^that.
No sig.

#4 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

well hopefully the developer have enough resources to accommodate higher graphics in the future.... current graphics already costly as it is...

higher graphics = higher cost
urhhh.. potatoes?

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

That's actually some pretty good detective work.
I'm so surprised I'm going to type I'm so horsing surprised and let the swear filter sort it out.
You don't usually get anything with actual work done in the article on a blog site.

It fits.

Edited by Nollog, 05 July 2012 - 07:29 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

Is this good?.

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

This is what it does on computer I'm not sure if it's good.
Posted Image
I see OpenGL ND DirectX11 so on pc I think it's good.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 05 July 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#8 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

This is what it does on computer I'm not sure if it's good.
Posted Image
I see OpenGL ND DirectX11 so on pc I think it's good.

Open GL 4.1 support is more than I expected, the rumoured GPUs so far have only been able to support OpenGl 3.2 at the most.

#9 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

it says it's speculation.

Edited by Hinkik, 05 July 2012 - 08:46 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#10 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

it says it's speculation.

Yeah the hype has cleared from my brain, I'm not going to take this seriously any-more until someone either confirms the chip or someone buys a Wii U and opens it up

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Nobody said it was confirmed.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hahaha

This guy is good. A bit off with the earlier dev kit spec, but most of it was right on.

The GPU was always going to be a 67xx...

they had to in order to have more than one Wii U GamePad available.

the consumer wins.

Not only will the Wii U have awesome looking multi GamePad games, but the single GamePad games are going to blow people away.

The Wii U has the CPU, the GPU, the RAM, and the overall architectural efficiency to be a killer. Specs wise, it's already a beast, but Nintendo knows how to organize everything to make it better than the sum of its parts. very smart company. Much respect. Gotta love it when the game designers have major input on hardware customization. That's when you see great things happen. The Wii U resembles the Wii in name only, but will resemble the GCN, N64, SNES in its power levels for each consoles respective time periods.

Now if they can just get rid of Reggie and get someone to market this console properly...

http://hothardware.c...OpenCL-Support/

Of note:

Can drive up to 6 displays, but 3 would be just fine, no?

resolutions up to 4096x2160

Note where Nintendo got their "Stream" codename...

Open GL 4.1 support (DX11 also but Nintendo won't be doing that. We would have to license that in a separate manner and there are many hurdles to such an undertaking).

That's the stock embedded format of the GPU. Nintendo has customized its GPU (6760 or 6770...) and it will outperform the stock chip.

#13 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final Fantasy, Naruto, Pokemon

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hahaha

This guy is good. A bit off with the earlier dev kit spec, but most of it was right on.

The GPU was always going to be a 67xx...

they had to in order to have more than one Wii U GamePad available.

the consumer wins.

Not only will the Wii U have awesome looking multi GamePad games, but the single GamePad games are going to blow people away.

The Wii U has the CPU, the GPU, the RAM, and the overall architectural efficiency to be a killer. Specs wise, it's already a beast, but Nintendo knows how to organize everything to make it better than the sum of its parts. very smart company. Much respect. Gotta love it when the game designers have major input on hardware customization. That's when you see great things happen. The Wii U resembles the Wii in name only, but will resemble the GCN, N64, SNES in its power levels for each consoles respective time periods.

Now if they can just get rid of Reggie and get someone to market this console properly...

http://hothardware.c...OpenCL-Support/

Of note:

Can drive up to 6 displays, but 3 would be just fine, no?

resolutions up to 4096x2160

Note where Nintendo got their "Stream" codename...

Open GL 4.1 support (DX11 also but Nintendo won't be doing that. We would have to license that in a separate manner and there are many hurdles to such an undertaking).

That's the stock embedded format of the GPU. Nintendo has customized its GPU (6760 or 6770...) and it will outperform the stock chip.

True you do have a Point. and Lmao about getting rid of Reggie haha xD
Posted Image

#14 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Wait but isn't this the chip from earlier dev kits, and the newest one might be even better :P

I really hope the CPU doesnt drag it down as much as people are saying (I doubt it)

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Wait but isn't this the chip from earlier dev kits, and the newest one might be even better :P

I really hope the CPU doesnt drag it down as much as people are saying (I doubt it)

The CPU wont drag it down. The three core PowerPC CPU in the dev kit has been confirmed to be an earlier Dev kit, and since the gpu in it has been changed so will the CPU.

I wouldn't doubt a custom quad core or tri core Power processor running at 2.8 - 3.2 range.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

nintendo isnt stupid no cpu bring down at all its a embedded system maybe even system on chip the cpu and gpu are more intergrated than ever thel help each other more than ever...

a ion and ion 2 can run very high end games, its let down is that crappy atom cpu, replace that with say a dualcore celeron with big catch ions would be very very powerful for the spec with gpu computing and shared dutys gpu/cpu and the gpu having its own high bandwidth ram...

that gpu or close with EDRAM will be fantastic and a big step up from x360/ps3 and the power/powerpc will bemuch more powerful than low end multicore pc

they also say theres unicorns in there gardens why do u listen to the anti wiiu idiots stop taking info from silly ponys and take info from actual realistic sourses

like ign with iwata he clearly said E3 games using half the wiiu power and gearbox the wiiu is next gen its more powerful did ether state a rubbish cpu etc

#17 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

I hope NIntendo have upgraded the gpu but just remember the words 'based on' which doesn't mean the same as. If the final product is radically different to the dev kit then what was the point of the dev kit? Normally they are pretty close. Lets not forget the 32 megabytes of fast video memory too which was in the dev kit. This could be upgraded to 64meg or even 128meg but PCs will have a lot more memory than this dedicated to the gpu.

I really hope Nintendo push the envelope a bit. That would be brilliant but lets not set our hopes too high. It will still be a fantastic console worth having if its only a little bit more powerful than ps3 and 360 because of the fantastic Nintendo games.

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Wii u is a beast.

Very powerful CPU. Extremely powerful gpu (both customized to be better for gaming than the stock setups), a ton of ram, and the architectural efficiency to make to whole much better than a sum of its parts.

The thing is powerful. The perfect machine to herald the arrival of next generation gaming.

Add to that the we gamepad, and Nintendo has just revolutionized the entire industry. Again.

The wii was Nintendo in survival mode. Amazing what they can do when they are backed against a wall.

The wii U is Nintendo doing exactly what they want with the resources they want. and the leverage to get great deals on their hardware.

That's how such a powerful system with such great capability is going to be priced at a decent number.

great time to be in the gaming industry. Whether a creator or a consumer. Mostly because Nintendo has never been this humble, open, and easy to work with.

#19 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

Preach it, Father SocialMuscle!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#20 I4got2pullout999

I4got2pullout999

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Wii u is a beast.

Very powerful CPU. Extremely powerful gpu (both customized to be better for gaming than the stock setups), a ton of ram, and the architectural efficiency to make to whole much better than a sum of its parts.

The thing is powerful. The perfect machine to herald the arrival of next generation gaming.

Add to that the we gamepad, and Nintendo has just revolutionized the entire industry. Again.

The wii was Nintendo in survival mode. Amazing what they can do when they are backed against a wall.

The wii U is Nintendo doing exactly what they want with the resources they want. and the leverage to get great deals on their hardware.

That's how such a powerful system with such great capability is going to be priced at a decent number.

great time to be in the gaming industry. Whether a creator or a consumer. Mostly because Nintendo has never been this humble, open, and easy to work with.

Indeed preach On my Brotha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!