#1 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

I'm going to keep updating this with all the new Monster Hunter 4 news. Capcom released the brand new trailer for Monster Hunter 4 during the ongoing Capcom Game Jam. Now to get 3G localization confirmed before this thing comes out in Japan Spring 2013.

Concept Art for Monster Hunter 4 can be found Here

Some details on Monster Hunter 4 *Red = New
- will not have water segments
- new elements surrounding Felynes
- take two Felynes out with you on hunts
- new weapons, but these are being kept secret for now
- new armor designs
- game's story features the greatest number of NPCs in series history
- monsters will make use of the land formations
- grab on to the monsters in certain situations
- make use of hight differences in the stages to perform jump attacks
- uses a free camera system
- caravan-like system used for your home base
- 1 to 4 players, with support for local play (online play not specifically mentioned)
- Ryozo Tsujimoto is listed as producer
- Kaname Fujioka listed as director

- the 4 in Monster Hunter 4 is read as English-speakers would read it
- previous Monster Hunter games had numbers that made for play-on-words in Japanese
- the change was made to reflect the changes the series is seeing in its 4th installment
- the logo also highlights the Monster Hunter branding more than previous games
- the original trailer showed a special section that highlighted the game's new actions
- the characters in that trailer were all player-controlled
- the key word the dev team is focusing on this time is 'adventure'
- hunters are hired by a caravan leader and travel with the caravan
- you'll visit a variety of lands
- there are a ton of villages with their own cultures and people
- this should raise the drama level of gameplay
- the first village you'll visit in the game is called "Barubare"
- this location has a feeling of a marketplace to give players the sense of being in a gathering spot for many people
- travel here to register your hunters
- some villages have special places that can't be found at other locations
- you have the option of using the target camera from the last game, or the new free camera

- Monster Hunter is 60% completed

[update] 8-1-2012
Development on Monster Hunter 4 is currently 60% complete, series producer Ryozo Tsujimoto said to Weekly Famitsu this week.

Separate from MH4, Tsujimoto added that he'd like to consider other types of media for the MH series. He said this as he noted that the MH series was originally online and thus did place an emphasis on story, but they started putting more focus on story with MH3.

Tsujimoto's comments came in part two of Famitsu's three part feature looking at future gaming plans from top creators. Also in the feature, Tsujimoto said that he's very happy when he hears stories of people who became friends through play of Monster Hunter. He feels that it is a great thing for players to form friendships and develop fond memories through games.

Source 1, Source 2, Source 3

Edited by Cerberuz, 08 November 2012 - 04:12 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#2 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

I woke up to that as well, I hope they give out a western release soon
Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Me too, actually I just hope they bring this over here in general.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Is that a felyne I see helping out? ^_^

Posted Image

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Is that a felyne I see helping out? ^_^

Yes, but in Monster Hunter 3G you can have two helping you: Cha-Cha and Kayanba

Posted Image

LordPickleton.png

#6 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yes, but in Monster Hunter 3G you can have two helping you: Cha-Cha and Kayanba

Posted Image

O rly? I didnt know that :D

Posted Image

#7 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

My body just got so dang ready all of a sudden.

Just how big do you think the maps in this game will be? They looked pretty huge in the trailer. Imagine if this game had Xenoblade-sized maps. I'd be in monster-hunting-heaven. :D
Posted Image

#8 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

That would be great but then gamers would complain on how much of a hassle it is to get around. I don't think the 3DS would be able to handle a map that size without a considerable amount of lag, but then again what would i know.

Might be getting a 3DS soon since Target Australia is selling them for $169 during their toy-sale :D
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#9 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

I never got to get into Monster Hunter but ive always wanted too because it looks so fun!

Is it coming to the States??

#10 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

didn't put much hope of this coming out in english later.... many monster hunter series have been missing english release.. good chance this one will miss it as well.. hopefully capcom have a change of heart for this one though =_=
urhhh.. potatoes?

#11 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Some more details about Monster Hunter 4

- will not have water segments
- new elements surrounding Felynes
- take two Felynes out with you on hunts
- new weapons, but these are being kept secret for now
- new armor designs
- game's story features the greatest number of NPCs in series history
- monsters will make use of the land formations
- grab on to the monsters in certain situations
- make use of hight differences in the stages to perform jump attacks
- uses a free camera system
- caravan-like system used for your home base
- 1 to 4 players, with support for local play (online play not specifically mentioned)
- Ryozo Tsujimoto is listed as producer
- Kaname Fujioka listed as director

Here are some bits from Famitsu's interview with the producer and director.

