SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

A while back I fell into the trap of finding cult classic video games and discovering the awesomeness of these games. One of those games that I found was Zone of the Enders. If you don't know what this series is it is a extremely fast paced mech battle game that has been made by Metal Gear Solid producer, Hideo Kojima. This games main selling point was it included a demo for the upcoming new Metal Gear Solid game. The second game has been considered to be much better (though i haven't played it) and received some great reviews, unfortunately it didn't sell as well as they would have liked. Currently Konami is working on an HD collection of these games and it looks great. But it leaves me wanting one thing, Zone of the Enders 3 or U or whatever, I just want a new one, specifically for Wii U.

Now I have been thinking, what features would this series gain from a second screen, well I can think of a few.

1: Map on the bottom screen (This would work in almost every game but this game had me switching between the map screen a lot)
2: The special abilities on the bottom screen for easier access.
3: Mech status, this is kinda vague so allow me to elaborate. Have a type of wire frame figure of your mech that would have your mech's current condition.
4: Some sort of multiplayer, okay i know, it doesn't have much to do with the Wii U itself but, i just want to go online to do a mech deathmatch of some sort. :)

These are all that I can think of right now, but let me know what you think would be cool. And if you haven't played these games then you can buy the first for $3 (but it is really hard to find) and the second for about $10. There is also a HD collection coming out later this year for the Xbox 360 and PS3. I strongly recommend you do.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

I don't really know all that much about the series, but I was planning on getting the HD collection for the PS3 (if it comes to the Wii U I would then try to get it on there). I would love to see both a new game in the series, and the HD collection come to the Wii U.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

I dunno. I've heard good things about the series, but I've never actually seen the game in action.

We'll have to see about me getting it. Between new PS3/3DS/Wii U releases and my backlog, my gaming schedule is a tad packed.

Edited by GameCollector, 16 July 2012 - 08:21 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Zone of the Enders, Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear Solid, Nintendo, Ideas, gamepad, controls, Jehuty, A.D.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!