• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 iShuys

iShuys

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Anyone else experiencing the same feeling when the GameCube launched? With Pikmin 3 being one of the titled due to launch with the Wii U, and with having Super Smash Bros not far and Nintendo having titles like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for their 3DS, I am just having that nostalgic feeling with the GameCube, I haven't felt that since the GameCube, anyone else feeling that?

Also, I think Pikimin 3 is going to be the top selling game when the Wii U is launched.

#2 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

New Super Mario Bros. U will be, that is all but certain. I kinda see what you mean, but I don't really agree, nintendo has changed a lot since then, it feels similar to the Wii in my opinion, Zombi U certainly reminds me of Red Steel...
Bring the noise.

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

New Super Mario Bros. U will be, that is all but certain. I kinda see what you mean, but I don't really agree, nintendo has changed a lot since then, it feels similar to the Wii in my opinion, Zombi U certainly reminds me of Red Steel...

how does it remind you of the wii. I saw the wii and I thought "crap, those motion controls are going to get annoying fast" and they did. SS and SMG were the only games to make good use of MCs. They announced the wii u and I thought "yes, nintendos back on track :)"
To me, the wii was a side project and the real succesor to the GameCube is the Wii U. So yes it feels like the GameCube launch. Although I was 5 when the GameCube launched, and I was a blind Nintendo fanboy as a result of my father being that way, so I don't remember worrying about specs, just Mario and my greatest memories on pikmin with my dad :)

Edited by KillerMario, 24 August 2012 - 11:01 AM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

As far as I am aware Pikmin wasn't a launch title for Gamecube. Melee and Pikmin came out on the same day, and I know Smash Bros wasn't one. If the Wii U ends up being anything like the GameCube (in terms of 1st party games) I will be a happy dude. Lets just hope that it gets the 3RD party support and sales that it needs.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Anyone else experiencing the same feeling when the GameCube launched? With Pikmin 3 being one of the titled due to launch with the Wii U, and with having Super Smash Bros not far and Nintendo having titles like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for their 3DS, I am just having that nostalgic feeling with the GameCube, I haven't felt that since the GameCube, anyone else feeling that?

Also, I think Pikimin 3 is going to be the top selling game when the Wii U is launched.

Agreed. Reveal Super Mario Sunshine 2 and Nintendo is back to the glory, which is their best generation except for the SNES. Wii is a close runner-up tho too.
No sig.

#6 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

I get what you mean and I agree, but Smash Bros is really far. We would be lucky if they even show or tell us something for next E3.
Posted Image

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

how does it remind you of the wii. I saw the wii and I thought "crap, those motion controls are going to get annoying fast" and they did. SS and SMG were the only games to make good use of MCs. They announced the wii u and I thought "yes, nintendos back on track :)"
To me, the wii was a side project and the real succesor to the GameCube is the Wii U. So yes it feels like the GameCube launch. Although I was 5 when the GameCube launched, and I was a blind Nintendo fanboy as a result of my father being that way, so I don't remember worrying about specs, just Mario and my greatest memories on pikmin with my dad :)

nintendo was on the best track with wii lol. well besides third parties.

but yah i was really little but looking back at gamecube at launch it seems alot like that and the wii launch.

Signature_Fox.png

#8 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

I didn't know 5 year olds could be fanboys :mellow:
Posted Image

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

I didn't know 5 year olds could be fanboys :mellow:

You have no idea...
Lots of playground fights...lots of them...

nintendo was on the best track with wii lol. well besides third parties.

but yah i was really little but looking back at gamecube at launch it seems alot like that and the wii launch.

The wii was on track sales and profit wise, but I personally preferred my ps360 because of all the great games for them. Wii did have good games, but only once or twice a year did one appear.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

I saw the Wii and thought, "yes, that's the way forward" and was well excited, the Gamecube was not as exciting as the Wii, or as good for that matter. Just a matter of opinion, but saying the Wii was a dissapointment is plain wrong, I own more games on the Wii then I did with the Gamecube, and have enjoyed them all more, it doesn't metter if it had motion controls or not, just like it won't matter if games on the Wii U don't use the controller screen, a good game is a good game no matter what console it's on. Not to say I didn't love the Gamecube. The Wii was the same third party wise as the gamecube, but instead of ports it has different versions of multiplatform games, which some would argue as a good thing. Sorry for my pointless argument though, it is all just about preference at the end of the day, but the Wii was definitely not a dissapointment: just different.

Edited by Happy Monk, 25 August 2012 - 03:53 AM.

Bring the noise.

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

I agree with killer. Being a huge Sega kid, the Wii felt more like the Sega CD or 32x rather than the next bomb console. Wii may of sold a crapton...but it didn't feel like a gamers machine. The wii got them back on the financial tracks, but the Wii U is getting them back on the gaming tracks.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

Never owned a gamecube.

So....... nope.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON