Photo

PlayStation 3 vs Wii - Which had better RPG's?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Which had better RPG's (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Which had better RPG's

1. PlayStation 3 (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Wii (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Out of the PS3 or Wii, which had the better RPG's?, we all know the PS1 and PS2 had tons of amazing RPG's but this gen it looked like Nintendo stole a lot of that from Sony.

Edited by Meelow100, 21 July 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

I would have to say the PS3 simply because there are more of them. The Wii has Xenoblade, Paper Mario, and (soon in America) The Last Story as well as a couple of others. The PS3 has just tons of both Western Rpgs and J-RPGs.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

I haven't played an RPG on either that I was satisfied with.
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#4 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final Fantasy, Naruto, Pokemon

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Lmao hahaha sorry but this is a very funny Poll since the answer is so obivious. The PS3 hands down had the most RPG and JRPG games compared to the Wii.
Sorry but this is a 100% Fact.

Edited by Andres, 21 July 2012 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Tie.

#6 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Tie.

A Tie? you must be Joking right? allow me to show you the difference with this....

http://www.metacriti...3?view=detailed PS3 RPG/JRPG List

http://www.metacriti...i?view=detailed Wii RPG/JRPG List

As you can see the PS3 Has Three Pages of RPG/JRPG games while the Wii has one and the PS3 had very good RPG and JRPG games compared to the Wii.... So a Tie really?

Edited by Andres, 21 July 2012 - 04:43 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

A Tie? you must be Joking right? allow me to show you the difference with this....

As you can see the PS3 Has Three Pages of RPG/JRPG games while the Wii has one and the PS3 had very good RPG and JRPG games compared to the Wii.... So a Tie really?

Cool, but the title is which had better, not more.

#8 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Cool, but the title is which had better, not more.

Well its exactly why i put a Metacritic List to show the scores of the games on the two systems, so you tell me which system has the better games? More is a Plus in my Book.
Posted Image

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well its exactly why i put a Metacritic List to show the scores of the games on the two systems, so you tell me which system has the better games? More is a Plus in my Book.

Yeesh, calm down. You're going at the poor dude like a rabid badger. Besides, scores aren't everything. I could play a game that got a perfect score and think it sucked.

Well, I know the PS3 does have more JRPGs/RPGs in general, I mean, we hold these truths to be self-evident.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if there an RPG that has had a bigger effect on the JRPG world than Xenoblade Chronicles. I mean, this game is probably the biggest thing to hit the RPG world since Chrono Trigger was released.

While the PS3 has quantity, the Wii has a rather large amount of quality in its JRPGs. (Not saying ones on the PS3 are bad, but still.)

So like Emblem said, I personally feel that it's a tie.

Posted Image

Edited by GameCollector, 21 July 2012 - 04:58 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

PS3 by a long shot. Wii has a few RPGs sure, and with the localisation of Xenoblade/Last Story/Pandora's Tower it's grown even more, but it really is pitiful compared to the PS3, even if the Wii's RPGs are quite high quality.

You also have to take into account the fact that PS3 also has a good number of WRPGs in addition to JRPGs, like the TES and Fallout series for example. The Wii just... doesn't really have a single one.

Posted Image

#11 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yeesh, calm down. You're going at the poor dude like a rabid badger. Besides, scores aren't everything. I could play a game that got a perfect score and think it sucked.

Well, I know the PS3 does have more JRPGs/RPGs in general, I mean, we hold these truths to be self-evident.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if there an RPG that has had a bigger effect on the JRPG world than Xenoblade Chronicles. I mean, this game is probably the biggest thing to hit the RPG world since Chrono Trigger was released.

While the PS3 has quantity, the Wii has a rather large amount of quality in its JRPGs. (Not saying ones on the PS3 are bad, but still.)

So like Emblem said, I personally feel that it's a tie.

Posted Image

Sigh... I realize this is a WiiU forum so I don't expect most of the posters to have a open mind on gaming in general. I am one of the lucky ones that own more than one specifc console(WII,PS3,Xbox360) and I also realize that I probably won't be able to convince you or anyone else on my position. I know this because the truth is most people answer these type of Questions(the poll) based on their experiences and opinions,which to be fair is exactly what the OP wants to know, "Our Opinion". So with that in mind MY opinion Is based on the amount of time I've spent playing RPG's in total and Which of these two Consoles Provided more enjoyment for me. My opinion....PS3 takes the cake. It not only satisfied my gaming thirst for JRPG's but it also sated my WRPG thirst as well. I realize the wii also had its gems but Xenoblade chronicles came a bit too late for MY taste, Although I did play it and enjoyed as well.
Posted Image

#12 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Why is this between Wii and PS3, the DS had better RPGs in my opinion. Pokemon, Golden Sun, and Dragon Quest just to name a few.

