Photo

what do think of the look of the console?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: what do think of the look of the console? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Like the look of the console itself?

1. No (3 votes [9.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

2. Yes (20 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Kinda (9 votes [28.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

i start to believe that i am the only one that think that the console itself looks really ugly.

it has:

wierd meisurements, exactly like the wii but just longer, any reason for that?
The syncronizise button, why not put it in the little hinge-door..thingy..
Still has that wii look that we been through in 5-6 years, i personally think that its getting enough now.
there wont probably be a black version until years after release, any reason for THAT???
All/many of the thousand fan-holes could be thrown away if they just made

Posted Image
i am a fan of nintendo and i love the look of the controller (espesially if they made a black one), but i think they have gone too far with
this whole wii thing. Am i speaking total gibberish or do you have your own ideas of improvements of the console itself?

Edited by abbe, 15 June 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

Looks find to me never really cared for the look of the console unless it a handheld.

#3 Coller23

Coller23

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Every nintendo series, touhou

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Having the synchronize button on the outside is more convenient you know?

also the only thing that makes it look like a wii is the white color to me.
Don't cry over spilled milk, it will be yogurt tomorrow

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

looks fine to me... simple! im still VERY worried about the reception of this console. will this console be dead in the water when the next-gen console arrive. we know it plays games and will support 1080p out the box.... but i'm still worried.

#5 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

looks fine to me... simple! im still VERY worried about the reception of this console. will this console be dead in the water when the next-gen console arrive. we know it plays games and will support 1080p out the box.... but i'm still worried.

made me lol <_<

i believe that next gen will focus a little more on game experience cuz i believe graphics start to be so good that you dont need any better.

Edited by abbe, 15 June 2011 - 10:58 AM.

#6 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Is there pleasing anybody these days? I mean guys come on, you're barely gonna look at the console.
Posted Image

#7 ZachGuy00

ZachGuy00

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

I think it looks fine, but it should be released in black as well as white.

Edited by ZachGuy00, 15 June 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#8 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

I personally love the look of the new console! It has a very 360 feel IMO, and it looks really modern. Oh and sleek <_<
Posted Image

#9 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

It looks alright to me. It's nothing special, but I'm going to be looking at the controller and the TV. The only time I'll really look at the box is when I'm setting up the Wii U or changing the disk.

#10 sonicguy25

sonicguy25

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:56 AM

It looks pretty good to me. I like the overall design.

#11 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

Didn't people complain about the look of the Wii too when it was first shown? "Ewww, it looks like an external DVD drive".

Microsoft designed the Xbox 360 based on looks and look where it got them, it overheated. Had they just worried about functionality they would have made it slightly bigger and we wouldn't have had the red light of death fiasco.

Are people seriously sitting staring at their console instead of playing the games?

My only complaint about the WiiU is I wish they had kept Gamecube support as its a far better control pad than the classic controller and I hate the fact I am going to need to keep my Wii hooked up to just the play Gamecube games.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#12 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:26 AM

the thing that i am mostly worried about is that it may not fit my tv-shelf without sticking out like 5 centimeters

#13 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

I guess it's alright. I don't love it or hate it, I just feel indifferent towards it's design. As long as it does what it's supposed to do and functions properly, I'm happy.

I also kinda wish the controller was a bit smaller and had analog sticks, not slide pads like the 3DS.

Posted Image

#14 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

Although the overall design is pretty sleek, I do wish they had done more to make it look different than the wii. That would just be a basic step to show off how the console is NEW.

#15 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

Yeah... I wish, for silly aesthetic reasons, that there was a greater contrast to the look of the Wii. I like some curves... but then again, I think the N64 was the sexiest looking console ever released.

Ultimately, however, I don't think the look matters (as long as they give me an option of black, so it blends in with ALL THE OTHER ELECTRONICS OUT THERE).

#16 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

I was thinking just for marketing reasons it would be good for it to look different than the wii. Although maybe they're hoping with the similar name and appearance to be a big hit with the casual market again.

#17 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

I was thinking just for marketing reasons it would be good for it to look different than the wii. Although maybe they're hoping with the similar name and appearance to be a big hit with the casual market again.

exactly what i was thinking, it would be even better if they had an black one at release

#18 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

The structure sort of looks like a small Wii/360 hybrid.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#19 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

The only problem i'm gonna get fitting it on my shelf and i don't like the idea of putting disc in on the side. The only things that matter to me in a console (Physically) is that it doesn't overheat, fits on my shelf, and has a way to physically open your disc drives in case it gets stuck..... yeah i'm talking to you broken wii and ps2.

1367065580450s.jpg

#20 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

The only problem i'm gonna get fitting it on my shelf and i don't like the idea of putting disc in on the side. The only things that matter to me in a console (Physically) is that it doesn't overheat, fits on my shelf, and has a way to physically open your disc drives in case it gets stuck..... yeah i'm talking to you broken wii and ps2.

Those are the things im worried about, cuz right now. It seems like that aybe be the case : /

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!