Photo

7 things you didn't know about the Wii U.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Yikaria W.

Yikaria W.

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Lucky Star, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

To find out more of what you didn't know, click this link: http://www.foxnews.c...i-u/?test=faces

I was very perplexed when I didn't know those 7 things. :|

Posted Image

#2 Nintendogmaster

Nintendogmaster

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

I did know some of it. But I was kinda shocked about the "One controller at a time" thing. Cause then that just makes the console a little less good. I still dont know if i want a wii u. It depends on the price.
Posted Image
NYAN PRISM!!!!

#3 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

i knew all of it, nothing new lol :angry:

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

The only thing I didn't already know was number three. The rest is all common knowledge. This article seems like it was written for people who aren't especially interested in the Wii U and haven't been following any of the news about it.

#5 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, I knew all of that so wasn't anything new. And that 1 controller thing is a rumor, not fact.
Posted Image

#6 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

We will have two or more controllers eventually.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#7 Haha

Haha

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

I knew all of that, but like CamCam said, the one controller is a rumour/undecided.Is this right?

Edited by Haha, 17 June 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#8 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

kind of a weird article tbh, most of these things were known at the unveiling of the console. Looks like they just needed a Wii U story and picked up some random facts/rumours.
Their take on n3 is a bit misleading as well, yes it was based on the same basic technology but it's not going to come close to it.
Wii U remotes not sold separately was mentioned by a Nintendo rep, not the first time they've been wrong. Seeing as the article is 6 days old I guess ill let that slide.

On the Wii U controller thing, the Wii U is technically capable of streaming to 4 different U-motes, but the cost of the controllers is going to be high so they want to design with only 1 U-mote in mind, for the time being.

#9 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

On the Wii U controller thing, the Wii U is technically capable of streaming to 4 different U-motes, but the cost of the controllers is going to be high so they want to design with only 1 U-mote in mind, for the time being.

thats why they need to do something like this
Posted Image
seriosly, i would love this controller if it was real.

Edited by abbe, 17 June 2011 - 12:18 PM.

#10 Yikaria W.

Yikaria W.

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Lucky Star, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Posted Image

I know right?

Posted Image

#11 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

All of that is old news. The questions about the controllers isn't the capabilities it is the cost.

Satoru Iwata has said the following in regards to multiple Wii U controllers being used simultaneously:

"There’s a cost issue. Technically, it is possible for the Wii U to support multiple Wii U Controllers. We’re not planning on asking our customers to buy multiple Wii U Controllers."

#12 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

Posted Image

Too bad it's not ergonomic.

Ergonomics come first for Nintendo.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#13 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

The Wii U can support more than one controller. Nintendo just isn't implementing more because of costs.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#14 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, I knew all of that so wasn't anything new. And that 1 controller thing is a rumor, not fact.

Some thing you might want to think about. The console processes the graphics on the TV and on the controller so yea the one WiiU controller thing sounds very close to fact.

Now Discuss.
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#15 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Some thing you might want to think about. The console processes the graphics on the TV and on the controller so yea the one WiiU controller thing sounds very close to fact.

Now Discuss.

some technical details were revealed that the wii u can stream SD quality content to up to 4 controllers. Nintendo is opting out of this (at least with first party titles) because the cost of a controller is going to be significantly higher than we are used to.

#16 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Now Discuss.

It is not a fact. It has been stated only because of cost. Which I would like them to let me be the judge of it. I wouldn't buy 3 controllers. I would buy only 1 for sports games.

#17 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

It is not a fact. It has been stated only because of cost. Which I would like them to let me be the judge of it. I wouldn't buy 3 controllers. I would buy only 1 for sports games.

Did I say it was a fact? Would you like to point that out for me?

Other than that your comment is rather what I would think. :angry:
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#18 raney150

raney150

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:40 AM

I'm very disappointed. Not only did I know the things that were true, I also knew that 2 "truths" they posted were false.

#19 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

Too bad it's not ergonomic.

Ergonomics come first for Nintendo.

i think it looks pretty ergonomic, pretty much like the xbox 360 : /

#20 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

Ugh, so inaccurate and patronising. Typical Fox News I suppose.

Edited by Rockalot, 18 June 2011 - 06:29 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!