#13 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

Sigh... I realize this is a WiiU forum so I don't expect most of the posters to have a open mind on gaming in general. I am one of the lucky ones that own more than one specifc console(WII,PS3,Xbox360) and I also realize that I probably won't be able to convince you or anyone else on my position. I know this because the truth is most people answer these type of Questions(the poll) based on their experiences and opinions,which to be fair is exactly what the OP wants to know, "Our Opinion". So with that in mind MY opinion Is based on the amount of time I've spent playing RPG's in total and Which of these two Consoles Provided more enjoyment for me. My opinion....PS3 takes the cake. It not only satisfied my gaming thirst for JRPG's but it also sated my WRPG thirst as well. I realize the wii also had its gems but Xenoblade chronicles came a bit too late for MY taste, Although I did play it and enjoyed as well.

Do not accuse me of being close-minded. You will lose that war.

And you're correct, this thread is OUR PERSONAL opinion, so quit quoting other people and trying to cram your personal opinion down their throats like it's fact.

Edited by GameCollector, 21 July 2012 - 06:18 PM.

GameZombie44.png

#14 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Wii has Xenoblade, so Wii!

Though I don't have a PS3. so, I don't think I'm qualified to vote.

#15 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Do not accuse me of being close-minded. You will lose that war.

And you're correct, this thread is OUR PERSONAL opinion, so quit quoting other people and trying to cram your personal opinion down their throats like it's religion.

Ha! It's the first time I have read such an asinine response,What Idiotic war is that? You realize you've shot yourself in the foot with this response right? So I quoted or misqouted your silly observation sue me! If anything I did so to prevent you from claiming I put words in your mouth. I find the accusation that I am somehow cramming my Personal opinion down someone's throat to be completely ludicrous, as if no one on this thread(including you) hasn't done so? let me demonstrate and I quote (hehe)

"On the other hand, I'm not sure if there an RPG that has had a bigger effect on the JRPG world than Xenoblade Chronicles. I mean, this game is probably the biggest thing to hit the RPG world since Chrono Trigger was released."--You

Really now is that a fact?

And what about this Gem? " Besides, scores aren't everything"

Wait It goes on! " While the PS3 has quantity, the Wii has a rather large amount of quality in its JRPGs"

All according to you.

"So like Emblem said, I personally feel that it's a tie" are you defending this person or do you speak for him?

I would like to add that I may have been a little aggressive at first with my previous responses I do admit that, (Sorry about that Emblem). I also realize you (Gamecollector) are not a close-minded "fanboy" as I can clearly see you also play on your PS3 and have achieved a many platinums as well ( good on you mate). But..the fact of the matter is we both have fallen for this Troll bait (sorry OP it's true) and suffered for it. I would to caution you though not to stick your teenage nose too far into the honey badger's burrow or you will get bitten(lol just kidding). It is all about opinions, fair enough?
Posted Image

#16 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Ha! It's the first time I have read such an asinine response,What Idiotic war is that? You realize you've shot yourself in the foot with this response right? So I quoted or misqouted your silly observation sue me! If anything I did so to prevent you from claiming I put words in your mouth. I find the accusation that I am somehow cramming my Personal opinion down someone's throat to be completely ludicrous, as if no one on this thread(including you) hasn't done so? let me demonstrate and I quote (hehe)

"On the other hand, I'm not sure if there an RPG that has had a bigger effect on the JRPG world than Xenoblade Chronicles. I mean, this game is probably the biggest thing to hit the RPG world since Chrono Trigger was released."--You

And what about this Gem? " Besides, scores aren't everything"

Wait It goes on! " While the PS3 has quantity, the Wii has a rather large amount of quality in its JRPGs"

All according to you.

"So like Emblem said, I personally feel that it's a tie" are you defending this person or do you speak for him?

I would like to add that I may have been a little aggressive at first with my previous responses I do admit that, (Sorry about that Emblem). I also realize you (Gamecollector) are not a close-minded "fanboy" as I can clearly see you also play on your PS3 and have achieved a many platinums as well ( good on you mate). But..the fact of the matter is we both have fallen for this Troll bait (sorry OP it's true) and suffered for it. I would to caution you though not to stick your teenage nose too far into the honey badger's burrow or you will get bitten(lol just kidding). It is all about opinions, fair enough?

