Photo

Let's Talk IPs!

1st Party New Character

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

Poll: IPs People Want (281 member(s) have cast votes)

If Nintendo were to roll out a totally new 1st or 2nd party IP, what kind of game would most interest you?

1. A Platformer (classic Mario style) (23 votes [8.19%])

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

2. An Adventure Game (like Zelda or Metroid) (105 votes [37.37%])

Percentage of vote: 37.37%

3. A Simulator/Shooter (like Starfox) (12 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

4. A Strategy Game (like Pikmin) (8 votes [2.85%])

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

5. An RPG (like Golden Sun) (64 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

6. An FPS/Shooter (like GoldenEye or, arguably, Metroid Prime) (39 votes [13.88%])

Percentage of vote: 13.88%

7. Other (like all the great genre defying games I don't have the presence of mind to mention) (30 votes [10.68%])

Percentage of vote: 10.68%

What kind of tone are you wanting from a new IP?

1. Super Casual/Party Game (Mii Games) (6 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

2. Fun/Lighthearted (Mario Galaxy) (37 votes [13.17%])

Percentage of vote: 13.17%

3. Dramatic/Slightly Intense (Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime) (128 votes [45.55%])

Percentage of vote: 45.55%

4. Serious, Intense/Dark (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)) (53 votes [18.86%])

Percentage of vote: 18.86%

5. Dark/Scary, Intense and Violent (Resident Evil, Dead Space, Etc.) (34 votes [12.10%])

Percentage of vote: 12.10%

6. Other (hey, I don't want to put you in a box) (23 votes [8.19%])

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

I Would love to Play a New nintendo Franchise
Posted Image

#42 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Well, me be a die hard Nintendo fan, I would love to see ANYTHING Mario (but I would like to see Mario Party 9 and a Super Mario Galaxy 3 most in particularly). Also it would be nice seeing another 3D Zelda game (regular 3D, not stereoscopic like the 3DS).

Here is a cool idea: A Super Mario RPG game that gathers Nintendo characters from every game! You know, Metroid, Link, Ash (Pokemon is made partially by Nintendo, correct?, all that stuff. So basically a Nintendo Kingdom Hearts.

Edited by Shiranui, 20 June 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#43 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

Here is a cool idea: A Super Mario RPG game that gathers Nintendo characters from every game! You know, Metroid, Link, Ash (Pokemon is made partially by Nintendo, correct?, all that stuff. So basically a Nintendo Kingdom Hearts.

Not really up for that tbh, I don't mind what they do with SSB having them fight each other because you don't need a compelling story for that and its easy to combine all the different universes. RPG however requires compelling characters and storyline, in what sort of (believable) universe could we see Samus, Link, Ash, Kirby, etc and Mario together fighting for the same cause.

----------------------------------

Bowser and Ganon are sucked through a universe bending wormhole into the Metroid universe, they combine their powers to pull over Zelda and Peach. However, seconds before Peach was pulled through she was knitting a pink sweater as a falling star makes direct contact with the sweater, the force combined from the universe bending teleport and the falling star spark life into the sweater, creating Kirby. Kirby tells Mario, they team up and create a rainbow machine to transport them to the Metroid universe.
Meanwhile, Link finds ancient markings in caves deep into death mountain showing a massive explosion with a giant pig and evil looking turtle wrecking the place. He also sees a picture of himself and the Zoras next to a giant watery wormhole. The Gods assist him to travel between universes. Once there he teams up with Mario, Kirby and Samus ( who was already well on her way to finding the evil pig and turtle duo).

----------------------------------

Mario; melee combat character
Link; Balanced - magic, ranged and close combat
Kirby; all about speed and agility
Samus; long range heavy damage

I'm sorry I went a bit crazy there...

(EDIT: wall of text misses)

Edited by TheSparrow87, 21 June 2011 - 06:14 PM.

#44 Axis Magnus

Axis Magnus

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Isn't that Pandora game hack N slash?

It is but it looked like it was more inclined towards Castlevania-style level progression as opposed to a beat-the-crap-out-of-everybody style of game. Besides, we don't even know if it's coming out overseas yet T-T

#45 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

I would LOVE a horror game.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#46 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:34 AM

I would LOVE a horror game.

Me too, tbh... Apparently there's more interest in this than I thought, though thmajority of people still look to be interested in a Zelda-esque adventure or an rpg... Looks like nintendo actually knows their fan base very well!

#47 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

A horror Game? Hm...that sounds good. Maybe a:

ZELDA'S MANSION! nah i kid
Posted Image

#48 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:03 AM

I doubt it will ever happen, but I'd love to see either a Donkey Kong or Mario game done in the same sort of humor as Conker's Bad Fur Day. That would ruin the image of those franchises, so perhaps some completely new made up characters would be better suited.

I'd also like to see some more games like Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64. I miss playing games like them.

Posted Image

#49 JackAspen

JackAspen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Super Smash Bros

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

Yes, Nintendo should buy Banjo-Kazooie or something like that from rare and make a new game like the originals

#50 Axis Magnus

Axis Magnus

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

Yes, Nintendo should buy Banjo-Kazooie or something like that from rare and make a new game like the originals

Nintendo selling Rare back their IPs was a HUGE mistake IMHO, Imagine what Retro studios could've done with Killer Instinct.

#51 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

a great rpg
Posted Image

#52 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

Much as I love the light-hearted games, lately I have found that I enjoy the darker more violent games too. I love explorers/platformers, I cut gaming my teeth on Tomb Raider. I enjoyed Mushroom men on the Wii, but also Dead space extraction. Goldeneye was a favourite along with Red Steel 2. A little light murder it quite relaxing of an evening. FPS games are easy to dip into and play for quick sessions. Sometimes I like something a little deeper and sometimes a lot darker.

The truth is I want it all, but I don't want Nintendo to do it all. I'm sure if they tried, Nintendo could turn out the greatest FPS or even Mature horror game, but A; that ain't likely and B; more devs will inevitably mean more ideas and variety. And, of course, more sales for the console.

#53 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

I just love platformers so thats what I voted for.

#54 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

I want something entirely unprecedented, that will blow the gaming world away. :D
Posted Image

#55 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

I want a new RPG from Nintendo and I want it to be a serious, but still somewhat lighthearted...

#56 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

I want something entirely unprecedented, that will blow the gaming world away. :)

50 years ago: There is no way you'll be able to kill someone without getting in trouble.
50 years later: Games like Call of Duty automatically get more than 1 million copies sold.

My opinion: I hate shooters.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#57 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

50 years ago: There is no way you'll be able to kill someone without getting in trouble.
50 years later: Games like Call of Duty automatically get more than 1 million copies sold.

I second that!

#58 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:31 AM

What's wrong with that? Now, you are able to have fun killing people, without getting in trouble. I think that's a reason to like it. Not, dislike it.

#59 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

I want an awesome nintendo themed RPG. A proper RPG, like final fantasy and golden sun etc, but with nintendo characters!! Like smash bros just an RPG and not 2D :D

Edited by CRAZY FOR WIIU, 12 July 2011 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image

#60 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

I want an awesome nintendo themed RPG. A proper RPG, like final fantasy and golden sun etc, but with nintendo characters!! Like smash bros just an RPG and not 2D :D

I think it would be kinda hard to make a story to an all-star RPG without it sounding really silly.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1st Party New, Character

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!