Monster Hunter 4 Has Largest Development Scale in Series History

Monster Hunter 4 has been in development for two years, producer Ryozo Tsujimoto revealed in a Famitsu interview this week. The game's development scale is the largest in series' history, Tsujimoto also said.
Tsujimoto was interviewed alongside MH4 director Kaname Fujioka. Here are some of the finer points from the interview based off Sokuho's summary:
Development was running in parallel with Monster Hunter 3G. Because of this, they were able to take the ideas that went over well in MH3G and use them in MH4. They added a target camera to MH3G because they were thinking about using it in MH4.
As with MH3G, you'll be able to bring two Felynes out with you on quests. The game will also have some "catchy" new elements related to Felynes.
The keyword for MH4 is "adventure," said Fujioka.
In single player mode, they'd like to offer solid drama. In an effort to better absorb players into the single player mode, they're planning major story developments. The game will have the largest number of NPCs in series history.
Your home base is called "Barubare." Unlike the villages of past MH games, Barubare is a collection of caravans which move to various areas. Famitsu introduces your caravan's leader and receptionist girl.
The game world has height variations, so they've set the camera to be a free camera.
The height variations also come into play in other ways. You can do jump attacks that make use of height differences. Enemies will also see changes to their movements based off slope and height differences. The environments can see changes and destruction.
As a new challenge, they're taking the approach of adding new options and breadth to your overground actions. The water play of MH3 will not be in MH4.
In closing comments, Fujioka said that they're aiming for the game feel to be such that you'll have fun just running about the fields. Tsujimoto said that the game will have a fresh new play feel with new elements.
Outside of the interview, Famitsu has a general preview of the game, solidifying some of the elements that were shown in the recent reveal trailer. The name of the monster with the big ears from the trailer is "Kecha Wacha." The field with the red rocks from the trailer is called "Ruins Field" (Iseki Heigen).
As we mentioned earlier, Famitsu says that the game has 1 to 4 player local play. This information is in the game's information box. There's no mention of internet play.

Here is some Monster Hunter 4 Concept Art

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Cerberuz, 04 July 2012 - 08:54 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#12 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

I doubt there will be an American release. Monster Hunter never has been a super seller outside Japan. Tri did ok, but I'm not sure it convinced them enough.
http://www.vgchartz....ter-hunter-tri/

Total Units
North America: 0.55m 26.7% + Europe: 0.34m 16.8% + Japan: 1.05m 51.6% + Rest of the World: 0.10m 4.9% = Global 2.04m

For another comparison, the original Monster Hunter sales: http://www.vgchartz....monster-hunter/
North America: 0.11m 21.6% + Europe: 0.08m 16.9% + Japan: 0.28m 55.9% + Rest of the World: 0.03m 5.6% = Global 0.50m
I think you can see why they hate releasing outside of Japan.

Edited by andodel, 05 July 2012 - 04:45 AM.

#13 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

I updated the OP with the latest news on Monster Hunter 4.

[Update] 8-1-2012

Development on Monster Hunter 4 is currently 60% complete, series producer Ryozo Tsujimoto said to Weekly Famitsu this week.

Separate from MH4, Tsujimoto added that he'd like to consider other types of media for the MH series. He said this as he noted that the MH series was originally online and thus did place an emphasis on story, but they started putting more focus on story with MH3.

Tsujimoto's comments came in part two of Famitsu's three part feature looking at future gaming plans from top creators. Also in the feature, Tsujimoto said that he's very happy when he hears stories of people who became friends through play of Monster Hunter. He feels that it is a great thing for players to form friendships and develop fond memories through games.

Edited by Cerberuz, 01 August 2012 - 08:57 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#14 Ramon3MR

Ramon3MR

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Am I the only one not even REMOTELY interested in the Monster Hunter franchise? Does absolutely nothing for me.

#15 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Ive always wanted to play a monster hunter game, they look awesome. id definately pick up MH4 if it came state side

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

WHAT? NO WATER SECTIONS!

That blows, man.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

WHAT? NO WATER SECTIONS!

That blows, man.

This I can agree with. Give me my dang Lagiacrus!
Posted Image

#18 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

There are some new Monster Hunter 4 scans. Let me see if I can post them successfully with my iPad.

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/10/monster-hunter-4-scans.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LordPickleton.png

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

OH MY GOD TAKE NY MONEY!!!! TAKE IT!!!! ALL MY MONIES!!!!!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Here's some info that I missed and better versions of those pictures in the recent scans. I'll post some of the ones they have for the monsters once someone else posts.

