#1 Creative Canvas

Creative Canvas

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    The legend of Zelda, animal crossing.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

Okay I know most of you will buy this game, but is there anyone who's not buying the game? For me , I love the concept, but there's just too much blood and horror and I don't really play M games, plus blood makes me Squamish. I watched the trailer for zombiu with the pictures only, I was fine when I watched it the first time, but the second time I nearly wanted to throw up. What made it even creepier was that it had the song god save the queen playing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and all but I'm more centered around family friendly games. I have a little nephew who wants me to get it cause he thinks it's 'cool' I am not letting a 9 year old play a zombie game.

Plus I have a two year old goddaughter to think about so... Yeah...don't want to scare her. :)

#2 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

Okay I know most of you will buy this game, but is there anyone who's not buying the game? For me , I love the concept, but there's just too much blood and horror and I don't really play M games, plus blood makes me Squamish. I watched the trailer for zombiu with the pictures only, I was fine when I watched it the first time, but the second time I nearly wanted to throw up. What made it even creepier was that it had the song god save the queen playing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and all but I'm more centered around family friendly games. I have a little nephew who wants me to get it cause he thinks it's 'cool' I am not letting a 9 year old play a zombie game.

Plus I have a two year old goddaughter to think about so... Yeah...don't want to scare her. :)

ZombiU is definately not a game you want to play in front of your nephew or god-daughter. It looks interesting to me personally, but I don't have any kids and my wife saw the trailer and told me she wants to watch me play it, lol. I guess it looks like a good horror movie-like experience for her.

If I was in your situation, I would get Rayman Legends and New Super Mario Bros. U to start out. Both games are charming, but Rayman has the style and Mario has the polish. Project P-100 and Lego City:Undercover are games to pay attention to as well.

Just curious, what do you think of Assassin's Creed 3 and Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition?

Edited by Fig, 15 July 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#3 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

i was thinking about batman myself, have not made my mind on any game yet, but i prolly wont get zombiu
oh, and ponies
:laugh:

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm forced to play casual games. My mom won't let me play hardcore games even though I really want to because I'm thirteen. But I like ZombiU and I understand about your goddaughter and you being squemish. I'm sort of a ZombiU fanboy and I'm being nice here but again I like ZombiU. No offense though. Its a zombie game even though they're infected zombies are in awy still human which means they still have and the reason that there's so much is because like I said its a zombie game it needs those effects.
BTW 100th post :-)

Edited by Koopaman, 15 July 2012 - 08:22 AM.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Don't buy it.

#6 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

ZombiU looks fantastic and it definitely makes my list.

What I probably won't buy is multiformat games that have already been done elsewhere on other consoles previously or if it turns out the other console versions are superior. I already have a 360 and PS3. I'm really interested in the wii U because of Nintendo's own games which I love like Mario, Zelda etc. My wii collection is quite small, mainly first party Nintendo titles and not much else. I think Xenoblade Chronicles is about the only third party Nintendo title I have for wii currently. I had many wii titles previously which simply weren't worth keeping plus I rented many games and played them through quickly. I still have many Gamecube titles though.

#7 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

What I probably won't buy is multiformat games that have already been done elsewhere on other consoles previously or if it turns out the other console versions are superior. I already have a 360 and PS3. I'm really interested in the wii U because of Nintendo's own games which I love like Mario, Zelda etc. My wii collection is quite small, mainly first party Nintendo titles and not much else. I think Xenoblade Chronicles is about the only third party Nintendo title I have for wii currently. I had many wii titles previously which simply weren't worth keeping plus I rented many games and played them through quickly. I still have many Gamecube titles though.

Xenoblade isn't third party. Nintendo owns the company that made it.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Xenoblade is a first party title.

OT: While I'm excited for the game myself, I can understand your feelings toward it. I wouldn't get it either if i had a 9-year-old and 2-year-old to think about. Like someone else suggested, I'd go for a game like Mario, Rayman, or Lego City. Those would be much better choices for the younger kids.
Posted Image

#9 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm forced to play casual games. My mom won't let me play hardcore games even though I really want to because I'm thirteen. But I like ZombiU and I understand about your goddaughter and you being squemish. I'm sort of a ZombiU fanboy and I'm being nice here but again I like ZombiU. No offense though. Its a zombie game even though they're infected zombies are in awy still human which means they still have and the reason that there's so much is because like I said its a zombie game it needs those effects.
BTW 100th post :-)

Hey but there are tons of hardcore games that arent violent!
Posted Image

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

i couldn't play a horror on my own, only with friends, i might buy it with a friend and we share the game
Posted Image

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

If I were you maybe if there were a clean setting I would let a late TEN year old play it. Because it doesn't cuss or have blood. But that's unlikely in a zombie game.

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

I agree with you. I won't buy it because of all the gore (I'm 12 by the way, don't judge). I think the idea is really good but I have a sister who is 8 and isn't allowed to watch these sort of things. If it gets really good reviews, I might get it but I'll have to be careful playing it, though.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm definitely getting it. After playing Resident Evil I found that I like the genre. Certain parts of the game nearly gave me a heart attack.
Posted Image

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'll be getting it, for me, it will depend on how popular it is and if it has online play to determine how much i'll actually play it.

2lvmghw.png

#15 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'll probably get ZombiU depending on what I hear about it and such. It sounds like a great game so far, but I can see how it's not for everyone. I've played violent/bloody video games since a young age though so I generally have a much higher tolerance for them.

Posted Image

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

1. it's fine if you don't like scary game.
2. yeah ratings are there as guidelines killing things isn't something i'd let a 9 year old play.
3. you don't have to play a game in front of your goddaughter.

I'm looking forward to it.
I wouldn't care about it but it's a third party actually trying hard on a nintendo console, so I have to see how that works out.
I'm kind of played out on zombie games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Wow a responsible adult, that's great to see. A rare sight :)

Unfortunately we're all human and have a base instinct for violence, how we let it out healthily is the question. Myself I'm 26 going on 27, and find that either sex or videogames like Zombie U and GTA is a healthy psychological replacement for energetic/and or aggressive contact sports. Given that I only usually get to see my girlfriend once a week most of the time then videogames is the next option.

Edited by Penguin101, 15 July 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#18 Creative Canvas

Creative Canvas

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    The legend of Zelda, animal crossing.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

ZombiU is definately not a game you want to play in front of your nephew or god-daughter. It looks interesting to me personally, but I don't have any kids and my wife saw the trailer and told me she wants to watch me play it, lol. I guess it looks like a good horror movie-like experience for her.

If I was in your situation, I would get Rayman Legends and New Super Mario Bros. U to start out. Both games are charming, but Rayman has the style and Mario has the polish. Project P-100 and Lego City:Undercover are games to pay attention to as well.

Just curious, what do you think of Assassin's Creed 3 and Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition?

I want to get the batman game, never been a fan of assassin's creed though

There is a slim chance I might get it, but I would have to hide it for when my 9 year old nephew comes over. The thing is, he said he's played M rated games before, with my other nephew who is his cousin ( the cousin is 15 or 16 btw) and my brother just lets them play it... I just don't understand how my brother thinks letting a 9 and 16 year old play an M rated game is okay... I guess a16 year old understands it more then a 9 year old... But that still doesn't make it right

#19 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Honestly, if you said you weren't grossed out by gore, I'd say to just get the game and not play it around the twerps.
Posted Image

#20 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

There is no need to get the game if you don't like it. And if your nephew disagrees tell him that he's too young for games like this. The kid needs to act his age.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!