#1 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nearly all Nintendo franchises

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

It was confirmed at E3 that Olimar is not going to be a playable character, and it is a "secret" what has happened to him. What do you think happened? I personally think that maybe Olimar retired. Or maybe was stranded on the Earth and maybe this family of new characters came to save him. And what about Louie and the President? Oh well. The best we can do is wait for more details. But in the meantime, lets speculate. What do you think happened to Olimar, Louie, and the President?

president.jpg olimar.jpg

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

He probably will be playable at a certain time of the game.

#3 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

Olimar was eaten by a group of rabid Pikmin.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

Turns out he's the final boss of Pikmin 3.

http://totallynottru...getyouright.com

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Turns out he's the final boss of Pikmin 3.

http://totallynottru...getyouright.com

That would be an awesome twist!

Olimar was eaten by a group of rabid Pikmin.

That's how I want to go down.

He probably will be playable at a certain time of the game.

I hope he is, even though it won't make the gameplay any different. Oh well, I guess he'll be there for fans or something.

#6 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'd imagine he somehow got stranded on Earth, and his family (You do see his wife) are coming to rescue him.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

I swear I saw Olimar in the Pikmin 3 demo

#8 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

It really does make me sad he's not the lead Captain. I hope this doesn't get him kicked off SSB4's roster in favour of these new guys.
Posted Image

#9 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

I swear I saw Olimar in the Pikmin 3 demo

That's what I thought too, but he really isn't in the game as far as we know. Here is a picture of the family of new characters in the game.

Pikmin_3_characters.png

It really does make me sad he's not the lead Captain. I hope this doesn't get him kicked off SSB4's roster in favour of these new guys.

I sure hope so! Believe it or not, I am actually pretty good with him in Brawl.

I'd imagine he somehow got stranded on Earth, and his family (You do see his wife) are coming to rescue him.

That could happen. I'd like to imagine that these new characters are relatives of Olimar.

#10 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

This is what Olimar's wife looks like. So I think the Pink haired girl maybe a new character. Or maybe his daughter all grown up but I doubt that since she had blond hair.
Posted Image
Apparently the males on Hocotate are attracted to females that look like themselves only dressed in drag.
Posted Image

#11 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

This is what Olimar's wife looks like. So I think the Pink haired girl maybe a new character. Or maybe his daughter all grown up but I doubt that since she had blond hair.
Posted Image
Apparently the males on Hocotate are attracted to females that look like themselves only dressed in drag.

Haha, apparently! Also, the pink haired character looks a little grumpy now that I look at it. And the youngest boy with the blue hair looks a little like Olimar.

Edited by Edrick, 28 June 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#12 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Yeah the little guy definitely shares similarities with the good Ol' Captain but I'm thinking it has more to do with the artistic style Pikmin uses for its' Humanoid characters. It could very well be his son as they could have just changed his hair colour to match the clothes he wore in Pikmin 2, but then that would completely destroy any chances of the girl being his daughter as the two of them were close in age. But it does seem like it's hinting that they're Olimar's family being that two of the characters share the colour of his son and daughter (Yellow, pink, blue and green respectively).

I'm really just over thinking things though and they're most likely all just new employees that Olimar hired after he took over Hocotate freight considering the president was a horrible business man.

Actually now that I think about it a bit more, Olimar's daughter could just be really tall and his son really short. Nintendo loves to have really big differences in sizes when it comes to siblings. She's probably younger then him too, Sort of how like Louie was basically Mario's luigi she could be Olimar's son's luigi.

Edited by Garolymar, 28 June 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yeah the little guy definitely shares similarities with the good Ol' Captain but I'm thinking it has more to do with the artistic style Pikmin uses for its' Humanoid characters. It could very well be his son as they could have just changed his hair colour to match the clothes he wore in Pikmin 2, but then that would completely destroy any chances of the girl being his daughter as the two of them were close in age. But it does seem like it's hinting that they're Olimar's family being that two of the characters share the colour of his son and daughter (Yellow, pink, blue and green respectively).

