Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

POPULAR

http://www.computera...e-will-be-free/

Coming from investor meeting.

So, in following, here is what Nintendo's Online service offers.
Free Online Services
DLC
Online Shop containing Virtual Console, Indy, Freeware and Full Retail Titles
Weekly Discounts
Cross Platform Communication with 3DS, PC, Smartphones and Tablets (at later date)
Video Chat with friends
Account System
Message Boards
Achievements (will be posted on Miiverse, not mandatory)
Multiple Levels of Security*
Web Browser w/flash support, private browsing, on (controller)screen keyboard
Multimedia services including Netflix and Hulu
in-game access to Miiverse and Browser

The things NOT included are as follows.
Twitter of Facebook Apps**
Current Friend Code System
Multi Touch

Tons of great news! :).

#2 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

I second the fact that this is great news.

#3 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Awwww yeahhh!! This is great!

#4 esper

esper

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo The Muppets Pokemon Yu-Gi-Oh

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Aahh good news yesterday I just saw all kinds of awful this is a nice way of starting a day.

#5 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

I agree its all great news, but the no facebook/twitter thing is bugging me, if nintendo want us to use the wiiu as the homes main multi media/entertainment system why leave out the 2 best scial network sites! #$% ??????
Those 2 sites wud influence certian peoples choices when chosing a next gen console. No unreal 4 and no facebook/twitter, very brave or very stupid?

#6 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

I agree its all great news, but the no facebook/twitter thing is bugging me, if nintendo want us to use the wiiu as the homes main multi media/entertainment system why leave out the 2 best scial network sites! #$% ??????
Those 2 sites wud influence certian peoples choices when chosing a next gen console. No unreal 4 and no facebook/twitter, very brave or very stupid?

Because they don't want them to get in the the way the Miiverse. Which is Nintendo's version of a new social network. And also if your buying a video game console just based on the fact that it has Facebook then I think you may need to go see your doctor and get your medicine checked.

#7 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Because they don't want them to get in the the way the Miiverse. Which is Nintendo's version of a new social network. And also if your buying a video game console just based on the fact that it has Facebook then I think you may need to go see your doctor and get your medicine checked.

And if you think the wii u or any of the next gen machines will be just good old fashioned consoles you should skip the doctor and go straight to hospital for brain surgery! Social networking, live tv streaming, music, apps will all be present on wii u! Get over it, all im saying people wont stop using twitter etc because of miiverse, so why not just add it on?

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

And now the haters are going to nit pick over the fact that there's no multitouch. =_=

Awesome news in any case.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

"cross platform communications".. wow.. that somehow got my eyebrows up.. unexpected
urhhh.. potatoes?

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Online Shop containing Freeware
Weekly Discounts
Cross Platform Communication with 3DS, PC, Smartphones and Tablets (at later date)
Account System

Free to play games on a console?! :o Last thing I expected from Nintendo.
Weekly discounts?! finally!
yay.
yay.
youtube! Not in 3D though, like it could be on the 3DS...
i wonder what they changed about the friendcode system, maybe they just added nicknames that actually mean something to it, rather than the 3ds' meaningless nickname which just displays it, perhaps this will allow people to add you by nickname.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

This is terrific news! I bet most of the Freeware games have pop-up ads, but that's well worth it. Nintendo is definately on the right path.

Edited by Fig, 29 June 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#12 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

And if you think the wii u or any of the next gen machines will be just good old fashioned consoles you should skip the doctor and go straight to hospital for brain surgery! Social networking, live tv streaming, music, apps will all be present on wii u! Get over it, all im saying people wont stop using twitter etc because of miiverse, so why not just add it on?

I was just simply stating that Nintendo is trying to get people to connect in a Nintendo way and use their own messaging system instead of others. I wasn't saying that the Wii U will be old fashion and not have anything, it's just that if Nintendo wants to make the whole console around Miiverse ,then having other competitive social networks on the system is probably not the best idea.

#13 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Free Online Services
DLC
Online Shop containing Virtual Console, Indy, Freeware and Full Retail Titles
Weekly Discounts
Video Chat with friends
Account System
Message Boards
Achievements (will be posted on Miiverse, not mandatory)
Multiple Levels of Security*
Multimedia services including Netflix and Hulu
in-game access to Miiverse and Browser

Twitter of Facebook Apps**
Multi Touch

Tons of great news! :).

Tons of great news, indeed! Despite not adding Twitter or Facebook on the Wii U (at least they're on PC), this is truly the best news I've ever read! Top publishers, indy developers, free online (especially onling gaming powered by Nintendo Network), DLC, etc. The Regginator was right about the U. It truly does everything.

Edited by uPadWatcher2, 29 June 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#14 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

I was just simply stating that Nintendio is trying to get people to connect in a Nintendo way and use their own messaging system instead of others. I wasn't saying that the Wii U will be old fashion and not have anything, it's just that if Nintendo wants to make the whole console around Miiverse ,then having other competitive social networks on the system is probably not the best idea.

It might not be a great idea but you and i, and probably the whole world will not stop people who own wii u's facebooking! So rather than nintendo forcing people to put down there wii gamepads so they can use facebook on there i pads/ i phones etc ( and potentialy lose out on a mini game sale ) why not just include it? For a large amount of people Miiverse WILL only be a social networking site while ur playing it will NEVER overtake facebook or twitter.

#15 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

It might not be a great idea but you and i, and probably the whole world will not stop people who own wii u's facebooking! So rather than nintendo forcing people to put down there wii gamepads so they can use facebook on there i pads/ i phones etc ( and potentialy lose out on a mini game sale ) why not just include it? For a large amount of people Miiverse WILL only be a social networking site while ur playing it will NEVER overtake facebook or twitter.

Won't the internet browser be able to access twitter and facebook....

#16 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Who cares if Facebook and Twitter aren't on the Wii U. Theyr'e on pc, smartphones, and tablets and most people have at least one of those devices with Facebook/Twitter enabled on them so use those things.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#17 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Won't the internet browser be able to access twitter and facebook....

I never even thought of that, but an easy 1 point access app will stop people using easier devices which will have the app. If you wanted to use facebook would you rather log on to ur laptop and go online or grab ur phone? I just think its one of those things that in the future will hurt nintendo.

#18 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, it's not a big deal if you can't access FB or Twitter through a dedicated app. :/ There's the browser, plus, honestly. Who cares? As you said, go on your phone/tablet/computer to check it if you hate the Wii U browser. Honestly I think a person has to be addicted to social networking for it to really bother them. Even if I used FB/Twitter I wouldn't have the need to check it on the device I'm currently using, especially in the middle of gaming. Nintendo's not losing anything out of this.
Posted Image

#19 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

I never even thought of that, but an easy 1 point access app will stop people using easier devices which will have the app. If you wanted to use facebook would you rather log on to ur laptop and go online or grab ur phone? I just think its one of those things that in the future will hurt nintendo.

Maybe the internet browser will have a "favorites" or bookmark feature.

#20 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Yeah, it's not a big deal if you can't access FB or Twitter through a dedicated app. :/ There's the browser, plus, honestly. Who cares? As you said, go on your phone/tablet/computer to check it if you hate the Wii U browser. Honestly I think a person has to be addicted to social networking for it to really bother them. Even if I used FB/Twitter I wouldn't have the need to check it on the device I'm currently using, especially in the middle of gaming. Nintendo's not losing anything out of this.

Exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!