#1 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

I think it would be great to see the popular game "DayZ" make an appearance on WiiU. While i know it's still in heavy development for the pc and no other platforms, i think it would be great to see it make an appearance and show off the WiiU's online capabilities (and perhaps voice-chat).

For those who don't know what "DayZ" is, it's a open-world zombie survival game, so their is a fairly big difference compared to "ZombieU".

Who wants this game on WiiU :D
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

A mod of an expansion pack to Arma2 for the WiiU? Why can't we just have Arma2 on the WiiU, and have DayZ be DLC?

Edited by Tom, 20 July 2012 - 04:46 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

or an entirely new game similar to dayz.. like "the war z"

http://www.forbes.co...-mmo-announced/
urhhh.. potatoes?

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

I've watched DayZ gameplay. It's really boring IMO -_-

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

I would rather have War Z on the Wii U oppose to having DayZ because Dayz doesn't look that fun but form what i read about War Z sounds interesting.

#6 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

im ok with boring as long as theres lots of tactics, and it tends to work out in some games
either would be fun to have
:laugh:

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

What about an improved version of DayZ. One that seems more interesting.

#8 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

I don't know, from what I've seen Day Z just kind of seems, meh. But then again that's not my kind of game, but ZombiU looks like it's pretty similar IMO...

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#9 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

I think the dead linger when it comes out would good on the wii U. Also project zomboid I could see that working well on the wii U.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#10 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

It's the gameplay that sets itself apart from other zombie games, but i can see what you mean by the gameplay footage being boring.

The reason this game is so popular is because of how immersive it is, for one zombies behave faaarrrr more realistic then they do in other zombie games. Light, sound, gunshots and movement are just some of the things that will result in a massive zombie horde chasing you for minutes on end. Ammo is scarse, food is scarse, searching villages is an extremely risky business, night is extremely dangerous, other humans are out to get you, it's these things that help deliver such an immersive experience.

Just play the game and you will see what i mean.

Also while DayZ is currently a mod for Arma 2, it is being turned into a stand alone game.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#11 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

It's the gameplay that sets itself apart from other zombie games, but i can see what you mean by the gameplay footage being boring.

The reason this game is so popular is because of how immersive it is, for one zombies behave faaarrrr more realistic then they do in other zombie games. Light, sound, gunshots and movement are just some of the things that will result in a massive zombie horde chasing you for minutes on end. Ammo is scarse, food is scarse, searching villages is an extremely risky business, night is extremely dangerous, other humans are out to get you, it's these things that help deliver such an immersive experience.

Just play the game and you will see what i mean.

Also while DayZ is currently a mod for Arma 2, it is being turned into a stand alone game.

I really hope its just the person I watch who does gameplay that's boring. Its weird because in every other game he plays isn't boring. I would play this game though but since its on servers wouldn't you think that there would be more teamwork instead of every time you come across someone you just kill 'em, teabag 'em, then take their stuff? I read that if you're low on blood you can have someone administer more blood to you with a blood bag. That's the only bit of temwork I know of in DayZ because maybe one or two survivors can come in handy when going against the Zeds.

Edited by Koopaman, 21 July 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#12 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

I really hope its just the person I watch who does gameplay that's boring. Its weird because in every other game he plays isn't boring. I would play this game though but since its on servers wouldn't you think that there would be more teamwork instead of every time you come across someone you just kill 'em, teabag 'em, then take their stuff? I read that if you're low on blood you can have someone administer more blood to you with a blood bag. That's the only bit of temwork I know of in DayZ because maybe one or two survivors can come in handy when going against the Zeds.

You really don't know anything about the game at all so its a bit harsh to call it boring...

Its an extremely good concept and will get even better as they update it!

Don't bother watching gameplays, there obviously going to be boring, someone running for an hour not that exciting to watch but it is to play.

Its not about teamwork (thats not saying you cant team up which makes it a LOT easier) its good being worried when you come up to someone, not knowing if they are going to kill you or let you live. Its all about realism, and there are no other games like this.

It could really work well on the Wii U, your gear on the touchscreen would be perfect and with this new nintendo network it should be able to play well online, especially how its meant to be good for MMOs.

#13 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

I just say give Zombie U a multiplayer mode that works the way Day Z works.

Bam.

Posted Image

#14 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

You really don't know anything about the game at all so its a bit harsh to call it boring...

Its an extremely good concept and will get even better as they update it!

Don't bother watching gameplays, there obviously going to be boring, someone running for an hour not that exciting to watch but it is to play.

Its not about teamwork (thats not saying you cant team up which makes it a LOT easier) its good being worried when you come up to someone, not knowing if they are going to kill you or let you live. Its all about realism, and there are no other games like this.

It could really work well on the Wii U, your gear on the touchscreen would be perfect and with this new nintendo network it should be able to play well online, especially how its meant to be good for MMOs.

I said would play the game and I said that it was the person I watch that was boring. About the teamwork thing, I was just wondering. I don't think people should change how they play I was just wondering why was there not a lot of teamwork if the game is on servers. It doesn't really matter to me. AGAIN I would play this game.

#15 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

I said would play the game and I said that it was the person I watch that was boring. About the teamwork thing, I was just wondering. I don't think people should change how they play I was just wondering why was there not a lot of teamwork if the game is on servers. It doesn't really matter to me. AGAIN I would play this game.

Teaming up with other players can be life or death in DayZ.

Everything is out to kill you, zombies are out to kill you, hunger is going to kill you.
You can even get a cold if you don't watch your temperature.

Sometimes people will play this game and just die because they don't have enough food, teaming up with other people will help bring in more loot and help give you a better chance of surviving.

However in DayZ you can't trust anyone, sometimes your team mates will kill you when you least expect it in order to survive themselves, so it's always a question of wether you should kill them first or take the gamble of staying with them and risk being killed yourself.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!