The pictures are here: http://www.capcom.co...er/4/world.html

From 10-11-2012

Nelscylla (ネルスキュラ)
- Chelicera (arachnid) species.
- Builds nests in caves, utilizes its nest to attack, and can attack in various abnormal manners to corner its prey.
- Has a hidden chelicera in its jaw. This is also used for attacks.
- Can hang from ceilings using silk, or hang from the underside of its nest.

Attacks include:
- Lunge: Sprays a thread of silk towards its target, then uses it to lunge at them.
- Slash: slashes at its target with its claws.
- Chelicera attack: utilizes its chelicera like a pincer attack.
- Silk attack: Shoots silk at target, binding them when it hits, preventing all movement.

Tetsukabura (テツカブラ)
- Amphibious (frog) species.
- Has a giant jaw.
- Utilizes its hind legs to jump around in any direction, even while on steep terrain.
- Can use its jaw like a shovel.

Attacks include:
- Foreleg swipe: mows down anything that's right in front of it.
- Chomp: bites down on its target.
- Mucus: spits mucus from its mouth. Example shown of a hunter climbing, and Tetsukabura spitting its mucus at him.
- Boulder lift: lifts up a boulder using its jaw as a shovel. Similar to a forklift.
- Boulder crush: after lifting up a boulder with its jaw, Tetsukabura proceeds to bite down on it, crushing it, sending a hail of shrapnel around.
- Boulder throw: throws a boulder it has lifted up at its prey.
- Hunts Jaggi using its giant jaw.

Riding/climbing up the Tetsukabura might be the key to conquering him.

Yian Kut-ku
- Can climb/ride on him now.

Attacks include:
- Spit flame: spits flammable liquid from its mouth. Explodes when it hits a surface.
- Back jump: jumps backwards, can switch to a number of different attacks from this position.
- Can now hunt and eat prey, which recovers its stamina.
- Consecutive peck: uses its beak to incessantly peck at its target.
- Panic run: lunges forward while spitting flames everywhere.

Gypceros

Attacks include:
- Acid spit: spits poisonous liquid; target will be poisoned if it hits.
- Flash: releases light in its general surroundings when it screeches.
- Tail attack: swipes its tail around. Has a long reach given its gum-esque tail.
- Can attack hunters while they're climbing by either flying up to them to attack or climbing up the wall.

Underground cave
- New field.
- Contains both outdoor areas and cave-like areas.
- Cave part has giant crystals and plants that give off light.
- Camp area shows smoke rising in the background.
- Image of a hunter jumping into a gaping hole.
- Some areas with gas billowing out from the ground are also present.
- Area shown that looks like a giant net, presumably a spider's nest.
- Area shown with a pool of greenish liquid with a flock of some type of animal flying above.

Insect Staff
- Can harvest "ex" that strengthen you by utilizing the staff to throw/release your insects.
- White "ex" strengthens movement, red strengthens attacks, orange strengthens defense, green strengthens vitality recovery.
- Type/color of "ex" received is dependent on which part of the monster you attack.
- Can have numerous different types of ex strengthening effects on you at the same time.

- Mark monsters with smoke to make it easier for insects to reach the monster when released. Insects will fly towards the marked monster or portion of a monster.
- Releasing insects at a monster that isn't marked will just send them forward.
- Can mark a specific monster, or mark a specific part of a monster.
- Order in which you harvest ex from monsters is: mark monster, release insects at the monster, insects will harvest ex, insects that have successfully harvested ex will glow with the color of the type of ex they harvested, have insects return to retrieve the harvested ex (this last part is automatically done when you have the insects return to you).
- If insects don't harvest any ex, they won't glow. Return them and try again.
- Have insects harvest even more ex to further strengthen yourself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

11-8-2012

In their latest announcement, Capcom has released information on a Monster Virus that will add a new dimension to your hinting experience. The "kyouryuu virus" is a new type of status impairment/enhancement that can be transmitted from monsters to humans. When damaged by an infected monster, a gauge appears under the player's name. As time passes, the gauge slowly increases. Getting damaged by an infected monster also increases the gauge. Once the gauge is full, the virus goes full blown and the player loses the ability to regenerate health, which... kinda sucks.

However, there is also an added benefit that comes from infection. If the player can damage an infected creature sufficiently before the virus gauge is filled and goes full blown, the player can overcome the infection and is granted a bonus to their critical hit rate.

Capcom has not revealed specifically how creatures become infected but has announced that not all creatures start out infected and that some creatures can become infected during a quest.

Edited by Cerberuz, 08 November 2012 - 04:18 PM.

LordPickleton.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 4, Trailer, Capcom, Nintendo, 3DS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!