Photo

Would you be disappointed if Nintendo Land and NSMB U don't have online play?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Nintendo Land and NSMB U Online play (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be disappointed if Nintendo Land doesn't have online play?

1. Yes (32 votes [45.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.71%

2. No (23 votes [32.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.86%

3. Indifferent (15 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Would you be disappointed if NSMB U doesn't have online play?

1. Yes (28 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No (28 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Indifferent (14 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

This is definately a huge test for nintendo. If they do have online play for both games and others then they are serious about trying to get hardcore gamers back becuase hardcore gamers love co-op and competition, if they dont. Then it means that they're relying on 3rd party support to satify the hardcore gamers while they make games for fans and casual gamers.

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

#22 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Id be disappointed if they don't but not heartbroken but id be surprised if they did

#23 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

I hope NSMBU at least has online co op
Posted Image

#24 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Nintendo want people to 'play together', so it wud be pointless if these games wernt online.

#25 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Leader boards and what not would be good for nintendo land, but I wouldn't want random online playability. Mario would be quite good if it was competitive like it was on DS.
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#26 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

I'll be completely honest, if they aren't online I may not buy Nintendo Land. If they are online then it will be the second or third game I get. Online play would make the game a lot of fun when no one is around to play at my place with me. Needless to say, I'll be very disappointed if online play isn't included in these mini-games.

#27 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

I put yes for Nintendo Land and yes on accident for Mario(I mean't to hit no). In my opinion, if Nintendo Land doesn't have it. I will reconsider buying it because I have no one in my house to play it with and I doubt anyone that comes over that is a friend or cousin wants to play it either. If it does have online it would be the best thing in the world because I could play many online games and have lots of fun playing over the network. As for Mario, I don't think it needs it. Maybe it would be fun however I think it would be more of a novelty thing more then being actually used. Maybe a race mode but I can't really think of many other ideas for online multiplayer.

IMO, if Nintendo Land doesn't have online multiplayer it really would show that Nintendo is lacking. Pikmin, Mario ect. I am fine with them having none. However when your saying this is your main game and its supposed to show what the Wii U is all about. Isn't one of the new key ingredients for the Wii U the network and having more online purposes for playing? It would need some sort of online playing capabilities. The online theme park idea doesn't excite me as much as playing the games with my friends. Also, I don't think all games would necessarily need to be multiplayer. Just ones like the Zelda one, Luigi's Ghost Mansion, Animal Crossing Sweetday, other ones could just have leader boards.

Edited by Colinx, 14 July 2012 - 03:44 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#28 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

First things first.

I think Nintendo Land should have online, if only just for leaderboards. Maybe online multiplayer, but we'll see.

New Super Mario Bros U shouldn't have online, if it does, only leaderboards for the best time/coins gotten/whatever. But complete online multiplayer? NO. The last thing I want is some random idiot online throwing me into a pit of lava for laughs. -.-

LOL I definitely didn't think of that! It would be trolls paradise!
Posted Image

#29 Kirito the black swordman

Kirito the black swordman

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,Sony,Megaman and Anime

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Tbh, I don't really care much for online. :)

Same :)

#30 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

multiplayer is icing on the cake that would be sad not to have, some people dont like competition and in that case theres always that small collection of games that work on team play and random, top player de-stabilizing mechanics. either way it seems multiplayer in one way or another is getting more and more better than just plain single player
:laugh:

#31 FireBoost06

FireBoost06

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

As much as I love playing games online with my friends I honestly dont see NSMB U & Nintendo Land having online. They are games that seem more suitable to play with someone in the same room. Now something like Zombie U seems like a good game for online and I HOPE it has online!

#32 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Doesn't matter for me, though it would be nice. I don't play online that much for games ( except for TF2, which is pretty much online only) so it doesn't really affect me. There's always a better feeling when you are playing with people right next to you, which is what Nintendo wants alongside online play. So really nothing hints at online or no online at this point.

#33 Blue22

Blue22

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • NNID:SockNinja!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Nope. I don't have wif-fi.

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Well, seeing as this topic is bumped, it has been confirmed that Nintendoland has no online multiplayer functions. However, it doesn't necessarily mean the game won't have online capabilities. I would like to see what they do with it beyond just something like a leaderboard.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#35 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

it's already been confirmed that neither of the games will have online multiplayer

#36 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

it's already been confirmed that neither of the games will have online multiplayer

I can't help but think you haven't realised this topic is bumped for ages ago, and at the time it wasn't known, but I will thank you for telling me NSMBU doesn't have it. I haven't been tracking that game at all, so I didn't know. It's still a bummer though.

AuzzieWingman.png

#37 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

i wouldn't be disappointed, because I don't care about online. If it did have online play that would be a nice plus even though I would rarely use it.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#38 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

i wasn't really expecting nsmbu to have online multiplayer but i was hoping that nintendo land did because i don't always have people to play with, it's just an inconvenience so i doubt i will be buying the game.

#39 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

^ Same. I'm starting to think that getting together at someone's house to play games is more common in every other part of the world.

Or that I'm no longer in high school and everyone's schedule no longer works the same.

AuzzieWingman.png

#40 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

i wasn't really expecting nsmbu to have online multiplayer but i was hoping that nintendo land did because i don't always have people to play with, it's just an inconvenience so i doubt i will be buying the game.

Ummm...Nintendo Land will still probably be lots of fun by yourself. What makes it different than any other game that you play by yourself?
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!