• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

With the Wii U be compatable with the Ethernet Cable?

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

I am not sure this picture is from 2011. I hope so because I use a cable!

2lvmghw.png

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

No. Nintendo use WiFi.
Buy a Wii LAN Adapter, which will plug into the USB slot. http://store.nintend...roductId=117712

Edited by Nollog, 01 August 2012 - 06:13 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

It hasn't been confirmed for it to be in the final retail version.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

wow that would be really not good if it doesn't have it. Hopefully the wii adapter fits if it doesn't have it.

#6 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

as long as the usb ports can serve as internet connections, then problem solved

i think it would be a smart (and probable) thing to be implemented, come on, not everyone wants to look at their laggy wireless connection time out again

Edited by uh20, 01 August 2012 - 09:57 PM.

:laugh:

#7 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

yes when you use the appaptor most likely the same one as wii and the 3rd party ones on offer there like £5 or something it wont ship with it UNNECESSARY WASTE OF MONEY AND SPACE there also old gen wifi is were its at so if you want to go caveman net get a earthernet device from the shop or use the one you have for wii they must work

USB WILL PROVIDE THE SLOT FOR CONNECTION EXACTLY LIKE Wii

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'm really hoping that an ethernet port is added because I really am not looking forward on having to buy a "Wii U LAN Adaptor" let alone play through WiFi connection.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

For online gaming if you are really fussy an ethernet cable is best, you don't get packet loss when something interferes with the wifi signal. I've heard in some residential areas with a lot of routers about perhaps in flats you can get a fair amount of packet loss but for most of us wifi shouldn't be a problem.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

wow that would be really not good if it doesn't have it. Hopefully the wii adapter fits if it doesn't have it.

There is no reason why it shouldn't as it's just a standard USB connection.

I'm really hoping that an ethernet port is added because I really am not looking forward on having to buy a "Wii U LAN Adaptor" let alone play through WiFi connection.

I suspect they won't and will go the same way as the Wii having to use the USB LAN adapter.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

No, it wouldn't be not good. It would be following on from the past 10 years at Nintendo.
>USB.
It'll fit.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

so going old gen wired connection is core ,,,,,,now this is seriously getting confusing the core lol as they call themselves really sony ms fanboys,,say cutting edge is hardcore yet there now saying a wireed net conection is the core and harddrives wait wait wait these so caled hard core call cuting edge hardcore any new tech even if its irrelivent tech now its old tech is core this is confusing a normal real gamer cannot keep up!!

is it old tech thats core or new tech thats core, because last time i checked wifi and flash was cutting edge, and wired cdonections are 10s of decades old as is harddrive tech...!!?

so antique is now the CORE sorry wifi and flash are the cutting edge long lengths of wire and 1950s harddrives need to be put to sleep LOL

Edited by thehappening, 04 August 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

if u check the image... and the bubble that says "USB PORT" .. I see 1 usb port and 1 ethernet port.. so... ARE u blind?? Dont you see that the bottom port is 3 times the size of the top usb port? either ways.. if wii U dont support ethernet cable.. it will be a problem for those who DONT have wifi router, but a modem without...

The funny part is, that western countries, like UK for example. All providers give a modem instead of a router... (In my country all providers stopped giving modems, so everybody got a router)... That means all brits must buy a router with wifi as well!? :)

Edited by Orion, 04 August 2012 - 05:43 AM.

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

if u check the image... and the bubble that says "USB PORT" .. I see 1 usb port and 1 ethernet port.. so... ARE u blind?? Dont you see that the bottom port is 3 times the size of the top usb port? either ways.. if wii U dont support ethernet cable.. it will be a problem for those who DONT have wifi router, but a modem without...

The funny part is, that western countries, like UK for example. All providers give a modem instead of a router... (In my country all providers stopped giving modems, so everybody got a router)... That means all brits must buy a router with wifi as well!? :)

There is clearly 2 USB ports.

2lvmghw.png

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

wii U allready got 1-2 usb ports at the front and its logical to have 1 at the back.. But my notice is in the size of the bottom port, looks bigger than the top one..

Edited by Orion, 04 August 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#16 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Its still not an ethernet port.

2lvmghw.png

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

The bottom usb slot appearing larger is likely a trick of perspective.

They are probably the same size, its just we cant see all of the top one as the ports are in a recess, and the top part of the upper porf is being ocluded from our vision.

I dont see ethernet cable support.

Nintendo is probably thinking something like this:

If it costs a buck per unit to put in an ethernet port, then every million units we save a million bucks.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

im so core with my length of wire and my loud hot unreliable oversized moving parts storage medium that loads data oh so slowly
………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
……,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll
…..lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-..*`*;..)
……..,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...
…….|.../…/…/.*`......……………………)….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…………
..............f`-,………`-,/…*-,___,,-~*….,-*……|…`-,.....\

#19 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

im so core with my length of wire and my loud hot unreliable oversized moving parts storage medium that loads data oh so slowly
………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
……,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll
…..lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-..*`*;..)
……..,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...
…….|.../…/…/.*`......……………………)….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…………
..............f`-,………`-,/…*-,___,,-~*….,-*……|…`-,.....

Seriously, why does he need a response like this.Maybe the WiFi in his home is unreliable. I have the same problem when it comes to my dorm at my university. It is terrible and unreliable so using an Ethernet cable is a good option
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#20 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

To use Ethernet you hook up your Internet connection to the console with a cord right? That would never work for me anyway because it's in a completely different room, though sometimes I feel it would be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!