#1 themoth2112

themoth2112

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Music

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:50 AM

every other company has them, Nintendo needs them too.
Without exclusives no one who isnt a Nintendo fan boy (like ourselves:3) will buy the thing just because they don't care about the first party exclusives enough. There are alot of them out there, I assure you.

What games do you think Nintendo should buy up? Im thinking long term here people!
Stupid people do stupid things
Smart people outsmart each other.

#2 SpecialHam

SpecialHam

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Stuff and Battlefield/Cod

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:04 AM

Buy up?

#3 themoth2112

themoth2112

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Music

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

buy up. Like, what titles should they purchase as exclusives.
It makes sense:D

#4 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:15 AM

Call of duty, ummmm halo (if that is possible) left 4 dead, and battlefield. Can't think of any others at the moment

Edit: ohhhhhh! They could also get a rock band or guitar hero game! That would be awesome

Edited by Camcam281, 16 June 2011 - 04:16 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:21 AM

As for a third-party exclusive of an FPS, Nintendo has the Conduit remember? <_<

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:23 AM

every other company has them, Nintendo needs them too.
Without exclusives no one who isnt a Nintendo fan boy (like ourselves:3) will buy the thing just because they don't care about the first party exclusives enough. There are alot of them out there, I assure you.

What games do you think Nintendo should buy up? Im thinking long term here people!

Umm, Counter Strike, Portal, and Unreal Tournament.
Also they generally don't buy the games, the companies make the game from the console to earn themselves money.

Call of duty, ummmm halo (if that is possible) left 4 dead, and battlefield. Can't think of any others at the moment

Edit: ohhhhhh! They could also get a rock band or guitar hero game! That would be awesome

Halo is never going to happen, and they already have Rock Band and Guitar Hero on Wii.

#7 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:35 AM

Well, so far they have Killer Freaks and Ubisoft which is exclusive to their console (also on PC).

Didn't Ubisoft say they are making a different Assassin's Creed for Wii U or something?

Hopefully they will have one or two more before the console launches. People have been speculating on the possibility of Time Splitters 4 as exclusive.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#8 themoth2112

themoth2112

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Music

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:39 AM

As for a third-party exclusive of an FPS, Nintendo has the Conduit remember? <_<

I mean GOOD exclusives:P

#9 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

No doubt some exclusives will come, but they are not as important to Nintendo as the other two, because Nintendo's own software, which is exclusive, regularly tops out the charts.

I think some third party devs are being a bit narrow-minded in saying the Wii U is not their kind of platform and, seemingly, planning on ignoring it, not because of what it can do, but because of Nintendo's reputation as a "family gaming" company. Silly.

#10 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

I think some third party devs are being a bit narrow-minded in saying the Wii U is not their kind of platform and, seemingly, planning on ignoring it, not because of what it can do, but because of Nintendo's reputation as a "family gaming" company. Silly.

Yeah, I agree with this... but are the devs really saying this? The only devs I've heard turning up their nose at the WiiU are those in the pocket of one of the other brands (Sony or MS), and they turn up their noses at each others' systems too.

I think that the WiiU does direly need 3rd party exclusives (and good ones), but I don't think they should buy them. They need to organically generate them. People who don't think Nintendo can do this must have very bad memories... I don't know how anyone could forget what Rare did with GoldenEye, and I don't think it would take too much to get a studio like Mistwalker (of recent Last Story ire), Eurocom (new GoldenEye, Dead Space:Extraction), or Remedy (Alan Wake for Xbox360, who hasn't yet signed with MS for a sequel or followup and could probably be turned) to come to Nintendo with a genuinely fresh, deep experience that really turns some heads.

Also... what in the world is Silicon Knights doing these days (other than whining about Epic's tech support)?

#11 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

I mean GOOD exclusives:P

LOL... yeah, the Conduit was fun for a playthrough, but High Voltage is not the studio to turn to for a bit hit.

#12 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

The Conduit? I appreciate High Voltage trying to make a decent shooter for the wii, but that's not going to cut it for the wiiU. As much as I'd like to see High Voltage create a conduit for the wiiU that could actually compete with a Halo or Resistance or something...