A "little" aggressive? Both of us know that's an understatement :unsure:

I personally think that the Wii has more quality RPGs than the PS3. I still think PS3 has it's gems as well, but the Wii has more that I enjoy.

Edited by Dr. Giggles, 21 July 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

But if we were being biased I would say Wii was better. I agree with you though since this is a Nintendo forum so much is biased. So don't bother arguing about anything Nintendo vs. or Sony vs. anything besides Nintendo because Sony and Nintendo would win.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Ha! It's the first time I have read such an asinine response,What Idiotic war is that?

Posted Image

You realize you've shot yourself in the foot with this response right?

Not in the least, no. No foot-shooting has gone down here!

So I quoted or misqouted your silly observation sue me! If anything I did so to prevent you from claiming I put words in your mouth.

Calling me a close-minded fanboy so I can't claim you put words in my mouth is, uh...well, confusing really.

I find the accusation that I am somehow cramming my Personal opinion down someone's throat to be completely ludicrous, as if no one on this thread(including you) hasn't done so? let me demonstrate and I quote (hehe)

Kinda looks like you're trying to cram your opinion down his throat to me.

A charming cast of characters that interact constantly, a uniquely designed and fascinating setting, forward-thinking gameplay systems that combine the best of East and West, and the exhilarating feeling that comes from taking part in an adventure that feels truly epic. - Joystiq

I fell in love with JRPGs in the 16-bit era because they constantly showed me things I'd never seen before. Somewhere in the last 15 years, most RPG developers in Japan have lost sight of that, instead rehashing the same fantasies and floating by on nostalgia. Xenoblade Chronicles is the first JRPG I've played this generation that has me excited for the future rather than simply reminding me of happy memories from my past. Monolith Soft deserves praise for creating it. - Gameinformer

Xenoblade Chronicles is the sort of precious JRPG that this recent console generation has sorely lacked. Despite some missteps and over-complication, the game stands out as one of the best in recent years. - G4TV

It's one of the best games on the Wii, it's one of the best RPGs in this generation, and more than that, it's one of the better JRPGs ever made. - Machinima

The best Japanese RPG of this generation. The fact that it looks like it's from the last generation is its only drawback, but its technical limitations are offset by imaginative artistic direction, innovative and compelling combat, and thoughtful design. It's a throwback to the glory days of the genre. - IGN

Xenoblade Chronicles is a sublime, wonderfully paced game that both refines and modernises the Japanese role-playing game. - Gamespot

It's a potent return to form for Takahashi, then, a glowing comeback for the Japanese RPG, and an injection of creativity for some tired hardware. Xenoblade Chronicles manages to impress, enrich and, best of all, inspire wonder. - Edge Magazine

I'd say it is, yes.

"And what about this Gem? 'Besides, scores aren't everything' "

I stick by this through and through. Scores aren't everything, although they do help.

"Wait It goes on! 'While the PS3 has quantity, the Wii has a rather large amount of quality in its JRPGs'

All according to you."

I said this in the first place, yeah.

I honestly don't see the point in this little comment here. I'm in agreement with him, obviously. He said the same thing I did, and I said I was in agreement.

I would like to add that I may have been a little aggressive at first with my previous responses I do admit that,

Didn't you just say "I find the accusation that I am somehow cramming my Personal opinion down someone's throat to be completely ludicrous" earlier?

(Sorry about that Emblem). I also realize you (Gamecollector) are not a close-minded "fanboy" as I can clearly see you also play on your PS3 and have achieved a many platinums as well ( good on you mate).[/quotes]

Thanks, I've worked rather hard on them.

But..the fact of the matter is we both have fallen for this Troll bait (sorry OP it's true) and suffered for it.

Erm...I wouldn't really be so hasty to call it troll bait. It's a legitimate question.

I would to caution you though not to stick your teenage nose too far into the honey badger's burrow or you will get bitten(lol just kidding).

I know you're just kidding, but I honestly do my best responses in situations like this. Requires me to use the ol' grey matter.

It is all about opinions, fair enough?

Thank you for the apology, and fair enough.

GameZombie44.png

#19 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

To me, the only good ones on Wii are Xenoblade, Monster Hunter tri, Last Story and Pandora's Tower. They're really good, but few.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

I don't like RPG's, but I live in Europe.
The wii has better RPG's here than the PS3 from what I've seen and read on gaming related web-sites.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!