• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#1 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

The title explains it all. This is the countdown thread for the launch of the Wii U in all major regions. This starting post will not be updated, just every day with a new post we will countdown leading to launch, anyone is welcome to countdown and share their excitement and hype for the launch of the Wii U. At this time of posting no release dates are known for any region so this can just currently be a thread about talking about the Wii U launch, game launch lineup and general hype.When release dates are announced that is when the countdowns for each region will start I would like this thread to be pinned in this section, so when the launch days are announced this thread will not be forgotten at the bottom of other topics just in case nobody decides to post, so we can start the countdown. Also I am just going to leave this song here because it makes the most sense for a countdown, fun fact, I listened to this song every day for the three weeks before the 3DS launched.

The Final Countdown

Edited by Firejonie, 27 June 2012 - 09:29 AM.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! BADADABBBBBBABABAAAA!

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Ohmigosh! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WII U WII WII U WII U!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nearly all Nintendo franchises

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Can't wait!

#5 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

We need an arrested development video on here.

#6 Tekno

Tekno

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft, MMO's, Paper Mario,

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

OMIGAAAAAAWWWWSSSSSSHHH LETS DO DIS TING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#7 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

We need an arrested development video on here.

One of the greatest shows ever to be on TV, cant wait for Season 4 to come out :D

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 27 June 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#8 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

One of the greatest shows ever to be on TV, cant wait for Season 4 to come out :D

Haha, I was thinking one of Gob's magic shows with the final countdown playing, but this is just as good. I can't wait for season 4 either! Though this is a bit off topic from the original post ;)

Edited by jono, 27 June 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Also, just to remind mods and admins, I was wondering if this thread could be pinned just in case there is no posting for a while because no release date is known. It is pretty much guaranteed that this thread will pick up more steam when release dates are confirmed. That is why I would like this thread to be pinned.

Bump, just to make sure this thread is not forgotten.

Edited by Firejonie, 28 June 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

We don't even have a release date. Therefore, I label it as irrelevant.
No sig.

#11 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Recreate this sweet thread once we get a release date :)

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Tell-ya what. I'll keep this thread bookmarked, and once we get a release date I'll pin it.
Posted Image

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Tell-ya what. I'll keep this thread bookmarked, and once we get a release date I'll pin it.

Thanks! Are you going to pin it when a release date is announced for any region? So for example if Japan gets their release date but no release date is announced for anywhere else this thread will be pinned?

#14 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

Thanks! Are you going to pin it when a release date is announced for any region? So for example if Japan gets their release date but no release date is announced for anywhere else this thread will be pinned?

Release dates will most likely be simultaneously announced.

Posted Image

#15 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Ohmigosh! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WII U WII WII U WII U!

that was really scary cause there was an ambulance that was driving past me when I read wii u wii u wii u since that sounds exactly like the siren in sweden.

28gxdv8.png

#16 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

that was really scary cause there was an ambulance that was driving past me when I read wii u wii u wii u since that sounds exactly like the siren in sweden.

Are you sure it wasn't me. I was so excited, I travelled all around the world. I did go to Sweden!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

I have come up with a alternate meaning for the Final Countdown songs lyrics involving the Wii U by me. Call me crazy or obsessive about doing this comparisons but when they say we are leaving Earth, it's like the transition from Wii to Wii U. When they say We're heading for Venus, it's like going to the Wii U. When they say things to be found it's like all the new games and things that will be announced in the coming years ahead. Finally, when they say we'll miss her so, it's like we've moved on, but still will always enjoy the Wii. I think deeper into things when I'm bored ok? I apologize in advance if anyone thinks I'm crazy or obsessive for linking the lyrics to another meaning

Edit more comparisons.

We're leaving together: The thousands of people buying on launch day.

But still it's farewell: Moving from the Wii to Wii U.

Maybe we'll come by: Going back and playing the Wii.

We're leaving ground: When there's only about a week left until the launch.

Countdown: Obviously the wait until launch and how much time is left.

Will things ever be the same again?: The new technology and how it will change gaming.

The music itself: The hype of the launch. Large and awesome.

Edited by Firejonie, 16 July 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#18 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Pinned, as promised. :)
Posted Image

#19 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Ahhhhh!!! This is getting me so hyped.. Anyone remember the exact amount of days left? So I can start making poster :D

#20 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Ahhhhh!!! This is getting me so hyped.. Anyone remember the exact amount of days left? So I can start making poster :D

They have the countdown here for US folks: http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/ It should come up after the karaoke game ad.

The Joestars always have a strategy. And that is to...
RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: launch, wii u, countdown, thread, hype

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!