#1 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nearly all Nintendo franchises

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

There is no doubt that I will be purchasing this game. However, there are some concerns that I have with the game. How it will make itself different enough from previous installments, notably its Wii counterpart. Sure, there is the GamePad that will make platforms appear, but is that all the player with the GamePad can do? Surely, there will be more things revealed. The backgrounds look amazing and creative though! An obvious visual jump has been made too with its crisp visuals. Anyway, I am excited for this game along with other Wii U titles!  What are your thoughts or comments on the game? Let me know!  

bros u.jpg

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Best Wii U title so far, period. And I have two words for ya: Baby Yoshi.

It's probably my favourite character, because of its appearance in SMW, which is my favourite game of all time. This game borrows so much inspiration from SMW that it should have been NSMW! So that's my only concern with it so far... They should have gotten rid of the flagpole and bricks and replace them with goals and turn blocks. Heck, even the overworld concept of SMW returns!

But no reason for me to buy it at launch. My dad will probably wait a year and then buy it, along with this game.
No sig.

#3 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

Best Wii U title so far, period. And I have two words for ya: Baby Yoshi.

It's probably my favourite character, because of its appearance in SMW, which is my favourite game of all time. This game borrows so much inspiration from SMW that it should have been NSMW! So that's my only concern with it so far... They should have gotten rid of the flagpole and bricks and replace them with goals and turn blocks. Heck, even the overworld concept of SMW returns!

But no reason for me to buy it at launch. My dad will probably wait a year and then buy it, along with this game.

You know, I never realized the similarities it had to Super Mario World!

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Im going to get this game but i dont like how lazy they were on it, looks just like new super mario bros wii.... and the ability to use just the gamepad to play is undercut by the fact that they are releasing a super mario bros game on the 3ds

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

You know, I never realized the similarities it had to Super Mario World!

Diagonal mountains, rotating Boo Buddies..
No sig.

#6 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

I am definitely buying this game. I have played every Mario game Nintendo has ever released (Including Mario is Missing, Mario Teaches Typing, and other obscure titles. Helps to have been born in the 80's...) so I see no reason to stop now. I have the same concerns as you do. I mean, there must be more the Wii U Game Pad than just creating platforms. I thought being Player 2 in Super Mario Galaxy was bad, but this appears to be worse.

Then again, maybe it'll be fun? I don't know. Won't know until I play it.

Edited by King_Bowser_Koopa, 27 June 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Seems legit.

#8 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

I am definitely buying this game. I have played every Mario game Nintendo has ever released (Including Mario is Missing, Mario Teaches Typing, and other obscure titles. Helps to have been born in the 80's...) so I see no reason to stop now. I have the same concerns as you do. I mean, there must be more the Wii U Game Pad than just creating platforms. I thought being Player 2 in Super Mario Galaxy was bad, but this appears to be worse.

Then again, maybe it'll be fun? I don't know. Won't know until I play it.

Exactly, only time will tell!

Diagonal mountains, rotating Boo Buddies..

I really don't know how I missed this.

#9 Chris

Chris

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

I've always had at least ONE Mario title for all my Nintendo systems so I'll be getting Mario Bros. U on day 1. The game reminds me of Super Mario World, which was one of my all time favorite titles, so I can't pass the game up no matter what! :)

The World Map has that SMW feel and I can't wait to "play" w/ all the Baby Yoshi!

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1332-9041-3756

Feel free to add me as a Friend! c:

#10 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

I've always had at least ONE Mario title for all my Nintendo systems so I'll be getting Mario Bros. U on day 1. The game reminds me of Super Mario World, which was one of my all time favorite titles, so I can't pass the game up no matter what! :)

The World Map has that SMW feel and I can't wait to "play" w/ all the Baby Yoshi!

You and me both!

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Exactly, only time will tell!

I really don't know how I missed this.

Plus, wasn't SMW a launch game too?

Amen bro!
No sig.

#12 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

I want my level editor and online co-op :(

28gxdv8.png

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Yeah, that would make the ultimate Mario game...

They want to extend NSMB2s replay value with coins and DLC, which is fine. But level editors would be the PERFECT way to extedn replay value. It would be literally endless.
No sig.

#14 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Plus, wasn't SMW a launch game too?

Amen bro!

Yes it was! I think it was bundled with Super Mario All Stars! I still have my original bundle.

THAT would be interesting! Especially a level editor!

Edited by Edrick, 28 June 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

(They're throwing in Reznor as a mini boss again in NSMB2, so that shows even more love for the game.. and Bowsers clowncopter.) I hope to see some more references, but most important of all, I can't wait to explore that overworld <3
No sig.

#16 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

(They're throwing in Reznor as a mini boss again in NSMB2, so that shows even more love for the game.. and Bowsers clowncopter.) I hope to see some more references, but most important of all, I can't wait to explore that overworld <3

Me too!

#17 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

I hope the similarities to Super Mario World include the branching paths, and not just be 8 worlds and a huge expansive world. But if this is just another 2D Mario platformer I will be happy for the most part.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#18 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

I was hoping that it would have randomly generated levels like cloudberry kingdom
Posted Image

#19 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Just downloaded Super Mario World on the Virtual Console, and as far as I know, if they're getting back to SMW's style, then it will be awesome. I wasn't really into Super Mario sidescrollers until NSMB Wii. My main problem was that ridiculously easy final fight.
*********SPOILERS ALERT*********
Then came the Wii game that blew me away with its level design and the final fight, when giant Bowser in rage mode chases Mario. I dunno, but Nintendo seems to have understood what to do for real to please us.
Posted Image

#20 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I hope the similarities to Super Mario World include the branching paths, and not just be 8 worlds and a huge expansive world. But if this is just another 2D Mario platformer I will be happy for the most part.

That would be great idea! Half of the fun I had playing Super Mario World was finding all the alternate paths!

Just downloaded Super Mario World on the Virtual Console, and as far as I know, if they're getting back to SMW's style, then it will be awesome. I wasn't really into Super Mario sidescrollers until NSMB Wii. My main problem was that ridiculously easy final fight.
*********SPOILERS ALERT*********
Then came the Wii game that blew me away with its level design and the final fight, when giant Bowser in rage mode chases Mario. I dunno, but Nintendo seems to have understood what to do for real to please us.

Yeah, Bowser caught me off guard first time he was chasing me!

I was hoping that it would have randomly generated levels like cloudberry kingdom

That could be cool! The experience wouldn't be the same every time!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Super Mario Bros U, thoughts, impressions, Wii U, launch title

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!