#1 Ridley's Revenge

Ridley's Revenge

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Mass Effect and Nintendo

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hey guys, so we all love Mettroid Prime, right? And survival horror games have taken a beating recently. So what about bringing back Metroid Dread and making it into a survival horror game? It would be a good way to distance itself from the Prime games and bring in the hardcore audience.

#2 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

You're going have to be more specific. What exactly do you want changed in Metroid Dread to fit the Survival horror genre? Because if you look at it some parts in the prime and the original series are already pretty creepy. You have strange/creepy alien monsters, claustrophobic, dilapidated space ships and planets filled with things that want to kill you.
You even get zombies in some of the games. So although it's not labelled survival horror and it doesn't follow the genre in a more traditional way Metroid has some elements of the Genre.

Also, out of all Nintendo's main series Metroid is already by far the most "Hardcore" that they produce. Changing it won't really do much.

Edit: Also, I'd like to Welcome you to the WiiU forums, I hope you enjoy your time with us. We're a very friendly community so you should be able to get comfortable right away!

Edited by Garolymar, 19 July 2012 - 08:14 PM.

Posted Image

#3 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

i think its a good idea but me personally i just want a metroid prime game right know

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

If Metroid Dread is Metroid Prime 4 then I'm all in. If not then.....you don't wanna know. :ph34r:

Welcome to the forums!

Edited by Koopaman, 20 July 2012 - 08:24 AM.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 Ridley's Revenge

Ridley's Revenge

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Mass Effect and Nintendo

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Thanks guys, and to adress the point of being more specific, I was thinking of something like the original Dead Space atmosphere. There are definitly parts of the Prime games that are creepy(specially the Phazon Mines in MP1... :ph34r:) but I don't think it ever met the level of survival horror. Also, I don't think the game should be counted as a numerical entry in the Prime series(if that's the way they decide to do that) but as more of a game to answer the questions of a 2D Metroid, like Other M...except much, much better. Long awaited sequel to Metroid Fusion anyone???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!