• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

I know Nintendo will announce Wii U 2013 games at the Fall Conference but it gets me sad watching this video and seeing Nintendo not doing the same for Wii U at E3 2012.

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

It was huge when Nintendo went up and announced that kind of info. I remember I was stunned that devs were so supportive of the thing, even though a lot of that support didn't actually come through in the end. I wish they did that with the Wii U it would have had a lot more impact on everyone.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Why could'nt they have done that with Wii U instead of showing off games like SiNG and Fitness Evolved....wait DJ Hero 3d and Assassin's Creed? Those never came out for the 3ds and Nintendo showed that two years ago...
sorcery.png

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Why could'nt they have done that with Wii U instead of showing off games like SiNG and Fitness Evolved....wait DJ Hero 3d and Assassin's Creed? Those never came out for the 3ds and Nintendo showed that two years ago...
sorcery.png

I don't know what happended to DJ Hero but Assassin's Creed for 3DS got cancelled for Revelations.

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

I wonder how Assassin's Creed would've turned out...

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 esper

esper

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo The Muppets Pokemon Yu-Gi-Oh

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

sorcery.png

E3 = casual Nintendo Direct = US

Also Nintendo probably doesn't want to announce a bunch of games that may end up being canceled.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

I don't know what happended to DJ Hero but Assassin's Creed for 3DS got cancelled for Revelations.

DJ Hero likely was cancelled as the entire " Hero" ( Guitar Hero) series was killed because of low sales or something like that.

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

I think that Nintendo ended up getting really worried about this kind of thing when over half the games they announced either got cancelled, got delayed, were never heard of again or were just badly received.

I noticed how they seemed to be putting a lot of emphasis on only announcing "launch window" games at this E3, and I think that this was precisely because of the situation with the 3DS. I guess they'd rather keep people in the dark for a while so they don't get disappointed when games are cancelled.

Posted Image

#9 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

I think that Nintendo ended up getting really worried about this kind of thing when over half the games they announced either got cancelled, got delayed, were never heard of again or were just badly received.

I noticed how they seemed to be putting a lot of emphasis on only announcing "launch window" games at this E3, and I think that this was precisely because of the situation with the 3DS. I guess they'd rather keep people in the dark for a while so they don't get disappointed when games are cancelled.

Amen to that. People are still buzzing over MegaMan Legends 3 being canceled. :wacko:
Posted Image

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

Amen to that. People are still buzzing over MegaMan Legends 3 being canceled. :wacko:

Can you blame them though? This could have been a huge comeback for the Megaman franchise in this generation, and it all looked so promising especially with that beta demo that was supposed to come out in the eShop.

But alas, for some unknown reason CAPCOM thought of just giving it up. Pretty odd considering that Megaman's creator still wants it done.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

Can you blame them though? This could have been a huge comeback for the Megaman franchise in this generation, and it all looked so promising especially with that beta demo that was supposed to come out in the eShop.

But alas, for some unknown reason CAPCOM thought of just giving it up. Pretty odd considering that Megaman's creator still wants it done.

My heart still hurts from that. It was also the sequel to a 10 year old game that had a cliffhanger.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#12 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

E3 = casual Nintendo Direct = US

Also Nintendo probably doesn't want to announce a bunch of games that may end up being canceled.

The problem is that no causals watch E3. Only hardcore gamers does.

28gxdv8.png

#13 esper

esper

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo The Muppets Pokemon Yu-Gi-Oh

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

The problem is that no causals watch E3. Only hardcore gamers does.

Nintendo advertised E3 on Twitter and Facebook. They had a live stream on they're Facebook page. They tried to get any "casual" to watch thier E3 presentation that they could, we got more info from the Nintendo Direct after E3 than E3 itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!