Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Needs to be cheaper IMO.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#42 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

I honestly don't really like this. Smartphone gaming can't even hold a candle to what dedicated consoles or PCs offer, the idea of people thinking an Android in a box with a controller can really compete with the Wii U or future MS/Sony consoles is really baffling..

Posted Image

#43 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

@Nollog - How cheap do you think it should be? $99 sounds very reasonable to me.
@Deadly Virus - It's not supposed to be 'smartphone gaming' - I think it's aiming to move away from that. I personally wouldn't really want to develop for a phone because of the lack of buttons - this however, gets me excited because it seems like the "XBOX for Indies". It seems like it's as easy to develop for as an Android, but has the buttons (and possibly some of the networking capability of a 360).

And I don't think it's supposed to compete. That's what I like about it. For $99, you get a complement to your normal console. I doubt I would buy it if it were more powerful and $299, especially with the next generation of game consoles on the way (and how would anyone secure developers and break that market), but for a lot cheaper and with a much more open operating system, it could be a lot of fun to own and develop for one.
Follow me on Twitter or on my homepage to follow my game development progress. Thanks!

#44 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

They're probably gonna make you pay for extra game content which would suck big time or maybe paid online services or just general subscription to get your games for free. I am very skeptical about this console.

2lvmghw.png

#45 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

#46 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

yea, i get the sense you will pay more around 200 into the console in the end (which still is not bad)
just like you buy a wii for 250 but then buy 120$ in controllers and 400$ in games, i tallied up my wii purchases and it touched $1280.
i like the consoles idea, it sounds almost what i would want to make (i would probably make a computer standardizing kit though)
but i bet theres a quirk somewhere, whether its expensive/tightly restricted games or access fees, $99 is not going to be what your going to spend i bet
:laugh:

#47 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

yea, i get the sense you will pay more around 200 into the console in the end (which still is not bad)
just like you buy a wii for 250 but then buy 120$ in controllers and 400$ in games, i tallied up my wii purchases and it touched $1280.
i like the consoles idea, it sounds almost what i would want to make (i would probably make a computer standardizing kit though)
but i bet theres a quirk somewhere, whether its expensive/tightly restricted games or access fees, $99 is not going to be what your going to spend i bet

Jeebus what all are you getting?!

As for Ouya, I just think about all the free games on my Android. They're riddled with ads or require potions that you buy with real money to do anything in late gameplay.

#48 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

A screen on a controller that's creative. All the buttons a circles.
http://www.fastcodes...kickstarter.jpg

#49 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

This does have a lot of potential, they're going to have to do a lot of advertising to make a name of this thing though.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#50 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

yea, wait until a real time game gets made, buy through the adventure
that would signal if this box worked or not

Edited by uh20, 11 July 2012 - 08:29 PM.

:laugh:

#51 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

The Ouya team made a Kickstarter page a few days ago, and they've already almost raised 4 million dollars as of this post.

Should we be worried?

Edited by Tom, 12 July 2012 - 08:35 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#52 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

I'm going to start developing for it. I think this is the YouTube of the gaming dev community, its specs support graphics near around the current generation too, I think anyone who has wanted to be in the games industry should start developing for it.

I'm going to buy one

Edited by Penguin101, 12 July 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#53 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

They Ouya team made a Kickstarter page a few days ago, and they've already almost raised 4 million dollars as of this post.

Should we be worried?

Worried about what? You don't think Nintendo could compete against this system?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#54 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

Worried about what? You don't think Nintendo could compete against this system?

I'm not worried about Nintendo beating this system.

I'm more worried that it might be successful.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#55 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

I'm not worried about Nintendo beating this system.

I'm more worried that it might be successful.

What's wrong with it being successful? Just seems like a sort of console Steam.
Posted Image

#56 Dwarphkin

Dwarphkin

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Dolphin is a Gamecube emulator.

Oh, I see. But would that even matter?
The hardware isn't where the money is really, especially if they're only planning to sell it at 99$.

Dolphin is a Wii/Gamecube Emulator, not just Gamecube

I'm going to start developing for it. I think this is the YouTube of the gaming dev community, its specs support graphics near around the current generation too, I think anyone who has wanted to be in the games industry should start developing for it.

I'm going to buy one

Me too, I could make the game I always wanted.
Posted Image
I sometimes wish life was like Fallout 3 ^-^

#57 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

I don't think it will be better. I mean, if you want a screen on your controller then it would be better just to get the Wii U. Also, the "hack" wouldn't really cater to as many people as they think. Yes for game developers but, most of the people that buy consoles want them to play the games and if you're going to be playing online who wants all of your online games hacked. Seems to me like a console sold at CVS instead of Gamestop.

2lvmghw.png

#58 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Not after this disaster.
Posted Image

I don't get why everyone uses this ^ as the sole basis for the argument that Apple cannot make a console. People don't seem to be able to grasp that Apple has significantly developed as a company since then, and would today, come out with a very different product than this. I'm not an Apple fanboy or anything, I'm just stating the facts.
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#59 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

It's also a Wii emulator.

Dolphin is a Wii/Gamecube Emulator, not just Gamecube

Dolphin is a gamecube emulator.

@Nollog - How cheap do you think it should be? $99 sounds very reasonable to me.

Considering I bought a PC on a stick (very similar spec)with android for 30 euro, I'd say $45 would be fair.

Edited by Nollog, 12 July 2012 - 12:32 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#60 Dwarphkin

Dwarphkin

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Dolphin is a gamecube emulator.

Considering I bought a PC on a stick (very similar spec)with android for 30 euro, I'd say $45 would be fair.

It says in the first sentence here (http://dolphin-emulator.com/) that it's a Wii and Gamecube emulator dude.
Posted Image
I sometimes wish life was like Fallout 3 ^-^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!