Photo

Sony Admits the PSVita is struggling with 3rd Party...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 x29x

x29x

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything Nintendo.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

“We’re having a more difficult time than we had anticipated in terms of getting support from third-party publishers, but that’s our job.”

“We will continue to talk to development communities and publishing partners and tell them why [PlayStation] Vita can provide a great experience for the IPs they have and I hope the Assassin’s Creed game will prove that.”

http://mynintendonew...aystation-vita/

Whos the Wiitard now, fanboys?

Posted Image

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Not good news... The Vita's a great console, and I'd hate for it to be discontinued early or just not get the support it deserves. :(

Posted Image

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Didn't really need an official statement from Sony to tell me what could've been taken as obvious.

Shame it's selling badly, but with everything they're doing with it, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

The only thing that can save the Vita is Monster Hunter... And that situation is complicated now...

Or maybe giving it for free, that guarantees a couple millions of sales.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

It's just too expensive with the insult of the pricey memory cards on top of that. Even for the market that wants dedicated gaming on the go which is obviously on a much higher level than anything you'll find on a tablet or smartphone, it offers so little in the way of quality software right now...and even then you have to shell out probably on average $30 per game.

The bundle sales are a step in the right direction, but only a price drop and at least 2 "system seller" games by the end of the year will save it.

Is COD a system seller? Probably. Is Assassin's Creed? Probably not.

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I hope Black Ops Declassified looks good. They didn't show us ANYTHING at E3. Why? It's just stupid. I saw this thing not going to do well. The problem with Sony is, is that they don't really have any system seller games. They just have their own dedicated Sony fans and some core audience that don't care about exclusives

2lvmghw.png

#7 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Why is this is wii u hardware. This should be in general gaming.

Posted Image

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

After COD sales will riiiiiiiise.
No sig.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

After COD sales will riiiiiiiise.

And ass creed and lbp and ps all stars.

PSV has a good few great titles in the future.
The problem is it's way too expensive, and not catering to the market that buys overly expensive handhelds (Children-Teenagers).
The adult market isn't really there in any big numbers.
There are a good few, but in percentages you'd be looking at about 5% of all PSV owners being over 17.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

The only thing that can save the Vita is Monster Hunter... And that situation is complicated now...

Or maybe giving it for free, that guarantees a couple millions of sales.

How can it be a sale, if its free? O.o
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#11 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

Didn't really need an official statement from Sony to tell me what could've been taken as obvious.

Shame it's selling badly, but with everything they're doing with it, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

its always a shame when a console is pretty much a fail on the companys part its not even a competitor for 3ds lol

And ass creed and lbp and ps all stars.

PSV has a good few great titles in the future.
The problem is it's way too expensive, and not catering to the market that buys overly expensive handhelds (Children-Teenagers).
The adult market isn't really there in any big numbers.
There are a good few, but in percentages you'd be looking at about 5% of all PSV owners being over 17.

exactly

Whos the Wiitard now, fanboys?

if someone calls you a wii tard they have some serious issues

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 11 August 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Moved to General Gaming.

While I hate to see it failing at the moment; I can't help but find at least a little irony in them admitting this when lack of third party support is pretty much the #1 complaint Nintendo get's from the "core" audience.
Posted Image

#13 x29x

x29x

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything Nintendo.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

if someone calls you a wii tard they have some serious issues

Sony fanboys call nintendo fans Wiitards
Posted Image

#14 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

The vita is a amazing console, its super powerfull, but that in itself i think is the main problem, its too powerful, which means its expensive. and people will just buy a home console instead, it need's to offer a different experience. Also the price of the memory cards are a joke. But things are starting to look up as new and more interesting games appear on the system, like AC etc....
its a shame its not a competiter for the 3ds, then they would, er..., work harder on the 3ds, gamewise i mean.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#15 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

anyone expecting some mythical vita fight back is drinking fanboy flavor coolade the device is dead and obsolete ,it has no 3D it has no dual screen there for it fails completey in competing with the 3DS the device is a loss maker and doesnt tick a single next gen box in terms of handheld gaming

and anyone thinking wiiu pad isnt futher disruption to vita again is sucking on that fanboy flavored milkshake a bit to hard and there going to get jaw ack

#16 x29x

x29x

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything Nintendo.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

The vita is a amazing console, its super powerfull, but that in itself i think is the main problem, its too powerful, which means its expensive. and people will just buy a home console instead, it need's to offer a different experience. Also the price of the memory cards are a joke. But things are starting to look up as new and more interesting games appear on the system, like AC etc....
its a shame its not a competiter for the 3ds, then they would, er..., work harder on the 3ds, gamewise i mean.

LOL!!!
Posted Image

#17 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Sony fanboys call nintendo fans Wiitards

only if they are drones and d bags. im a sony and nintendo fan and i dont go out calling nintendo fans wii tards lol

sad thing is the graphics dont look any noticebly better lol

Signature_Fox.png

#18 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

sad thing is the graphics dont look any noticebly better lol

Really, i never noticed that, i havn't been on one for a long time, :P

why is that, Is it because of the small screen or did they go all out an thing's like shader's? I would have thought it would have been noticeably better than the 3ds.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

How can it be a sale, if its free? O.o

Advertisement revenue, in-game micro-transactions, etc. "The Future" in short.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Their problem is they can't get 3RD party support onto this thing which is causing sales to drop. The problem with this is the only way that they are going to get any 3RD party support is if the sales start to go up. As of right now I want a Vita, but am not willing to buy one because I feel as though there are not enough games to warrant my purchase. Sony is going to have to do something drastic to fix this, or they are in serious trouble with this thing.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!