Posted Image

#39 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

The club nintendo thing is a good idea actually :laugh:

Just as long as its not called CNN then people would get the wrong idea :laugh:

Posted Image

#40 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Just as long as its not called CNN then people would get the wrong idea :laugh:

:o NoCN :laugh: Network of Club Nintendo!! ORR!! NoN Network of Nintendo!! or we could just keep it as Nintendo Wi-fi...

Edited by GeneralCraezy, 05 January 2012 - 01:02 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!