Photo

[Denied/Fake] Wii U Private Key Foxconn Leak.

foconn wii u leak key

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Electronics manufacturer Foxconn has mistakenly placed the private keys and other design related documents for the Nintendo Wii-U on the public portion of their FTP server that they use for hosting drivers and software. The mistake was noticed by an engineer early Wednesday, but not before the documents had been downloaded more than a dozen times.

Foxconn is primarily an original design manufacturer, and its clients include major American, European and Japanese electronics and information technology companies. Notable products which the company manufactures include the iPad, iPhone, Kindle, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

The Wii-U is Nintendo's next generation console set to supersede the 2006 Nintendo Wii. Nintendo has been ramping up production for the October release date with over 1 million units having been already produced.

This is another blow to Foxconn's tarnished reputation that has been plagued in recent years by reports of employee suicides and specification leaks for the iPad2 while the unit was still in production. Attempts to seek comment from Foxconn's public relations department went unanswered.

This is an article from http://www.engadget.com which has subsequently been taken down.

What this means:
A few people have the pirvate key for the wii u
Nintendo can easily change the key on the models to make those keys useless, and continue from there.

I made this so nobody else would.

Fake: https://twitter.com/...948945013182464

Edited by Nollog, 05 July 2012 - 10:53 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

What's a "private key?"

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

The basic jist of it with errors in syntax no doubt is console has a key which is hidden away, developer uses this key to sign their game, and the console compares it to it's own, deciding if the game can be played or not.

It's an anti-hacking thing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Thanks, you learn something new (almost) every day.
  • Zok likes this

#5 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Did that say October release date?
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#6 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Did that say October release date?

I saw that too, interesting ....

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

I saw that too, interesting ....

If it comes out on Halloween (doubt it) I would be very confused. It would be cool though if some rich people gave them out as "treats".

Edited by MAN69, 05 July 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

And, what's the good part of this? Is there any relevance?
No sig.

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

If it comes out on Halloween (doubt it) I would be very confused. It would be cool though if some rich people gave them out as "treats".

Lol no. My friends go trick or treating in the rich areas in Los Angeles. Very rich like Beverly Hills. They give out like 3 King bars to each person. Or a stuffed animal. Lol.

#10 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Lol no. My friends go trick or treating in the rich areas in Los Angeles. Very rich like Beverly Hills. They give out like 3 King bars to each person. Or a stuffed animal. Lol.

Lucky....

#11 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

The only interesting news is this person's reporting that it will be released in October....

#12 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

so, it is fake?
nah, since its everything we got i will believe it, keys are easy to fix so if or if not it wouldn't really matter
the truely only amazing thing was it said it will be released in october (hey it looks like fig said that too) which i can add into the stuffed release day rumors, everywhere between october-december, im still guessing its going to be slightly before the holiday shopping time (a week before black friday if you need an exact date)
:laugh:

#13 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

And, what's the good part of this? Is there any relevance?

October release date, obviously! I've been thinking they should release it in October for a long time, and now I'm starting to think it could happen.

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Not fake...

Someone is trying to not get busted...

Also, it seems deliberate.

It's china. The best pirates are the ones with a foot in the door. Foxconn is pretty much the biggest manufacturer there is.

The article is not up any longer because of a legal notice. Otherwise, it would simply be up with an "update" note and further info.

Too much info got revealed there. yikes.

Good for consumers, but bad for running a tight product launch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: foconn, wii u, leak, key

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!