• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

This is the fairest comparison of current gen vs next gen I can see, both are launch games and both are FIFA

Edited by Nintendoes, 05 August 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

this is just a showcase of wii u's power at LEAST it will do these graphics which is sweet

Signature_Fox.png

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

This can't work, the Xbox one is 240P.

There is no way to compare with these videos.

#4 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

Not a true comparison.

The 360 game was built for the system.

The wii u game was built for the 360 then ported.

Not indicative of system power.

#5 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

no comparason if assassins creed 3 has the best graphics on wiiu confirmed and visuals on the pad its clear wiiu games are visually above almost anything on x360

aliens wiiu has better graphics than x360 and again futher visduals on the pad its clear wiiu utterly destoys xbox 360 and iwata confirmed 50% of wiiu power being used by devs at this point

evidence proves a case

Edited by thehappening, 05 August 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#6 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

no comparason if assassins creed 3 has the best graphics on wiiu confirmed and visuals on the pad its clear wiiu games are visually above almost anything on x360

aliens wiiu has better graphics than x360 and again futher visduals on the pad its clear wiiu utterly destoys xbox 360 and iwata confirmed 50% of wiiu power being used by devs at this point

evidence proves a case

Aliens looks better than PC version as well. So does batman.

Of course the ports look better on wii u because it's far superior hardware.

But keep in mind, these weren't written to take good advantage of the Wii U next gen hardware.

It's old stuff enhanced by new hardware.

The real tale will be told next year by games actually written for and developed with full wii U potential in mind.

#7 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Aliens looks better than PC version as well. So does batman.

Of course the ports look better on wii u because it's far superior hardware.

But keep in mind, these weren't written to take good advantage of the Wii U next gen hardware.

It's old stuff enhanced by new hardware.

The real tale will be told next year by games actually written for and developed with full wii U potential in mind.

I wouldn't say those games have better graphics than on the PC but i agree the Wii U needs to show it's chops next year because the *Xbox 720* is coming out next year.

#8 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Not a good comparison...

The Wii U is getting ports from current gen consoles and still they look better, something that it was expected when new hardware approaches.

#9 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

you could have used a video more than 240p
also the WiiU version is a port from the 360.
the other hand it shows us that games do not take full advantage of the consoles power at launch.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#10 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

there ports of life end x360 games so comparing to start of life x360 games is more than dumb ,,,they clearly desimate x360 2006 software and that would be a obvious thing

#11 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

there ports of life end x360 games so comparing to start of life x360 games is more than dumb ,,,they clearly desimate x360 2006 software and that would be a obvious thing

Although a lot of the early 360 games were ports. So its a valid comparison

Posted Image

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

I wouldn't say those games have better graphics than on the PC but i agree the Wii U needs to show it's chops next year because the *Xbox 720* is coming out next year.

Aliens developer said wii u is better than pc.

Batman wii u screens are also superior to pc.

Although a lot of the early 360 games were ports. So its a valid comparison

FIFA wasn't.

Bad comparo.

You'd be referencing perfect dark, Kameo, etc (all of which looked like glorified n64 games). in which case, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

#13 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

FIFA wasn't.

Bad comparo.

You'd be referencing perfect dark, Kameo, etc (all of which looked like glorified n64 games). in which case, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Sorry, Fifa 06 did see a graphical improvement but that was about it. Had modes removed among other things. Found this review
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/667/667601p1.html

Posted Image

#14 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

Their was a picture that someone posted a while back comparing Assassins Creed 3 PS3 graphics with those of the WiiU version.
Unfortuatley Imajoe isn't working at the moment so i can't upload it.

But from what i could see their wasn't a really much of a difference, their was just a tad more gloss and the picture was more sharp and less hazy.

Edited by AndyG, 06 August 2012 - 12:52 AM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#15 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Their was a picture that someone posted a while back comparing Assassins Creed 3 PS3 graphics with those of the WiiU version.
Unfortuatley Imajoe isn't working at the moment so i can't upload it.

But from what i could see their wasn't a really much of a difference, their was just a tad more gloss and the picture was more sharp and less hazy.

E3 perhaps. Those were confirmed early builds built on early hardware. Apparently the builds are getting progressively better for wii u. We should see this at gamescon in a couple weeks

Posted Image

#16 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Surely people realise the fifa video of the 360 is incredibly grotty quality and completely unfair to post.

Anyway here is Call of duty 2 which was a launch game for the xbox 360 and a middle release on 360, Call of duty modern warefare.

Seems a fair comparison and shows some improvement visually on modern warefare, nothing dramatic but definitely noticable.

However if you compare early ps3 titles to later titles there can be a huge difference but also on the original xbox a launch title like Halo compares really well to later games. It really depends on how easy the wii u console is to develop for.

From what I've read the wii u is easy to develop for. Remember how the wii was expected to blossom later with much better games but it never materialised for obvious reasons.

Clearly the wii u will perform better later on as developers become used to it but how much better is the question.

To be honest I still don't know for sure what the launch wii u games will be capable of. I've not seen ZombiU close enough or clearly enough to know how it compares to current gen consoles.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

This is how it really looks like.
You picked the worst Fifa video for 360. So biased smh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!