• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Sure does seem like the developers rely on you having gamers in the house. I for one have no one to play with and all the best games are local MP only.

ZombiU is supposed to represent the new hardcore direction yet its couch coop. Tank! Tank! Tank! is the only other game that I find even remotely interesting and its couch coop as well.

Just going down the list and looking into every game I could, I found zero that have online multiplayer.

Edited by Oblivion165, 24 August 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#2 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Tekken Tag 2 will most likely be online.and ghost recon online is obviously online same with black ops 2.

Edited by ianh05, 24 August 2012 - 08:16 PM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#3 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

BoPs 2 hasn't even been announced for WiiU (all rumors) and everyone will most likely buy it for established systems to play with a larger player base.

Ghost Recon was terrible but could have online. The more you look into these games the less and less they talk about online multiplayer. If a game is going to be online; its one of the biggest selling points yet no one has said anything. Its a pretty good bet that it wont be included if they are not putting it right out front first thing.

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Mass Effect 3 has online multiplayer.
Assassin's Creed 3 has online multiplayer.
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed has online multiplayer.

ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U use online, (not for multiplayer).

What was that about no games have online?

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Sonic and Sega All Star Racing, Mass Effect 3, and Ninja Gaiden all have multiplayer as far as I am aware.

Scowls at Blake by beating me to the punch by 2 seconds.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed - Couldn't find 1 reference to online multiplayer. Official site or interviews.
Mass Effect 3 - Might, not confirmed in any way
Assassains Creed 3 - Might, not confirmed in any way but is for others: http://wiiublog.com/...x-360-at-least/

The biggest problem we see here is that none of the devs will actually say it will.

Edited by Oblivion165, 24 August 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#7 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

so you assume that because they don't mention it that it won't happen? why would Nintendo work on a whole new online system if no games have online play?
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#8 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

Zombie U better be online...this is not 2001. Every new game should have some sort of online option. Come on Nintendo. Get it right!

#9 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

so you assume that because they don't mention it that it won't happen? why would Nintendo work on a whole new online system if no games have online play?

Launch titles rarely have online functionality and this appears to be no exception. Online multiplayer is one of the main things to look for in any game and if anyone had it, it would of been confirmed already.

Zombie U better be online...this is not 2001. Every new game should have some sort of online option. Come on Nintendo. Get it right!

It for sure 100% does not have online multiplayer. Confirmed by developers that its couch coop only. The rage that brought on is what started the journey.

Edited by Oblivion165, 24 August 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#10 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Ya know I agree with Oblivion 165. The only I have someone to play with is when my 2 friends (yes just 2) come over. It seems like not a lot of launch games have online multiplayer. I hope that somehow gets fixed. I'm wanna play online with people....

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#11 iShuys

iShuys

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm not too bothered at the moment. I'll be playing NSMB with my family and any other games like Zombie U. I'm just looking forward to how the online functionality works, Sharing things, It's different so It's going to be great. Just think how much updates Wii U will have to their online system, They'll end up doing trophies if not for long.

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

Aliens: Colonial Marines, Fifa 13, Madden 13, Battlefield 3, Dirt, Blops 2, AC3, Darksiders 2, Dragon Quest 10 and more. Looks like you've missed some. Don't worry man.
Posted Image

#13 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

^ all above have been confirmed to be ports equal with the wii u's console counterparts so why would they not include online multiplayer

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

...woohoo.... I am steaming with excitement... i cant wait to get my hands on that and play online,,,

Posted Image

#15 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

This is kinda sad.....its things like this that make me feel like Nintendo does not get it. We live in a world where online is king. I am a busy person and my friends are to. We dont have time to get together a lot and just play vids. I play by myself a lot and like to just turn on a game and play a quick online match. Without this feature, this game is going to lack. Lots of games will lack without online.

#16 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

This is kinda sad.....its things like this that make me feel like Nintendo does not get it. We live in a world where online is king. I am a busy person and my friends are to. We dont have time to get together a lot and just play vids. I play by myself a lot and like to just turn on a game and play a quick online match. Without this feature, this game is going to lack. Lots of games will lack without online.

But as a lot of guys stated above, a lot of games will have onine...
Posted Image

#17 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Honestly I don't see any reason whatsoever for ZombiU, NSMBU, and Pikmin 3 not having online multiplayer functions. Especially when they're all going to have some form of local multiplayer available. I still think Nintendo is playing it far, far too safe with the Wii U. We have a proper online infrastructure now, so first party titles really should be adapting to that.

Posted Image

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

sad about what we just listed numerous games to have online

#19 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Ok cool? Name me a top franchise of Xbox or Sony that does not have online? This is not Mario. This is a zombie killing game. All games like this have online. The point is most people like to play online on games like this. This is a big wii u exclusive. So once I beat the game that's it? I'm done? I just don't see why it couldn't include some sort of online multiplayer.

#20 PachanoP

PachanoP

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, ZombiU, Pikmin

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Tekken Tag 2 will most likely be online.and ghost recon online is obviously online same with black ops 2.

Don't forget AC

ZombiU Has online multiplayer, well thats what i undersand when i read the website.

Edited by PachanoP, 25 August 2012 - 12:57 PM.

________________________________________________Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!