Hopefully they will have one or two more before the console launches. People have been speculating on the possibility of Time Splitters 4 as exclusive.

TS4, now that's what I'm talking about! They have put out a teaser trailer on youtube a while back, but no news since then. Time Splitters games are always a lot of fun, and it would be an exclusive game that would make me proud to own the WiiU.

#13 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

The Conduit was fun, but I think the Wii U really needs more 3rd Party support, because it could end up like the Wii. When was the last time Nintendo had a lot of 3rd Party support? N64?
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#14 Kinvara

Kinvara

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

The Conduit was fun, but I think the Wii U really needs more 3rd Party support, because it could end up like the Wii. When was the last time Nintendo had a lot of 3rd Party support? N64?

I think it was SNES. Nintendo lost a lot of third party support on the N64 when it kept cartridges instead of switching to discs.

#15 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

Nintendo lost a lot of third party support on the N64 when it kept cartridges instead of switching to discs.

*cough* FFVII *cough*... seriously, man, the wound's still sore...

#16 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Well the Wii U already seems to have a lot of third party support, which is important, but that might not translate into many exclusives. Lots of third party devs are afraid to go up against Nintendo's own products and going exclusive could put them in that position. As I said before, exclusive third party games would be good to have, but I don't think they are as important to Nintendo as they are to Sony and MS, solely because of Nintendo's massive strength, and track record, as a software developer themselves and the exclusive content that they bring to the machine.

If the Wii U only gets a few third party exclusives, there will still be the likelihood of exclusive ways of playing cross-platform games, using the new controller and it's second screen.

#17 raney150

raney150

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

They don't really need third party exclusives. They just need the multiplatform games. Think about it, a console with Nintendo first party games and multi-platform games? I think a lot of people would go crazy for that.

#18 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

I'm not sure if third-party exclusives are truly needed on the Wii U. As was said on the previous page, Nintendo platforms can sell themselves on the first-party exclusives alone.

However, Nintendo have recently gotten themselves into the habit of bending over backwards with their own release schedules to allow third-party projects to shine. Case in point: Super Street Fighter IV and Dead or Alive Dimensions on the 3DS. So you never know.

#19 Sphinx

Sphinx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Star Fox, and Kingdom Hearts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Nintendo does not need third party exclusives. Their plethora of first party content is all that they need to ensure that their console stands out. Among home consoles, practically every big AAA third party title is multi-platform anyhow. The amount of money required to convince publishers like EA or Activision to produce Wii U exclusive AAA titles would most definitely not be worth the cost.

What Nintendo should focus on is the assurance that all major third party multi-platform games come to the Wii U.

#20 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

Nintendo does not need third party exclusives. Their plethora of first party content is all that they need to ensure that their console stands out.

I respect your point, but I really gotta disagree with you on this one... the 1st party content appeals to a certain type of gamer (mostly, the kind that was perfectly happy with the Wii, as well), but not to the audience of gamers currently on other systems, or about ready to go to other systems - both those that have left the Wii because they felt it ignored them, and those that never took Nintendo seriously in the first place.

The real problem is this. With the much lower install base of a newly launched system, and the recent memory of abysmally low sales for 3rd party games on the Wii, developers will, naturally, be hesitant to make anything truly original for the WiiU. 3rd parties need either big sales numbers or big Nintendo support to justify design risks. If all that the WiiU gets from 3rd parties is bland ports of games available on other systems, the WiiU may be looking at a repeat of the Wii situation, where 3rd party support evaporates and Nintendo is left with the only content on the system. Cross-platform games are okay... but they don't help the system itself succeed if there's no wide install base to buy them.

This is what Nintendo needs the 3rd party exclusives for. 3rd party exclusives draw wider ranges of new people to a system - get them in the door - and that allows all cross-platform games to sell well. If you can make a Sony fanboy break down and buy a WiiU for those two or three cool exclusives (like I bought an Xbox for Mass Effect and Gears of War), then you've got them for the cross-platforms, too. If you don't have them, then the cross-platforms don't sell at all.

The people who are all OMG'ing for a new Animal Crossing are NOT the same ones obsessing over the latest COD zombie mode DLC. The difference makes a big difference in a systems financial viability...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!