I'm really just over thinking things though and they're most likely all just new employees that Olimar hired after he took over Hocotate freight considering the president was a horrible business man.

It'd be really interesting if it were his family members! If the ship talks in this game (like in Pikmin 2) it could have some references to previous games or funny interaction with the characters. Maybe the ship will be a jerk and will constantly compare them to Olimar or something. I don't know, these are just some ideas haha! It could be possible that the daughter is younger and that the son is older.

Edited by Edrick, 28 June 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#14 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

It'd be really interesting if it were his family members! If the ship talks in this game (like in Pikmin 2) it could have some references to previous games or funny interaction with the characters. Maybe the ship will be a jerk and will constantly compare them to Olimar or something. I don't know, these are just some ideas haha!

I really do hope each captain keeps a journal of everything you collect like in Pikmin two. I loved reading Olimar's thoughts on the bugs and treasures and thinking about what Louie's recipes would taste like. It was a great way to give Olimar character and It would make it a lot easier to love these guys if they flesh themselves out through Journals.
Posted Image

#15 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

I really do hope each captain keeps a journal of everything you collect like in Pikmin two. I loved reading Olimar's thoughts on the bugs and treasures and thinking about what Louie's recipes would taste like. It was a great way to give Olimar character and It would make it a lot easier to love these guys if they flesh themselves out through Journals.

It might sound crazy, but PIkmin 1 had better character development than Pikmin 2. At the end of each day in the first game, Olimar would describe his day of progress. He actually felt for the Pikmin. He was actually horrified whenever the Pikmin died and he was always saying he will not give up hope to see his family again. In Pikmin 2, all you do is go back to the planet to repay a debt. That's about it. But they really expanded on gameplay in the second one, though!

#16 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

It might sound crazy, but PIkmin 1 had better character development than Pikmin 2. At the end of each day in the first game, Olimar would describe his day of progress. He actually felt for the Pikmin. He was actually horrified whenever the Pikmin died and he was always saying he will not give up hope to see his family again. In Pikmin 2, all you do is go back to the planet to repay a debt. That's about it. But they really expanded on gameplay in the second one, though!

Yeah his monologues in the first one were great. I especially loved the ones where he talked about how worried that he might never see his family again and such. Though I'd see them being able to do the Pikmin 2 Journal style of Characterization more effectively considering each Captain can have his own say. Pikmin 1's Diary worked well because it was only Olimar while Pikmin 2 had the Ship, Olimar and Louie so that's why I mentioned Pikmin 2's method.
Both were really great though.

I'm also hoping the closing Cinematic is as awesome as Pikmin 2's. I still get chills because it's so awesome.

Edited by Garolymar, 28 June 2012 - 03:49 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think at least one of these characters is related to Olimar, Louie or the President in some way.

Edited by Firejonie, 28 June 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#18 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

I'm wondering if those letters under each of the captains is their first initial. Maybe their names are Donald, Anthony, Bonnie and Charlie? I dunno... I just love talking and speculating about Pikmin though.

Also, anyone notice the star on the burly captain's uniform? I wonder if that means he's the leader of the expedition?

Edited by Garolymar, 29 June 2012 - 06:46 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

I think at least one of these characters is related to Olimar, Louie or the President in some way.

It could be possible!

I'm wondering if those letters under each of the captains is their first initial. Maybe their names are Donald, Anthony, Bonnie and Charlie? I dunno... I just love talking and speculating about Pikmin though.

Also, anyone notice the star on the burly captain's uniform? I wonder if that means he's the leader of the expedition?

I think Mr. Miyamoto said at E3 that the burly captain was a general of some sort. And the letters could be their initials. I hope they could be some creative Hocotatian names such as Olimar!

#20 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

I know they said "they'res a reason you aren't playing Olimar" so something happens.

Edited by Meelow100, 29 June 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pikmin 3, Olimar, Gone, sequel, reason, Louie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!